“Fantastic location. Run down property. Great service.”

Coral Beach Resort & Suites
Ranked #12 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
“Fantastic location. Run down property. Great service.”
Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

We planned our trip on a short notice and found this resort after researching lots of reviews. It was nice. No great, not terrible, just nice. Lots of pools, and tons of rooms. We stayed in a king 2 room suite with an ocean front view for an amazing price for 4 nights over springbreak. For the price, I cannot complain. Rooms were fairly clean, carpets were dirty in the corners of the rooms and paint was peeling everywhere in our room. Our first impression was a bit disappointing. Kitchen was equipped to get basic service. We had dish soap, plenty of towels and toiletries. The pools were nice and big, and the kids loved the indoor play area right next to the indoor pool. The staff was very friendly at each interaction and seemed genuine and helpful. However this location is very run down, one of the elevators was missing the entire ceiling due to what looked like water damage.
With all the different places to stay in Myrtle Beach, I would probably not choose this again. It was
an ok stay, nothing spectacular. Also, the fitness room closes early..well early for a beach vacation!

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank kingd4066

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (691)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

It was very rainy for our stay but we enjoyed sitting on our balcony watching the ocean. The views are great. The room was a little outdated but nice and big. Very easy access to get from your room to the pool and beach. The pool bartender was great, housekeepers very friendly but the front desk staff could be a little more friendly and helpful.

• Stayed April 2014
new york
Reviewed 7 May 2014

The front desk was very nice and courteous. The hotel was nice and clean. We enjoyed the pool and lazy river. The beach was beautiful. I loved having the Ocean Front room it was great. It was also very convenient to everything.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Mount Airy, North Carolina
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Loved Coral Beach Resort... If you have kids its a great Hotel to stay at ,you could just stay at the hotel and be entertained all day. No need to leave , between the heated indoor pool or one of the outdoor pools , hot tubs, lazy river, game room and bowling or just the Beach enough to keep you busy all day. Rooms were nice also. Had a great time.

Room Tip: We stayed 5 nights so we wanted a kitchen, it had full size fridge, stove / oven microwave sm coffee...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Midland, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 5 May 2014

My family and I enjoyed our stay at this resort. Front desk staff was nice and efficient. Our room was clean and updated. We would definately stay here again. Bartender by the beach was very pleasant.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Marsha R
Canastota, New York
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Just returned from our 1st trip to myrtle beach. 4/26/14 - 5/3/14. We were very pleased with hotel, i read a couple of reviews saying hotel was dirty. i don't know where the stood, this hotel was spotless they were constantly cleaning,the bathrooms off of lobby and indoor pool were amazingly clean. My wife noticed a hotel employee checking the tops of picture frames to make sure they were clean.room was cleaned daily with fresh towels even cleaned the kitchen area. The full kitchen was nice, Food in ocean 6 bar and grill was very good and prices were good. Breakfast buffet was excellent. Indoor pool was nice but there are alot of outdoor pool options and ocean only 15 yard from hotel. They have what they call a splash pass card that's your room key ,use to get into indoor pool and other secure area's and use to charge no cash taken at resort, nice feature. chairs and umbrellas on beach are paid with cash to lifeguard,nothing to do with hotel ($20.00 for 2 chairs ,$35.00 for 2 chairs and umbrella).Only negative if it is one is skywheel and heart of boardwalk area 1.6 mile walk each way. We enjoyed the walk.Planning to go back next year with our grandson and will be staying here. Very nice resort and clean

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank csgroi110
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I am very hesitant to write such a bad review as Im very optimistic but this one deserves it. First, the pros. It was on the beach, my room was clean, and the common areas looked like they were updated and in nice shape. In fact, the restaurant/bar and gift shop and fitness center were all very nice! Thats where my 2 stars comes from here. Now, the bad. My room was just "average". It was clean, but the choice of bedding and carpet and curtains was very distasteful. How hard is it to pick some attractive bedding and curtains and carpet? Someone here needs to go to style school! When walking around the hotel you can tell this is an older hotel, very old hotel. This bothers me tremendously. Why stay at an aged hotel when for the same price you can have a pretty new one with tasteful decor? The worst part of the stay however was the customer service! I walked in and I told the guy behind the counter I needed a room and so he quoted me certain rate. I said is that the cheapest you have? Im traveling alone so a basic room is all I need. He said yes, thats the cheapest. He seemed like he did not want to be there, which made me not want to be there! Who hires these kinds of people? Well anyways, I whipped out my phone and said how about this room....its $10 cheaper and the website says its available. So, he looked in the computer and ate his words! Hes like yeah I can give you that one also. Unbelievable!!! So he told me to come back in a few hours because my room was not ready...it was about noon so that was expected. I came back at 330 and stood at the front desk....there was a gentleman on the phone with a customer and also a lady on the phone...who was clearly having a conversation with a friend! She was totally ignoring me.....finally, she held her index finger up and gave me the...be with you in a moment look....I listened to her conversation...and it went something like this....ok yeah so can you call me back at like 10 o clock? Seriously? Personal phone calls while a customer is and has been waiting? Well, eventually the manager came in from the back and gave me my room key and I checked in. This would NEVER happen at a nice hotel. I will NEVER be back and never will I recommend this hotel. There are just too many hotels in town that will give you good customer service for this price (just look for deals, they are out there!). So much for southern hospitality!

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo