“The most cordial and helpful staff ever”

Carolinian Beach Resort
Ranked #48 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
USA
“The most cordial and helpful staff ever”
Reviewed 8 September 2010

Spent the labor day weekend at Best Western and had the best time ever. The staff was always courteous and helpful no matter how busy they were. The rooms were clean spacious and comfortable just like home. We are looking forward to our next vacation at Myrtle Beach and will without a doubt stay at Best Western Carolinian, We did utilize the kitchen and were happy it was furnished enough to make a home cooked meal, also the washer and dryer were a blessing as we did not have to bring home a suitcase full of dirty laundry. Special thanks to Mike and Darren for the help with our luggage as well as the housekeeping staff for checking on our daily needs.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Carolinian Beach Resort, responded to this review, 29 October 2010
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am glad that you had the best time very while staying with us. I am happy to read that the staff was able to help you when ever you needed anything. I will pass on your kind words about Mike and Darren to their boss so they can be recognized for a job well done. I hope that you will come back and stay with us the next time you visit the Grand Strand.

Autumm Fenstermacher

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (595)
new kensington
Reviewed 7 September 2010

We had an issue with our refrigerator and they had sent up an engineer named Mike who was very knowlegable and trouble shot the problem. Cleaned the unit but still had problems so he brought up another one. By chance I met Ed the Chief Engineer the next day and told him about our issues which they where more than the night before. He was true to his word. He had talked to Jen Faro the manager and they gave us a beautiful room. I met Jen and she was AWESOME!!! This was the start of our vacation and Ed and Jen made a dream vacation come true. Being an Engineer myself I can Appreciate what they had done for us. I will and I do recommend this Hotel. Thank You From Pittsburgh, Pa.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am happy to read that our staff was able to take care of the problems that you encountered with your room and when that didn’t work they were able to get you into a beautiful room that didn’t have any issues. I will make sure that their boss knows what they did for you and that they are recognized for a job well done. I hope that you will come back and stay with us again soon.

Hudson, Canada
Reviewed 6 September 2010

The only thing good about this hotel is the location. My husband and I stay in room 707 for 1 week. The room had a musty smell and the mattress should have been changed, it was very lumpy, overstuffed pillow that were very uncomfortable. Now for the bathroom, the bathtub tap leaked constantly and about the 3rd day there I noticed the shower curtain was full of mold (which they changed right away) everything in the room is very old and should be replaced. With so many other hotels to choose from I would never make the same mistake twice

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Thank you for writing a review. I would like to apologize to you for the condition that your room was in. I hope that you brought this to the attention of the front desk staff so that they were able to rectify some of the issues that you encountered.

Lorain, Ohio
Reviewed 5 September 2010

We had a problem when we checked in and the ladies at the front desk, Shellene and Anne, made it simple to correct and went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable. We went on to enjoy our week at the hotel and on the beach.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am glad that when you ran into a problem while checking in the lady at the front desk were able to correct the issue and make your stay enjoyable. I hope that you will come back and stay with us the next time you visit the Grand Strand.

Madison, New Jersey
Reviewed 1 September 2010

Excellent location right on the beach. Clean rooms, friendly staff. Cheap vallet parking was a plus. Only knock would be no on site restaurant, otherwise a great place to stay.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased to read that you found our room to be clean and that the staff was friendly. I hope that you will come back and stay with us again soon.

Holly Springs, North Carolina
Reviewed 24 August 2010

The BW Carolinian is an awesome facility with an awesome staff and great accommodations. Everyone was personable, friendly, and willing to "bend over backwards" to accommodate the needs of its guests. The facility (suites/rooms, etc.) was exceptionally clean and bedding was very clean and comfortable. I plan to stay here in future visits to Myrtle Beach, SC. I will definitely recommend this facility to family and friends!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Carolinian Beach Resort, responded to this review, 14 October 2010
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am glad that you found our staff to be awesome and that the accommodations to be great. I am happy that you found the bedding to be comfortable and that you room was exceptionally clean. I hope that you are planning on coming back and staying with us again soon.

Minnesota
Reviewed 22 August 2010

My husband, 1 year old, and I visited this hotel over the weekend. We chose it based on the reviews from this site as well as the price. We're both pretty easy going and only expected a relatively clean place to sleep and not much else from the hotel.
Cleanliness - It was okay. We stayed in the older section of the hotel and you could tell it was a bit older as the tiles in the bathroom were uneven, grout was discolored, stains were on the bed skirts, etc. The public areas in the hotel seemed clean though we didn't spend much time in them.
Location - Amazing! It was right on the beach.
Rooms - We had a handicap room though we didn't request it. It was large enough for the three of us including a small travel crib. We enjoyed the balcony as our daughter goes to bed quite early. Our balcony overlooked the pool area which was extremely noisy but that is to be expected.
Service - Everyone at the hotel was very friendly and helpful.
Value - Good.
Sleep Quality - Good.

Minor complaints which 1. did not negatively affect our trip enough to warrant a complaint to management and 2. would not prevent us from returning to this hotel.
1. The remote control did not work.
2. People were lighting off fire crackers in the parking lot by the pool - I don't think this should be allowed.
3. Our room was not cleaned until after 3:00 p.m. on Saturday.
4. There were very few tubes to use in the lazy river, many were deflated.
5. Shower pressure was extremely high - we didn't put our daughter in the shower as it would have been painful.
6. The bath tub drain was very slow.

Overall, it was a good stay. We didn't have high expectations and this hotel met them by providing us with a clean and comfortable place to sleep.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am happy to read that you seemed to enjoy you stay with us and that you liked the location of the resort. I am sorry that the housekeeping staff didn’t get your room cleaned until late one day. I hope that you will stay with us the next time you take a vacation.