“Best Spring Break”

Carolinian Beach Resort
Ranked #70 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We are always SATISFIED with the Best Western Carolinian. We love the friendly staff, the rooms are always clean. The rooms are stocked with pots/pans, washer/dryer, toaster, dishes, towels, sheets. (no need to bring lots of extra stuff). The pool area is the best on the strip. It is in walking distance to lots of places to eat, shopping. it is very close to Broadway at the Beach/ Mall/ Walmart.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Overall, this was a nice hotel. My family stayed for 4 days. The room was a nice size. There was a nice full kitchen that was well stocked. The housekeeping did a nice job of cleaning the room. The staff was very pleasant at the front desk.

Negatives: The mattress was very hard and uncomfortable. The hotel was renovating a room next door to mine and I had to listen to the construction until 8:30pm every night. It is hard at times to get in touch with the front desk staff. They rarely answer the phone.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Upon arrival they assist you in getting you check-in, then they notify you of all the accommodation of the hotel. The attractions nearby that you can use your oceana resort card and recieve discounts. The room service is friendly and thorough. The rooms were well stock and clean according to what was stated on the website features. Overall they have good service and rooms. Customer service is available to assist you at time.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We have stayed here before and were satisfied. The room was clean. There were no problems with check-in or check-out. A breakfast was provided that was not on our previous visit. no complaints that required notifying the front desk.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I booked and paid for a 3 bedroom suite. I got a a 2 bedroom suite! First the hotel manager said I was not due anything. After an hour of complaining I was told I could pay more money for another some where else in the hotel for my ailing grandmother. This was beyond unacceptable! And I never got a refund for my over charging. All the staff with the exception of maid services was beyond rude!

I was guaranteed a 3pm check in. I didn't get into my room until after 5pm. When I the bag boy was told that my room was not ready he threw all of my belongings off the rack! Including my WEDDING DRESS! When my room was ready the bay boy was no where in site and I had to carry everything my self!

I was never given my welcome package. Everyday I had to have my card fix because it was not working. They charged me $10 to get my meal ticket that I should have gotten in my welcome packet. I will never stay here again!

Room Tip: Anywhere else would be better!
2  Thank LisaH41914
OceanaResorts, Marketing Coordinator at Carolinian Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review the Best Western Plus Carolinian. We would like to apologize for not having your room ready at check in time. Our standard check in time is 4:00 and unfortunately, the room was not ready for you when it should have been. We are sorry for any miscommunication regarding the room type, but the room booked was a two bedroom suite and the amount charged was for a two bedroom suite. We are also sorry that the discounted room we offered for your other guests was not sufficient. Contrary to your review, we did not charge for a replacement breakfast ticket. Again, thank you for staying with us and we hope that you will give us another chance during your next stay in Myrtle Beach.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Brittany was a doll upon check in. I was happy with the unit overall but the sofa bed was very uncomfortable. The mattress could not have been thinner and you could feel every spring coil. My daughter had to place the throw pillows on the bar to make it tolerable. There were other minor issues such as the key not working several times and also issues with the safe not opening and having to call maintenance twice in 3 days. However, they came promptly and that made it much less frustrating. Housekeeping was great. No cleanliness issues to complain about. The breakfasts were only til 9;30 so that was difficult with having to get kids ready and out the door so early on vacation, so I opted to spend money on breakfasts. However, the view is gorgeous and it is what I loved about being there.

Room Tip: higher floors are much better to avoid noise
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Very nice accommodations at a reasonable rate. Personnel very helpful and willing to go the extra mile to keep you satisfied. Should note that we stayed in the high rise building, not the property next door, which does not compare favorably to the newer condo units

Room Tip: Stay in the high rise!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends