“Almost perfect”

Carolinian Beach Resort
Ranked #70 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 19 May 2014

My fiance and I came down to get some away time from life in general. Overall we were very pleased with everything at the hotel! We loved the room and the Housekeeping team was way beyond what we were expecting! Landon especially stuck out as an excellent employee! My fiance and I both work at Great Wolf Lodge, I at the front desk and him as an aquatic supervisor, so we have a certain standard that we are used to upholding ourselves that we look for when we travel. Landon was so nice and very professional and really exceeded our expectations! The only issues we had were the loss of hot water on Tuesday evening, which was remedied as fast as they could. Again, working in a hotel we understand this happens! We look forward to future stays here again soon! Hopefully by the end of the summer!

Room Tip: We stayed in the ocean view room, not a full front view of the ocean but we were tilted so we could...

Reviewed 19 May 2014

if your a smoker dont stay here, you cant even smoke on balcony and you have to park over a block away. The continental breakfast wasn't the best. the eggs tasted fake..Though the rooms are nice and roomy but for the price I could of stayed anywhere ..

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
OceanaResorts, Marketing Coordinator at Carolinian Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review the Best Western Plus Carolinian. Our property is entirely non-smoking, from the garage to the balconies, and we apologize if this was an inconvenience. We do appreciate your comments regarding your stay and we hope that you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

We loved our stay! The staff was very friendly and eager to help, when needed. Beautiful rooms with great views and the most important very, very, very Clean and comfy!! Thank You so much for making our stay fabulous!!

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Spent this weekend in the carolinaian in myrtle beach s.c. Great hotel, and very friendly people. The two bedroom condo we had was on the 17th floor of the tower and a wonderful experience. Both bedrooms had ocean front, as well as the living room, and a side view in the dineing room. A wonderful young man, Elijah Gamble met us at the door, and took all our luggage up to the condo, and went the extra mile and really made us feel like he was glad we were there. I saw him on Saturday, and he again spoke to me and asked how we liked the 17th floor, so he remembered. Than Sunday when we were ready to check out, we called and requested him and again he took wonderful care of us. I reccommend this hotel to all travelors. Only problem we had was it was biker weekend, and the noise level in the whole city was extremem.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Everything was just perfect. I will be staying there again soon. The breakfast was very good. I love everything about the hoteli am planning another trip soon I will be staying at the best western where ever I go

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Having stayed here for 6 years in a row it's not surprising that again I give them 5 stars! I have only stayed in the newer tower so I can only review that part of the resort. They are making changes, now a breakfast is now offered but having a kitchen in my room I only visited a few times. New lounge chairs by the pool and on all the outdoor decks. Not much has changed inside the rooms since my visit last year, same furniture and stuff. The biggest difference that I'm sure any repeat customers will notice is the price increase form last year. The change from Oceana to Wyndam has somehow justified this but I just don't see it ! A small increase is to be expected each year but not almost double from last year. I was able to get a small discount to keep me happy but still it cost much more. Wyndam has to understand Myrtle Beach has always been a affordable place to visit and that's what keeps the tourist coming back year after year like myself. It's Myrtle Beach not Maui ..Aside from all this I had a great time and YES I plan to be back for the 7th time next year as long as I can continue to afford it. This is a great location and very clean resort that I would hate to leave.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Recently stayed here for the first time and on the whole I'd say it was very nice. I wanted an ocean front room and got it. We had a great view of the ocean and the beds were comfortable as well. Breakfast was okay once we found where it was in the Tower. On the not so good side - there are no luggage carts, parking which they'll tell you is "across the street and up the alley" was actually across Ocean Blvd, up the alley and then across another street. The air conditioner in room 808 is extremely loud and actually woke me up several times during the night. One of the two elevators was broken for two days having gotten stuck with someone in it. There were two clerks upon check in and we waited in line and when we were next one of the clerks let two guest jump in line and then she decided she had to go to the bathroom so we were left waiting. Check out was lots better. The hotel must be doing some renovating because when we left our room at 8am to check out there were workmen out there pulling up the carpet. Hopefully other people staying on that floor were notified of possible noise that early in the morning. Also had a slight issue with the water in the shower cutting off for no reason.