“Great choice, one to remember, many pools” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Coral Beach Resort & Suites
Ranked #10 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great choice, one to remember, many pools”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here to extend her family vacation, but with just the two of us before heading home. It was great, we arrived super early like 1030am and of course we couldn't check in but we were able to get garage pass to park the car and could use resort amenities while waiting.

So after 4+ hours of relaxing sun by the pool we were able to get checked in. Note they have food and drinks to buy around the pool. Sandwiches, burgers and such also. The room we had was a king size oceanfront on the 8th floor. It had a mini kitchen and separate living room with a Murphy bed. The balcony was nice too.

The room was great, the bed was a bit hard but OK, the shower was nice with a special showerhead. Everyone was very polite to check in and help us because the first time our cards didn't work.

There are tons of pools, hot tubs, etc. The sauna I tried and it did not seem very warm...after 10 mins on highest intensity I was not even sweating...other than that it was awesome. Oh, I'm not sure if the chemicals in the hot tubs were just strong but they sort of bothered my eyes after rubbing my face...and Ive never had that sort of issue before.

This would be a great place for families or to party. They have a mini store and Oceans 6 bar. There also is a bowling alley in the building, an arcade, Starbucks, etc. One thing I would earn people of if your room is oceanfront know that the outdoor bar does karaoke until 11pm at night most nights and we could hear it clearly on our balcony like we were down there. We did listen to some earlier in the evening, but don't expect peace and quiet outside between 7-11; but it'll work if you want to listen or have a few drinks.

We didn't eat food here but the breakfast buffet sounded good. Instead we went to Doughnut Man for doughnuts and coffee - Highly recommended!

My wife and I are adding this place as a favorite to stay in when going to Myrtle. I just sort of wish the parking was gated, but it was OK.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank trckn4life

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (676)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

We stayed here May 5th to the 9th. The facilities were clean and very well maintained. Grounds were very nice. Very family friendly environment. Kids could be busy at the pools for hours. Splash pad, toddler pool, lazy river, inside and outside pools and spas. Something for everyone. Small indoor play area and saunas also.

The breakfast buffet was good and reasonably priced, lots of choices. Souvenir/grocery store on site. Starbuck's coffee on site. Bowling alley with arcade area, bar and snack bar. Bar and snack bar pool side. Pool side snacks were very expensive however. $4 for a hotdog and $6-7 for a hamburger. We did not dine at the lounge, so don't know what that was like.

A lot of amenities. Take note that this is a cash free hotel. You can either pay debit or charge your room. Room bill can climb quickly.

Evening entertainment and karaoke was loud Monday night. Not too bad the other nights. Was fairly quiet most of our stay, but staff told us this was normally a quiet time, in between school breaks and summer vacation. Busy place at times, but very well staffed and managed. All staff was friendly and helpful.

People commented that they return to this hotel yearly and that it is their place of choice.

Room Tip: First floor rooms have balcony opening to pool area. Convenient, but not very quiet. Angle rooms o...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
Troy, Va
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

This was a mini vacation for my son's weddinf on the beach. I have been staying at coral Beach for the last 6 years and the service and accomadations are excellent. You would not want a better staff to help you and on a very timely manner. I strongly recommend the Coral Beach to any one. Will see you again in September Coral Beach.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
Windsor, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

We returned this morning after driving 15 hours from our fabulous vacation for one week at the Coral Beach resort in Myrtle Beach. I would recommend this hotel to anyone, but particularly families due to the several pools and play areas geared toward children.
The main areas were being freshened with paint ahead of the busy summer season and the whole town was being flooded by bikers. The room are clean enough- slow sink and vanishing bedding aside. We had an efficiency kitchen which was clean and well stocked. We just purchased some paper towels and a couple scrubbies for the dishes and we basically had everything we needed for light cooking- which saved time and money!
My only two complaints were the two guys who worked the front desk had very little people skills and the beds are small and uncomfortable.
The ladies working the desk were wonderful- helpful and friendly. Just the two guys. Wow! Polar opposites of helpful and friendly.
The beds are doubles! My goodness but we are a family of sizeable stature and I have never experienced a hotel with double beds! Thank goodness my husband and I are quite fond of each other. But I do not know if I would race to a hotel with less than queen size beds after this.
Other than these two things, our experience at the Coral Beach Resort and Myrtle Beach will be forever remembered as one of our best vacations to date!

• Stayed May 2014
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for our honeymoon. The customer service was exceptional. The whole staff was friendly, the rooms were very nice. The resort had everything you could ask for. The wife and I are already planning our next trip to the coral beach resort.

• Stayed April 2014
East Lansing, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

I stayed here with my friend for a week to celebrate graduating college. We're 22 and loved our stay! The staff was SO nice and made us feel super safe and comfortable. Everything was very clean and the rooms were awesome especially the big balcony and the fact that there was a full kitchen. This hotel has so many pools and a ton of things to do inside, and the bar outside was my favorite! We even got a discount for some things at Broadway At The Beach (which is a MUST) simply because we stayed at this hotel. I have no complaints other than the wifi not working, but even when I called technical support to get it fixed, I got a call from the front desk the next morning saying that I could change rooms to another floor that was closer to the router for a better connection which was super nice! I had a great time here and definitely recommend it to all ages.

Stayed May 2014
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

We planned our trip on a short notice and found this resort after researching lots of reviews. It was nice. No great, not terrible, just nice. Lots of pools, and tons of rooms. We stayed in a king 2 room suite with an ocean front view for an amazing price for 4 nights over springbreak. For the price, I cannot complain. Rooms were fairly clean, carpets were dirty in the corners of the rooms and paint was peeling everywhere in our room. Our first impression was a bit disappointing. Kitchen was equipped to get basic service. We had dish soap, plenty of towels and toiletries. The pools were nice and big, and the kids loved the indoor play area right next to the indoor pool. The staff was very friendly at each interaction and seemed genuine and helpful. However this location is very run down, one of the elevators was missing the entire ceiling due to what looked like water damage.
With all the different places to stay in Myrtle Beach, I would probably not choose this again. It was
an ok stay, nothing spectacular. Also, the fitness room closes early..well early for a beach vacation!

• Stayed March 2014