“Worse hotel ever”

Ranked #52 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Astoria, New York
“Worse hotel ever”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Do not stay at this hotel. On top of the staff not being so friendly, I ended up in a room where at midnight, I was exhausted and went to get in bed and the bed had bugs on it. The night security guy Rob who was nice, came up, saw the bugs, took pictures and the front desk had me move to another room. By now I was very creeped out with this hotel, so in the morning, I called the people with whom I made the reservation and told them I wanted out of this nasty hotel. They moved me right away to another hotel which was a glory compared to this one. The pool does not even have a poolside bar, it's dirty, the staff is unfriendly and no one was even willing to help me move. I had to pay a cab to move and lost out on a day of my trip due to this nasty hotel and having to unpack, repack, unpack, and repack and unpack again . Do not stay there. The free breakfast is like a welfare cheese line. It took forever to get a 1/2 cup of coffee because they kept running out of it. The worse hotel ever.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (595)
Harrisburg, North Carolina
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We stayed on the 18th floor and had the BEST service from Maureen. She was so friendly greeting us with a smile and kind words each day. she went out of her way to make sure our stay was enjoyable. The view was beautiful, our 2 bedroom condo was nice, very clean and a great place for the week. We didn't spend a lot of time at the pool mainly on the beach. My teenagers walked down to broadway and Starbucks and enjoyed sunbathing on the pool deck near the ocean.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Pineville, Kentucky
Reviewed 23 August 2014

One of the hotel employees was so rude when I was trying to check in. I had booked a 3 nights' stay, but she told me hatefully that I had only booked two nights. When I told her I had booked 3 nights, she told me I did not and continued to argue that I had only booked 2 nights. She finally figured out that I had indeed booked my room for 3 nights, instead of 2. Still, she did not want to admit she was wrong. I told her that I was paying cash for 2 nights and had booked one of the nights using Best Western rewards that my nephew had given me. She again told me that I did not book one of the nights using rewards, that I could not do that, and she would not accept it. My nephew had to call Best Western rewards and have the voucher faxed to prove that we had booked one of the nights using rewards. Four different times he had the voucher faxed, but it mysteriously disappeared each time. That night the Best Western points office clerk faxed it again and had another clerk call to verify she had received it. This time I kept a copy of it, which was a good thing, because the voucher had disappeared again by the next day. However, since I had kept a copy, they finally had to allow me to use the rewards to pay for the last night. Yet, they made me check out of my original room before 11 and wait until nearly 4 to go to my other room, which was terrible. After spending my entire vacation trying to straighten up this mess with less than cooperative hotel employees, I would recommend no one choose this hotel for their stay in Myrtle Beach. -Phyllis

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Phyllis M
Troy, New York
Reviewed 23 August 2014

We had a Lovely suite with a full kitchen and a large setting area with a couch and chairs and a coffee table. And our own Washer & Dryer. The room had a beautiful view of the ocean the balcony gave us good view of the ocean as well as a good street view. Our stay was quite enjoyable.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Firstly, I would like to say we stayed in a suite with two double beds. We had friends that did not stay in a suite and thought it was awful. Other than that, right on the beach, two pools and a lazy river. Don't get too excited about the lazy river, just tubes in a pool pretty much. Still really fun though. Reallly enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Suites are MUCH better, pretty much the only ones you could stay in. "normal" rooms, you h...
Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Rockford, Michigan
Reviewed 22 August 2014

We stayed at this property 8-16 to 8-19. This was our first visit to Myrtle Beach. We were on the sixth floor, overlooking the Atlantic, absolutely perfect for that. The walk to the beach is easy and basically right out the door. The beach is staffed with a lifeguard. There is also a 35$ a day charge for a sun umbrella and chairs. We did not do this. The front desk has complimentary towels available for guests. There is a lazy river, a hot tub and two other pools on the property. Check in and checkout was smooth and quick. All the staff was very pleasant. Our room was a one bedroom efficiency. The kitchen had a three burner electric stove, a frig, a full size microwave and the cupboards were stocked with place settings for four, glasses, silverware, utensils. You literally would not have to leave your room to eat if you didn't want to. The room was clean, it was decorated appropriately. The bathroom was a bit small but certainly adequate.. It was very quiet at night for sleeping. Some parts of the hotel seem a bit worn , but this did not affect our time there. My only complaint would be the breakfast area. This is on the second floor of the tower building. There was always a long line to get the food and the space is crowded. We even talked to a few couples who went elsewhere to eat because they were tired of waiting in line. I like the location of the hotel. It is about a mile to the boardwalk area, which is a very busy , noisy part of Myrtle Beach. We liked that this hotel is located on the other end of Ocean Blvd where it is quieter. We did get two free passes for mini golf with our stay and a five dollar off certificate for dinner at a nearby restaurant, which we did use both of these. We enjoyed sitting on the balcony everyday, even as hot as it was outside! I think the best part of this Best Western is the location. If you want to be on the ocean, it is perfect.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Location of hotel on the strip is a plus. Free parking and WiFi another plus. Continental breakfast okay. Easy access to beach,friendly staff and clean hotel provided for a wonderful stay. Provided a late checkout upon request. Much appreciated.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple