Carolinian Beach Resort
Ranked #66 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I just returned home from my third stay at BW Plus Carolinian in MB. This hotel has never disappointed. Each time I've stayed, my room was located in the new oceanfront tower. The rooms are clean, modern, smoke-free, and comfortable. I would recommend this hotel to friends.

Room Tip: Select a room in the main oceanfront tower.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (2,368)

Reviewed 21 October 2013

The only slight problem was the carts starting rolling to early, making it hard to sleep in. I would recommend it as a great place to stay.
We were able to watch a run from our floor deck. The service was great. Hope we get to go back maybe next year.
we were well pleased as far as price.

Room Tip: We did visit the restaurant of call for room service.
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We highly recommend this hotel for anyone. Our suite was very clean and comfortable. The view from the 20th floor makes the trip worth it! We will be coming back to stay at the Best Western Carolinian.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

Had a great time,the staff were very friendly and helpful.we had a king suite,it had everything to make our stay very enjoyable,there was only 1 thing which I didn't like but my husband loved was that we were on the 15th floor and I don't like heights!! But the ocean view was fantastic! This hotel is located right on the beach! We shall return for sure!

Reviewed 20 October 2013

I requested early check in and although the room was not ready when I got there I understood. They told me they would call when the room was ready. I am still waiting for that phone call. When we did check in the room was very perfume smelling and I had to open the door to air the room out. Perfumes give me a headache. The hotel is very old and shows its age. I thought my key did not work however I was not told that you had push the handle up instead of down like normal door handles to open the door. We found that out by accident. The biggest thing tho was that the heat/air conditioning did not work. It was cool enough that it wasn't until I was ready for bed that I thought I would at least turn the fan on to circulate some air only to find that the wall thermostat was completely off. No way to turn on anything. It was completely blank. I did not call the desk because I was very tired after a long trip. I have stayed at Best Westerns in Key West, Jacksonville Beach and Lancaster Pa. within the past year and this is the worst experience I have had. In fact I had just left the one in Jacksonville Beach the night before and enjoyed my stay there. Was very glad to move out in the morning and on to Springhill Suites in Virginia Beach

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
OceanaResorts, General Manager at Carolinian Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. Your opinion is extremely valuable to us. We regret that your stay was not what you expected. Please know that the issues you mention have been addressed. We do hope you'll stay with us again in the near future, allowing us to provide you with a better experience.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

You cannot beat the value of this hotel. Great experience. I like the fact that you can just walk right out to the beach. I loved having a beach front room. It was a pleasure to enjoy the early day sitting and watching the sun rise. The hotel staff was very helpful and nice. I would could back because of the location to beach and the price value of the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 October 2013

This is our second time staying at this resort! The employees are extremely friendly. I would only recommend getting the suites. They are in the taller building that goes up to 21 floors. They are so roomy and CLEAN!!! There is no restaurant here but they recommend you going to Magnolias which I agree 100%! We love it there! The buffet for each meal is the way to go! Breakfast is the best in town! The staff there is also extremely friendly! It's just a walk across the street and down one block! There all all sorts of hotels on the strip but I could not find any that didn't have a negative write up so I decided to go back to where I knew it was clean and friendly staff!