The Mermaid Inn
Dunes Village Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$134
Dayton House Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$73
Coral Beach Resort & Suites(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$96
Long Bay Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$69
US$52
Paradise Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$78
Beach Colony Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$99
Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$90
  • Pool
Carolinian Beach Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$171
US$81
The Breakers Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$205
US$177
All reviewsmini fridge and microwaveno elevatorcomfortable roomolder hotelocean frontlocation was perfectcoffee makerwe've stayedoff seasonspring breaktileratesmirrormyrtleprosbroadwayboardwalk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Checked in... room dirty- beds not made, trash still there. 2nd room, trudge
doesn't get cold, shower curtain mildewed. No phone book to find addresses of places we want to go. We have been here about 2 hours. Never will we be here again.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank debygaddy
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Spent a week here for spring break in April of 2014. This is the cleanest motel I have ever stayed in. The service was friendly enough and the rooms looked newly renovated. Excellent place to stay with a good location.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
EQUINN41097, General Manager at The Mermaid Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Thank you for the positve feedback. On behalf of my team and myself we want to thank you for choosing the Mermaid Inn for your accommodation needs. Look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Myrtle Beach.

Ed Quinn
General Manger

Reviewed 14 April 2014

I will never, ever stay here no matter how many times they change the name of the hotel. I booked a room and made a $55 REFUNDABLE deposit. I had to cancel my reservation approximately 35 to 40 days BEFORE our reservation date. I spoke to two front desk employees and the NEW owner and NEVER did I get my deposit back. I stayed here under the old ownership about 2 or 3 times and never had any problems. I was told by the NEW owner that I would get my refund back and never did. Then when they closed for renovations, none of the telephone numbers worked and even though I was told again by the front desk that the owner was going to call me back (before the phones went off) he never called me. Good luck if you need to cancel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank cheerjudgenc
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We needed a place to stay for a night, pet friendly to be able to bring our puppy. The reviews lead us to book here.

It's painted and renovated but still remains a motel. Tile floors are a great idea both for beach location, and considering that they are pet friendly. Furnishings are plain but clean.

No hot water while we were there. Too late to fix it in the morning, but also not a lot of apology.

No 24 hour front desk, at least off season. Be aware, check in early.

Location is great.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DHNC
Reviewed 12 April 2014

I stayed at the mermaid inn this past weekend. My brother accidentally broke the window of the hotel room. The owner of the hotel then proceeded to harass me over a broken window. He even threatened to call the cops if I did not cooperate. The owner proceeded to step up close to me like he physically was going to touch me. I would not recommend such an immature staff to handle a situation. I literally was in the bathroom when my brother and his friend were wrestling and accidentally broke a window.

• Stayed: April 2014
4  Thank Ap2235
Donald B, Owner at The Mermaid Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

First of all NO ONE accidentally brakes a 48"X48" hotel window. But someone of the five people in your room did. When you checked in you told us you had only two in your party which was a lie. Then when you were approached about braking the window by myself and my manager you got belligerent and had to be pulled back by your friends. We are very careful to provide a safe and quiet environment for our guests, Your actions were contrary to this. So we had to control you and the situation. You cannot expect to check in to a hotel and damage the hotels property !