“Great room and beach”

Carolinian Beach Resort
Ranked #70 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 15 May 2012

Oceanfront room is close to beach. Large balcony on 10th floor with 4 chairs and a small table. 1 BR with 2 full beds and pull out sofa in living area. Full kitchen and in-suit laundry. Close to airport (3-4 miles), but no airport noise. Quiet room. Nice pools indoor and outdoor.
Would definitely stay here again.

1  Thank Ellen P

Reviewed 14 May 2012

the front desk made me feel welcomed when my husband and I arrived,

I just had two complaints, no Shower Curtain in the bathroom, when the guest services personnel arrived, he handed me the Shower Curtain to put up I was confused about that when that should be a part of his job.

Also Guest Services dragged their feet on cleaning my room/bathroom after several requests being made.

I would like to see the Hotel put a request for room clean or Do not disturb on their door handles, It is aggrevating when you are on a vacation and someone knocks on your door at 9am. sometimes we like to sleep in.

Room Tip: I like the Beach Atmosphere
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank felicia O
Reviewed 14 May 2012

I stayed with my husband and daughter on the 6th fl. in the tower. We had an ocean front one bedroom suite. The suite was cozy and clean with a nice kitchen, ice maker in the fridge and washer/dryer. The living room and bedroom had a flat screen tv. The hotel has beach chairs and umbrellas for rent. They also offer complimentary miniature golf across the street. The Mayflower across the street had a pretty good breakfast buffet, but Harry's was good as well. The person who checked us in wasn't very friendly, but the person working with her was very friendly. We arrived about 3:15 and had to wait for our room. Otherwise, all other staff exhibited wonderful southern hospitality.

Room Tip: Ocean front was beautiful.
1  Thank tracylee59
Reviewed 13 May 2012

Just spent a couple of nights and one full day at this Best Western. We stayed in a two bedroom suite which was nicely situated in a corner, with full views up and down the beach. Furnishings were simple, nothing fancy but clean. The bathrooms looked newly done with tile floors and large oval tub/showers. The staff were very responsive and accommodating and the two minor issues we had (a missing TV remote & shower lever that did not work) were quickly taken care of. Flat screen TVs in both bedrooms and living area were very nice. We had asked for a lower floor and that was done as requested. Plenty of chairs in the pool areas and small but acceptable lazy river and pool. Parking garage was a block away and had adequate parking. The location allowed us to walk to a beach store (2 blocks) and we walked the beach to Beach Bumz for lunch, about a 5 minute walk. When compared to our other two "usual" places to stay (Camelot & Breakers), the furnishings and bedding were not as fancy but the value was very good for the price difference. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a lower, ocean front suite. Good views of the beach, quiet and you can walk if you want to...
1  Thank joy28504
Reviewed 13 May 2012

I found the staff of the Best Western Plus Carolinian to be very friendly and courteous. I was there with a large group of people and we were treated very nice. My room was in the tower on the 16th floor. I was impressed that they listened to my request for a high floor ocean front room. The staff was also great as far as making reservations went. They were extremely friendly and were very helpful in getting my room, before I arrived, switched from the small building to the tower. The room was very clean and comfortable. It had a large ocean front balcony with a great view. The pool was nice as were the other surroundings. The hotel location is also very good. The one thing I did not like at first was that there were few ice machines, but that was taken care of since my room had a full kitchen with an ice maker. The only thing I found irritating was that housekeeping came too early each morning and were very insistent about getting into the room. One morning they were banging on and trying to get in the door even though I had the Do Not Disturb sign out. The housekeepers were very friendly though and always did a great cleaning job. They were just too insistent. If I stay here again I will tape a large sign to the door saying "Do Not Disturb." I definitely would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I would suggest staying in the Tower. The short building is older and the rooms did not look as nice...
1  Thank jstephens9
Reviewed 13 May 2012

Great place to stay! Will stay there next time I am in Myrtle Beach!

Reviewed 12 May 2012

My first visit to Myrtle Beach and it was a blast!! It was a father/daughter golfing trip and we were pleasantly surprised at how wonderful the hotel and staff were. My father had been to Myrtle Beach before and is a hard man to impress, but he was very impressed with this resort.

It shouldn't have been a real surprise because from the moment I booked the golf/condo package, our booking agent (can't recall her name - sorry :( ) and our golf representative Micheal were in constant touch with us via email answering any questions I had, catering our reservations to us (i.e. a late check in because we were driving in from 17 hrs. away, late tee time our first day because of that long drive, a condo on a floor not too high, but still with a view, etc). The staff were incredibly polite and friendly, from front desk to maintenance to housekeeping, there was always a "good day ma'am".

I am always curious about the places I visit, so it was a treat at how patiently the staff answered my relentless questions about the area, it's history and so on. After researching before booking, I knew to stay in the newer tower so I requested we stayed in an oceanfront 1 bedroom on the 11th floor and the suite (#1131) was perfect! Everything was in perfect working order, setup up perfectly and a nicely updated. We couldn't have asked for more. Honestly, it was an incredible deal.

The only glitches we could think of were:
1. - in the evenings before bed, we watched a little tv and not being from the area weren't familiar with the channels or the programming ... a channel listing and programming guide for the week would have been helpful ... was told at check out that they actually have them at the front desk, but unfortunately no one mentioned it sooner
2. - the hot breakfast buffet was very nice and tasty!! ... but it was the same thing every day ... some variety would have been nice, such as some cereals, muffins, yoghurts, breads, etc ... our systems aren't quite used to all that fried food so early in the morning, especially before a golf game:)

Room Tip: Tower is newer from what I understand and it looked it to us. It had 21 floors with 3 elevators, so...
2  Thank Joanna213