“quick trip”
Review of The Mermaid Inn

The Mermaid Inn
Ranked #75 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I live in myrtle beach but wanted to take a "mini vaca" just to get away from reality with my boyfriend for a couple of nights. It was exactly what we both needed. The front desk staff was very friendly. Anything I needed seemed like an easy request. (even if I could of drove home to get it) The room was clean and smelled nice which is important for me. The next time family and friends are in town, I would send them to this hotel without hesitation.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

I hadn't been to Myrtle Beach in years, but I believe I have found my family's new vacation destination. I obviously had quite a few questions regarding what to do in the area and where to eat, etc.The staff was extremely attentive (and patient) and was very knowledgeable about the area. Since we've been back home, I have been recommending this hotel to our friends who vacation in Myrtle frequently, as well as the restaurants we tried at the hotel's suggestion. I can't wait to go back next summer!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank ErinKPA
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Had a great vacation at The Mermaid Inn. The place was very clean. The location was awesome and staff was very helpful. Aaron Hardee made our trip very easy to plan and we will definitely be returning!! Our entire group was impressed by the value and experience!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 3 September 2013

First let me start off by saying The staff at the Mermaid inn was very helpful. we checked in on Friday night and Aaron and Luke were the most friendliness people we encountered in Myrtle Beach so far that afternoon. Now we were hesitant a little bit at first because we knew this was the old a Cherry Tree Inn and a few of the reviews made it seem like people were having a bad day. However upon arrival all of our doubts were washed away and greeted with a smile and a gesture of good will wanting to help out people in need who did not book or prepare to go to Myrtle Beach on Labor Day weekend. Luke gave us a great rate and Aaron was most helpful in directing us to local shops and resturants. The facility was excellent and great view of the ocean and pool area. for being recently updated this place is somewhere we will continue to return year after year. We love The Mermaid Inn

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 September 2013

We found the staff were helpful and friendly. The room was clean, and well furnished. We would
Definitely come again. There is a quantity of very good restaurants in the nearby area. The beach is only footsteps away. The parking is accessible and quite close to each unit.

Room Tip: Always ask to see the room before registering.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Pros: Nice sized room with nice king sized bed. Could see ocean from table. Microwave and small fridge. VERY nice desk clerk. Price. Sofa pulls out too, perfect for kids. If you are on a budget you could make this work fine and it is right on the beach. Play area, BBQ grill. If a hotplate is allowed you could save some money. I would say it was a good value.

Cons: No stove though it does have a sink. The door needed repair and we accidently left it unlocked all night. Guess under pro I should list we were undisturbed with unlocked door, lol! There was urine all over the toilet seat when we checked in. I know front desk would have had that cleaned right away but I just cleaned it myself. You have to run straight hot water for 15 min before you can get a shower. Don't use cold.

2  Thank Jeannie B
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I had read about The Mermaid Inn on Tripadvisor. I was not disappointed at all! The location is excellent. It is in a quiet area, but close to all restaurants and attractions. The rooms are attractively updated with nice furnishings. The beds are very comfortable. It is just steps to the beach. I highly recommend The Mermaid Inn and would plan to stay again when visiting the area.

Room Tip: Rooms on the end closest to the beach have additional windows for a nice ocean view.