“next time we'll stay in a1 or 2 bedroom suite”

Carolinian Beach Resort
Ranked #70 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 2 August 2011

had trouble controlling the air conditioner. Too cold Our stay was enjoyable, hotel was great. and people were courteous and friendly. We;ll be back.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 1 August 2011

This hotel was very nice and was clean. If you book through Best Western.com or 800 number, you get 2 free breakfasts at your choice of 2 nearby restaurants. The kicker was that no matter how many people were in your party, you only got 2 free vouchers. Free mini golf and waterpark in Surfside Beach was also included. My only complaint was that housekeeping came really late in the day. (like 3 pm or after, and still had to come back hours later to bring clean towels) Housekeeping service was not the greatest either, all they did was make the beds and give us more supplies and a cheap vaccum here and there. Other then that this place was great!!!!!! I would come back in a heartbeat!!!!!! BTW, book a room with a washer and dryer. Its so convient ;)

Reviewed 1 August 2011

My family and I stayed in a 2 bed/2bath condo, oceanfront. It was beautiful and definitely more than I expected. Overall we loved the place and would definitely stay here again. The parking garage was a street over from the hotel and just a short walk away. Not bad at all. The check in area was congested and very crowded, very tight parking. One complaint I have is that you aren't allowed to use a luggage cart to load or unload your car unless you pay for valet service. I've never stayed anywhere where this was the case and I thought this was one of the few negatives about the hotel. Check in staff was friendly and courteous and we thought they were great.
Maid service was good for the most part. The first day the maid removed all of our dirty towels but didn't leave any clean ones and the kitchen trash was never emptied but the beds were made and the place was vacuumed every day.
The pool was not very crowded and one of my daughters stayed at the pool most of the time. The hot tub was very small and there was only one. It would be nice if they added another one.
The hotel is just a short walk away from Pier 14 and the new sky wheel. My teenage daughters enjoyed walking the beach to the "strip" every night. We had a great vacation and I would highly recommend this hotel. We loved it!!

Reviewed 31 July 2011

We spontaneously took a trip to Myrtle Beach, SC for a weekend without booking a room. We came upon the Best Western and they actually had a room, they were right on the beach and decided to stay. The only room available was a double with two beds. We had a flat screen TV and a balcony. We could not see the beach but we were within walking distance. Overall the hotel was clean, decorated really nice and was definitely a good value. The cons was that you could hear noises (conversations, yelling, car doors opening and closing, sirens) from the street and in the hallways but that probably has to do with the how the building was made. We would stay again especially if we booked in advance.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 July 2011

Our experience with the Best Western Carolinian was not out of this world, but we did enjoy our stay there. We arrived early and checked in, but our room was not ready. Katrina, at the front desk, was kind enough to call me on my cell once our room was ready and we did go in earlier than scheduled. The staff at the registration desk was helpful and polite with any questions we had. The hotel provided free mini golf, from 1 to 7 pm, free water park tickets, and free adventure camp tickets for every day. Our family enjoyed the mini golf and water park, however, the adventure camp was a whole different story. It's 35 minutes away from the hotel, it is located on a golf course, and the activities are not at all as described. The staff there is not trained to be "camp counselors." While we were there, my son was waiting to climb the rock wall, and as we were waiting, the girl climbing the wall before him fell from the top of the wall. The rope broke from the person who had it tied around them, and the staff was not prepared to deal with an accident of this sort. After that, we decided that camp was not the best place to be.

The lazy river in the hotel was also very misleading. It was extremely small and so was the pool. Not anything to brag about.

We enjoyed dining at Benjamin's Original Seafood Buffet. The prices were reasonable and the food was good. The Magnolia Restaurant I would not recommend. We ate lunch there and the food is all deep fried or smothered, also, there is not much of a selection in food. If that is your taste in food, then you would enjoy it. But I guess for the price, you can't expect it to be gourmet.

Overall, the Best Western housekeeping staff was wonderful. They quickly replaced everything and left the room spotless every day. My family enjoyed sitting out on the balcony, especially at night. The best thing about the hotel are the staff and the beach view. My family enjoyed Myrtle Beach, but we don't know if we would return again.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view, any other view is not worth the stay.
Reviewed 30 July 2011

First off I am a very particuliar person. I was actually stuck with booking the Carolinian because our previous vacation plans had fallen through due to an error by Expedia. I decided to hunt down a hotel and airfare on my own and found myself at the carolinian.
Postives: I had a two bedroom suite with two separate baths and a washer and dryer in room. That was a big plus for a family of five. The kitchen was very nice and very well equiped with stove frigerator and microwave. We had two lovely balconies with a great view.
What really impressed us though was the staff. I had been to South Carolina two years prior at another hotel more well-known hotel and was less than impressed with staff attitudes. The staff on-site were friendly and courteous. It rained the first two days of our trip and my baby sister hungout with the Jacob and Ruby from team activities and had an absolute ball with them. They searched for sharks teeth, painted, and went to miniature golf (when it cleared up) with her. The front desk staff was also excellent, Trina especially sticks out in my mind as a very sweet person. We also had an excellent housekeeper for our first two nights Monday and Tuesday, we really missed her for he next two nights because while our room wascleaned the job was not as thorough.

It is really because of the staff of this hotel I am giving such a good review.

The Negatives:

The beds are ultra firm and ultra stiff. It took me an hour to fall asleep on my first night. The suite was clean but items were scoffed and it looked like the furniture needed a few cosmetic repairs here and there.
Speaking of repairs, right out side our door was an air vent, it looked like there was water damage around it that had not been repaired but instead painted over.
Quibbles (not really negatives but ways to improve):
The spa pool was always fileld and it was hard to get a few minutes in. It mgiht be good to have another pool. Also, I would seek to have heated pools for the covered areas. The water can be pretty chilly, and while the main draw is the ocean, when it rains and you still want to get wet a warm pool is more welcome than a cool one.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Carolinian Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad that you came and stayed with us and that our staff was friendly and courteous and that you children enjoyed the summer camp activities. I am happy that you enjoyed having a full kitchen and the view from the balconies. I hope that you and your children will come back and stay with us again next year.

Autumm Fenstermacher

Reviewed 30 July 2011

Hotel is old and beat up. Room was dirty. Front desk staff was nice.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cherylann48220

Thank you for writing a review. I am glad that the front desk staff was nice, however; I am sorry that your room was beat up. I hope that you informed the front desk so we could find another room for you.

Autumm Fenstermacher