My first visit to Myrtle Beach and it was a blast!! It was a father/daughter golfing trip and we were pleasantly surprised at how wonderful the hotel and staff were. My father had been to Myrtle Beach before and is a hard man to impress, but he was very impressed with this resort.
It shouldn't have been a real surprise because from the moment I booked the golf/condo package, our booking agent (can't recall her name - sorry :( ) and our golf representative Micheal were in constant touch with us via email answering any questions I had, catering our reservations to us (i.e. a late check in because we were driving in from 17 hrs. away, late tee time our first day because of that long drive, a condo on a floor not too high, but still with a view, etc). The staff were incredibly polite and friendly, from front desk to maintenance to housekeeping, there was always a "good day ma'am".
I am always curious about the places I visit, so it was a treat at how patiently the staff answered my relentless questions about the area, it's history and so on. After researching before booking, I knew to stay in the newer tower so I requested we stayed in an oceanfront 1 bedroom on the 11th floor and the suite (#1131) was perfect! Everything was in perfect working order, setup up perfectly and a nicely updated. We couldn't have asked for more. Honestly, it was an incredible deal.
The only glitches we could think of were:
1. - in the evenings before bed, we watched a little tv and not being from the area weren't familiar with the channels or the programming ... a channel listing and programming guide for the week would have been helpful ... was told at check out that they actually have them at the front desk, but unfortunately no one mentioned it sooner
2. - the hot breakfast buffet was very nice and tasty!! ... but it was the same thing every day ... some variety would have been nice, such as some cereals, muffins, yoghurts, breads, etc ... our systems aren't quite used to all that fried food so early in the morning, especially before a golf game:)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a great location, superb facilities and affordable rates at the Carolinian Beach Resort, an award-winning hotel where children under 18 stay FREE with parents. Enjoy a Myrtle Beach hotel with a friendly atmosphere and smartly-appointed accommodations for families, couples and group getaways. The Carolinian offers loads of great amenities that are sure to please including an on-site lazy river, oceanfront pool deck, direct beach access, and even FREE breakfast included with your reservation! During your resort stay, we encourage you to explore the variety of services available to you at our hotel and other Oceana Resorts in Myrtle Beach. From spa services at Awakening Spa located at the Anderson Ocean Club, to great guest privileges at area merchants, our resort offers a convenient location plus a variety of onsite services for everyone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Carolinian Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Carolinian Oceanfront Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Best Western Myrtle Beach
- Best Western Carolinian Beach Resort
- Myrtle Beach Best Western