“Great stay”

Ranked #70 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

The location is great, walked right over to the beach and parked next to it. The place is immaculate, looks like it was just built. The front desk told me that they had just gutted the old place and started from scratch. You can tell. Friendly people, very clean, great location.

Some of the parking access is behind a gate so you have to have a room key to park there, and that means you don't have other people taking up the spots near the beach.

Room Tip: None of the rooms have a far walk to the beach, some are closer than others.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Scott Y

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Clemson, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

This is a fantastic little hotel with some of the nicest staff I have encountered in Myrtle Beach. Richard was great and was quick to recommend me some amazing restaurants. I had a nice view of the ocean which was literally right outside the door. The location is great, not quite central Myrtle Beach but close enough to where you are only a short drive from all the action. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Talk to Richard!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Michael K
New Hampshire, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

My son and I recently worked our way down the eastern seaboard staying in $70 hotels in nice locations. The Mermaid Inn was by far the sweetest deal -- right on the beach, view of the ocean, clean exterior and brand-new (or so it seemed) interior.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank JeffNewHampshire_USA
Pittsburgh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

I was very impressed with the knowledge and professionalism of the front desk staff when I inquired about a room recently. Richard was particularly helpful. He was warm and welcoming, and willing to help me in any possible way. I congratulate you on hiring such a professional staff, and wish you good luck with your new venture. The rooms are beautful, and the location is the best on the beach - beautiful pool facilities - directly on the ocean - in a residential, safe neighborhood, but only two blocks from the main commercial avenue. Convenient to everything.

Room Tip: All rooms are convenient to pool and ocean.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank georgeandobbie
fort brag
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

I live in myrtle beach but wanted to take a "mini vaca" just to get away from reality with my boyfriend for a couple of nights. It was exactly what we both needed. The front desk staff was very friendly. Anything I needed seemed like an easy request. (even if I could of drove home to get it) The room was clean and smelled nice which is important for me. The next time family and friends are in town, I would send them to this hotel without hesitation.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

I hadn't been to Myrtle Beach in years, but I believe I have found my family's new vacation destination. I obviously had quite a few questions regarding what to do in the area and where to eat, etc.The staff was extremely attentive (and patient) and was very knowledgeable about the area. Since we've been back home, I have been recommending this hotel to our friends who vacation in Myrtle frequently, as well as the restaurants we tried at the hotel's suggestion. I can't wait to go back next summer!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank ErinKPA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

Had a great vacation at The Mermaid Inn. The place was very clean. The location was awesome and staff was very helpful. Aaron Hardee made our trip very easy to plan and we will definitely be returning!! Our entire group was impressed by the value and experience!

• Stayed August 2013