“Family weekend trip”

Ranked #10 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Midland, North Carolina, United States
“Family weekend trip”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

My family and I enjoyed our stay at this resort. Front desk staff was nice and efficient. Our room was clean and updated. We would definately stay here again. Bartender by the beach was very pleasant.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Marsha R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (697)
Canastota, New York
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Just returned from our 1st trip to myrtle beach. 4/26/14 - 5/3/14. We were very pleased with hotel, i read a couple of reviews saying hotel was dirty. i don't know where the stood, this hotel was spotless they were constantly cleaning,the bathrooms off of lobby and indoor pool were amazingly clean. My wife noticed a hotel employee checking the tops of picture frames to make sure they were clean.room was cleaned daily with fresh towels even cleaned the kitchen area. The full kitchen was nice, Food in ocean 6 bar and grill was very good and prices were good. Breakfast buffet was excellent. Indoor pool was nice but there are alot of outdoor pool options and ocean only 15 yard from hotel. They have what they call a splash pass card that's your room key ,use to get into indoor pool and other secure area's and use to charge no cash taken at resort, nice feature. chairs and umbrellas on beach are paid with cash to lifeguard,nothing to do with hotel ($20.00 for 2 chairs ,$35.00 for 2 chairs and umbrella).Only negative if it is one is skywheel and heart of boardwalk area 1.6 mile walk each way. We enjoyed the walk.Planning to go back next year with our grandson and will be staying here. Very nice resort and clean

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank csgroi110
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I am very hesitant to write such a bad review as Im very optimistic but this one deserves it. First, the pros. It was on the beach, my room was clean, and the common areas looked like they were updated and in nice shape. In fact, the restaurant/bar and gift shop and fitness center were all very nice! Thats where my 2 stars comes from here. Now, the bad. My room was just "average". It was clean, but the choice of bedding and carpet and curtains was very distasteful. How hard is it to pick some attractive bedding and curtains and carpet? Someone here needs to go to style school! When walking around the hotel you can tell this is an older hotel, very old hotel. This bothers me tremendously. Why stay at an aged hotel when for the same price you can have a pretty new one with tasteful decor? The worst part of the stay however was the customer service! I walked in and I told the guy behind the counter I needed a room and so he quoted me certain rate. I said is that the cheapest you have? Im traveling alone so a basic room is all I need. He said yes, thats the cheapest. He seemed like he did not want to be there, which made me not want to be there! Who hires these kinds of people? Well anyways, I whipped out my phone and said how about this room....its $10 cheaper and the website says its available. So, he looked in the computer and ate his words! Hes like yeah I can give you that one also. Unbelievable!!! So he told me to come back in a few hours because my room was not ready...it was about noon so that was expected. I came back at 330 and stood at the front desk....there was a gentleman on the phone with a customer and also a lady on the phone...who was clearly having a conversation with a friend! She was totally ignoring me.....finally, she held her index finger up and gave me the...be with you in a moment look....I listened to her conversation...and it went something like this....ok yeah so can you call me back at like 10 o clock? Seriously? Personal phone calls while a customer is and has been waiting? Well, eventually the manager came in from the back and gave me my room key and I checked in. This would NEVER happen at a nice hotel. I will NEVER be back and never will I recommend this hotel. There are just too many hotels in town that will give you good customer service for this price (just look for deals, they are out there!). So much for southern hospitality!

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank VinVanderbilt
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed 5 May 2014

checked in late on a Saturday night and got the last room... top floor room 1220. STAY AWAY from this resort!!! the room had 2 queen beds and a kitchen straight from 1980, with stains and crud everywhere!!! everything felt damp and there was a horrible damp smell everywhere!!! My husband and I and 4 year old all slept in our clothes on top of the sheets, and my pillow had a yellow stain on the actual pillow itself...NASTY!!!! Railing on balcony was wobbly, like a total safety concern!!! The wait for the elevator was unreal and the pool areas smelled like bad breath!!!! YUCK!!! WILL NOT BE BACK HERE.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank Laura M
Angier, North Carolina
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I had a long review written, and for some reason, it was not posted. Here we go again. Check in was easy, parking was also easy. Staff was very friendly. Room was absolutely filthy. I felt bad for my kids filthy. toe nail clippings on floor, food stuck to the dishes in kitchen, hair in tub, broken plate pieces on floor. Bed sheets seemed used. This is a place in serious need of renovation - which they are doing slowly. unruly kids running amuck in the pools made it uncomfortable for me to take my baby and 4 year old as they were relentlessly trampled. Had to call front desk at 9pm of day two as we had still yet to receive anyone coming to our room to clean. By day three, we left. 3 days, no one ever came to clean. Views are great, amenities were good but we did not use many of them. Overall, average for the strip, sub par for anything else, especially health considerations.

Room Tip: go to a different hotel that actually cleans the rooms. if you must stay here, well... our room was...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank BF F
Cascade, Virginia
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

With it being the off season and during the week one would think a king room shouldn't be but maybe 90 bucks oceanfront but here it was 115 after taxes and junk. They didn't require a deposit which was awesome. Room was really nice and private with a complimentary upgrade to a 2 room King for free since they had already told me there was one available. Place was nice just wished it was a little cheaper. Had sundecks and a little water park as well as arcade with pool tables and bowling and also a convenience store with great deals. Overall a 8.

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Dustin G
Evington, VA
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We stayed here in November 2013. We stayed 3 nights and had a breakfast and bowling for 2 days of the stay. Our room was great. We had a king size bed in the room facing the hallway and a small kitchen. The living room was really nice with a Murphy bed and an oceanfront view. We loved the breakfast on the 2 mornings. The bowling was very nice. There is a bar there and loved the fact that I could drink and only have to ride the elevator back to my room. There were 3 indoor hot tubs and a pool, all were great. Great hotel worth the price.

Room Tip: Get a suite. If you love to have a kitchen. We stayed on the 9th floor. If you are traveling with ch...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple