My wife and I stayed here to extend her family vacation, but with just the two of us before heading home. It was great, we arrived super early like 1030am and of course we couldn't check in but we were able to get garage pass to park the car and could use resort amenities while waiting.
So after 4+ hours of relaxing sun by the pool we were able to get checked in. Note they have food and drinks to buy around the pool. Sandwiches, burgers and such also. The room we had was a king size oceanfront on the 8th floor. It had a mini kitchen and separate living room with a Murphy bed. The balcony was nice too.
The room was great, the bed was a bit hard but OK, the shower was nice with a special showerhead. Everyone was very polite to check in and help us because the first time our cards didn't work.
There are tons of pools, hot tubs, etc. The sauna I tried and it did not seem very warm...after 10 mins on highest intensity I was not even sweating...other than that it was awesome. Oh, I'm not sure if the chemicals in the hot tubs were just strong but they sort of bothered my eyes after rubbing my face...and Ive never had that sort of issue before.
This would be a great place for families or to party. They have a mini store and Oceans 6 bar. There also is a bowling alley in the building, an arcade, Starbucks, etc. One thing I would earn people of if your room is oceanfront know that the outdoor bar does karaoke until 11pm at night most nights and we could hear it clearly on our balcony like we were down there. We did listen to some earlier in the evening, but don't expect peace and quiet outside between 7-11; but it'll work if you want to listen or have a few drinks.
We didn't eat food here but the breakfast buffet sounded good. Instead we went to Doughnut Man for doughnuts and coffee - Highly recommended!
My wife and I are adding this place as a favorite to stay in when going to Myrtle. I just sort of wish the parking was gated, but it was OK.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With more on site amenities and entertainment than any other Myrtle Beach resort, it's no surprise that the Travel Channel named Coral Beach "Best Family Accommodations". Some of the ingredients that make us a destination and not just a resort include an on-site 8 AMF lane bowling alley, recreation center with video arcade game room, pool tables, foosball and air hockey, 10 pool attractions including outdoor and indoor pools, water park, indoor and outdoor Jacuzzis, kiddie pools, lazy river ride, children's activity center, his/her saunas, live entertainment daily on the pool deck (in-season) and karaoke nightly (in-season), family magic show (in-season), glow bowling, fitness center, General Store & Gift Shop and spacious meeting/banquet facilities. It's no wonder that families for over 20 years have found Coral Beach Resort & Suites the most fun place to stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Coral Beach Resort & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coral Beach Resort Myrtle Beach Sc
- Myrtle Beach Coral Beach
- Coral Reef Myrtle Beach Sc
- Coral Resort Myrtle Beach
- Coral Beach Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Coral Beach Myrtle Beach Sc
- Coral Reef Hotel Myrtle Beach Sc