“Excellent Stay”
Review of Carolina Winds

Carolina Winds
Ranked #48 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 30 October 2013

From the time I dealt with making my reservation over the phone, until time of check-out I was very pleased. Everyone was friendly and helpful. The view from the top was fantastic. This part of the beach is not as busy as the main section and it was one of the reasons my husband and I chose to stay at Carolina Winds. I just wish we could have stayed longer! The room was clean and we always got fresh towels and linens in our room. I will recommend CW to my family and friends!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Donna B

Reviewed 27 October 2013

Serious mould in master closet and bath that needs to be fixed asap.
Needs updating. Complex is very nice and quiet. Nice pool area.
Double beds in master and 2nd bedroom need to be replaced as they were sagging and not comfortable, and should be queen size.
Need curtains that darken the rooms at night (major problem...)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank christineleblanc
Reviewed 26 October 2013

For decades I've returned to the Carolina Winds. Growing up, I used to compete in dance competitions and would spend many summers here for National Finals. Their amenities make it a perfect choice for families and couples alike.

The rooms are comfortable, spacious and have everything you need. Wonderful views from all the balconies in this well designed hotel. The pool is huge!

The hotel is showing it's age a little, but it is well looked after and the committed staff take pride in it. Employees are kind, accommodating and make the extra effort to ensure your stay in Myrtle Beach is pleasant. They will go the distance for you and offer you great southern hospitality and great value for your dollar.

I stay in cookie cutter hotels all the time from all the big brands...this place feels like I'm staying with friends. There is no other choice for me.

I hope you enjoy all the wonderful things this place has to offer.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ThomasEngine
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I have stayed at Carolina Winds every year for the past 4 or 5 years and we always love staying here. The location is great and the service and cleanliness is wonderful. I would recommend this hotel to my family and friends.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 October 2013

we stay in a 2 BR and 2 BA which was great had a very nice view of the ocean. It was like a home away from home. Had our 3 month old grand-daughter and it was so quiet there that she slept thru the nights so it was peaceful enough for her which made it peaceful for all of us cause she had good sleep and made the stay sooo much better. Our kids and grand daughter enjoyed the pool and the lazy river. So we all enjoyed the stay very much and is looking to come back again

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

You get what you pay for. The room was Ok the staff seen Ok but the rooms are very much outdated. The balcony door lock was Broken and hard to lock. The tiled floor was sticky. Housekeeping need to really clean and just suave clean. Gray view but we will not be back sorry.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Fameaka T
Reviewed 15 October 2013

My husband and I recently stayed 5 nights(Oct 6-11) in an angle oceanfront room. We really enjoyed our stay, it was clean and comfortable. I just wish we'd had better weather, it rained a good bit of our visit, but we were still able to enjoy the oceanfront pool, it's huge and heated! The staff were all very helpful, and always welcomed you with a warm smile..from Troy at the front desk check in, to the sweet ladies in house keeping, to the security guard. It was a very enjoyable vacation.

• Stayed: October 2013