“Fabulous, accommodation, weather all great.”

Carolinian Beach Resort
Ranked #71 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 5 September 2009

Had an efficiency with two beds. Very nice but the kitchen was a little small. No counter space. Would certainly make a return visit but would get a one bedroom apartment. We took a look at one while we were there and it was really nice. We intend returning at least once next year, probably twice.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Carolinian Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2009

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am happy to read that the staff was friendly and showed you a room before you decided to stay. I am glad that you found the beach to be convenient to the resort. I hope that you will come back and stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 3 September 2009

We had not made reservations in advance but walked in and found the reception to be very friendly. They eagerly showed us the room before we booked our 2 night stay. The room was clean and beds were comfortable. We had an oceanview room and were very pleased. The hotel provided coffee and tea all day. It is a bit of a walk from the nightlife on Ocean Blvd. but the beach is convenient and nice. Hotel is good value for the money. We were in Myrtle Beach in August and it was very busy. The outlet malls are great if you like shopping but were very busy because of back to school sales. We went to several restaurants for dinner and the least wait time was 90 minutes.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Carolinian Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2009

Reviewed 2 September 2009

Just the location that we were looking for, away from the big crowds but walking distance to shopping and restaurants. We asked a room change after our first night the sofabed had a spring issue. To our supprise (since it was the peak of the season) the manager was very helpful and upgraded us to a different room. The Suite was updated, clean, shower water pressure was good and kitchen had its own cooking utensils. Hotel staff was very friendly, public areas were also clean. Internet connection was approximately 1.5Mbps down and 400Kbps up adequate for emails and browsing the web.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Carolinian Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2009

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad that you found the location was just what you were looking for. I am sorry that the sofa bed was uncomfortable due to the springs but I am glad that the manager was able to upgrade you to something that was more comfortable. I am happy that you found the suite to be updated and clean. I hope that you will come back and stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 31 August 2009

alll gooood thanks, nice location easy access to beach
close to the restaurant's and shoping

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple

Thank you for writing a review. I am glad that you found everything to be good and that you enjoying being so close to the restaurants and shopping. I hope that you will come back and stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 26 August 2009

Perfect - nothing I would change. The service from all staff was really really great. The room, the view, the pools, the location; everything was just perfect. I will be going back as soon as I can.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Carolinian Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2009

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased to read that you found the resort to be perfect from the location to the staff. I hope that you will come back and stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 24 August 2009

This is the worst hotel we have ever stay in. I went there with my family and the room was not worth the price we paid. they gave us a room next to the ice machine and the laundry room. The carpet in the room was so nasty, my 9 month old baby couldn't crawl. The pools were really dirty and the guests staying at this place... low low class. This should be a 1 star hotel if that. Do not stay there!!!!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Carolinian Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2009

Thank you for writing a review. I would like to apologize since you were given a room that was next to the laundry and ice machine and that the carpets were dirty. I do know that we are in the process of getting all the carpets clean in the resort and I hope that you informed the front desk of your dislike of the room and that they were able to relocate you to something else that suited your needs. I hope that you will give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed 23 August 2009

I have been visiting the Grand Strand for over 25 years, and My stay at the Best Western Carolinian Beach Resort was by far my most satisfying !!
The service was second to none...EVERYONE there always greeted you with a smile, was positive, and eager to ensure you were satisfied.
The room was spotless, and so warm and inviting, coming back to the room was a GREAT way to end a long, fun filled day !!
The location was perfect, close to many of my favorite restaurants, and ( of course ) right on the ocean !! Being within walking distance of the center of Myrtle allowed for pleasurable walks in the evening.
The most enjoyable experience of my stay at the Best Western Carolinian resort was by far, the wonderful staff. Always seeing a smiling face makes your stay that much more enjoyable !!
I would have to say, I really can't think of anything negative to say, period !! O.K., maybe the fact that the pools were really crowded, but that's to be expected, when you stay at such a WONDERFUL establishment !!
My compliments to the management and staff, for your excellent service, your wonderful Hotel is now my first choice when I plan my beach trips ( and I DO tend to visit rather frequently !! )

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Carolinian Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2009

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased to read that you found the resort to be the most satisfying and that the service was second to none. I am glad that the staff was always positive and eager to help and that you enjoyed the location of the resort since it is located near many of your favorite things to do. I hope that you will come back and stay with us again soon.