“Awesome Family Getaway”

Ranked #9 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Louisburg, North Carolina
“Awesome Family Getaway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

This was our second mini family vacation. I booked early for their biggest room and we had a ground floor room. The view was fine, so it doesn't have to be 3rd floor or higher to enjoy the ocean view. We loved the easy access to the pools without having to use the elevator. My room was quiet both nights, but the kids heard some noise (which may be expected when you have neighbors). We did go down to the pool area to enjoy the music and Karoke. We watched music videos and 2 people did sing, but not many people were there like I thought there would be. We enjoyed a game of bowling and used our half-off coupon. Just a heads-up, remember to bring socks with you if you are going to rent the shoes; the people around us didn't bring socks (that's gotta be uncomfortable). There were additional video games added to the game room since we were there in December. The kids loved it! It wasn't crowded. What I love about this resort location is you can walk to shops and fun places. In fact, we were able to walk to the Beach Festival to hear Jamie Grace, among others. We used the kitchen in our room and were able to cut our expenses in half. The temperature dropped to 70 when we were here, but the ocean was warm and the kids still enjoyed the outside pools. This is an awesome place to go to have fun and get away no matter the weather! Even if it rains or is cool, this resort has you covered in family fun.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (680)
Peru, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

I just want to give some positive feedback on one of your housekeepers - Gilbert! Gilbert, you gave us wonderful service and we appreciated how friendly and attentive you were to our family. I hope all works out well for you. Thank you for your hospitality!

Stayed May 2014
Wingate, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

Staff was FANTASTIC !!!! Karoke guy was AWFUL !!! Quit half way through show !! Stayed on his cellphone all night, and quit when I asked about Karoke!! Please hire someone new !!!.....Bartending staff was AWESOME too !!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Christopher P
Saluda, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

it was amazing place to have family, i m so planning another visit for my birthday with family love this place everyone so friendly and easy to talk too..one of my favorite place to stay!! i will recommend this hotel for a family trip or even a normal trip!

Room Tip: 626 has a great view!! of the ocean!!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Alejandro M
Raleigh, NC.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

Considering the many bad hotels in Myrtle Beach the Coral Beach Resort Hotel & Suites is a class act. Our room was ready on time. Check in was quick and easy. The room was clean and orderly. The best aspect of the hotel was it's location and swimming pools which were well maintained and lovely. It's difficult to find anything to complain about except don't believe the advertised prices as there will be an "Admin Fee" added on. Ours was $16.80 but I'm not complaining because other hotels have a "Resort Fee" which must be anticipated these days. We didn't use the restaurants, bar or bowling alley so I can't comment on then. This is a really good hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank RobtheReck
Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

When we arrived, we were thrilled with the exterior. It looked like a great resort and the checkin process was fast. There was ample parking and I felt safe in the deck. The elevators were fast, with no waiting any time of day. The suite we booked was very large. We were immediately thrilled with the layout and features in the room. We had 2 full size beds, a full kitchen, a sitting area, and a murphy bed. The balcony was large too.

We realized that night that the TV in the sitting area didn't work, but we didn't bother to call about it since we didn't plan on watching it. The light switch between the beds was broken and it took a few turns to get the lights on. The bathroom counter was large enough, but the toilet/tub area was too small. The small light/fan combo was awful. It was loud and the light was too dim. The vent had mold on it. The toilet would also run at random times.

More positives: the water pressure in the shower was great. The housecleaning staff was very nice. We didn't need our room cleaned so the first day, they left a huge bag of towels on our door. Whenever we passed any of them, they were friendly and asked if we needed anything. The beds sleep great if you like a firmer mattress. There are several pools and ample space around each to sit. The staff at the outdoor grill and bar were helpful. There is a lifeguard on duty on the beach by the hotel. The fitness center appears to be a newer addition with nice machines and decor. The general store is well stocked and the bowling alley is a good size. There is a restaurant and a quick drink area. The hotel seems secure considering you have to swipe your card to get around.

More negatives: You have to swipe your card to move around! The main path to the pools requires you to swipe your card. That is a hassle when loaded down with beach gear. The jets in the lazy river were either not on or not working so that it became ab-workout river. The housecleaning staff may not know what to clean. One day, I asked them to just grab the trash from the room and I thought they did. However, as we checked out, I opened the cabinet under the sink for the first time and discovered a trash can full of someone else's trash. I didn't know it was there, but they should have!

We extended our stay an extra night, so I stopped at the desk to show my credit card again. They didn't do anything with our room keys so they stopped working at noon. That was an inconvenience considering you can't get back into the building. When I went to the desk, they had already made me new cards and were holding them for me. That didn't help much! I discovered a layer of sand on the TV stand in the sitting room. The chairs and table on the balcony looked a little dirty. There was a huge dusty bunny, ball of grime that fell off under the bathroom door. The kitchen floor felt grimy so we wore flipflops inside at all times. The burgers at the outdoor grill were disgusting, fake burgers.

So all in all, I don't know if I would stay there again. There were enough signs of neglect that I began to wonder what else was being neglected. With some TLC and better cleaning, this could be an awesome place.

Room Tip: Stayed on the 11th floor and could still hear people down at the pool area, but maybe because they w...
2 Thank SEFowler
Dunn, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

Our room was clean. Our view was great! The bed was no comfortable, that would be my only complaint. We really enjoyed ourselves. Maybe it was a good thing that the bed wasn't comfortable, it forced me to get out of it.

2 Thank Dorothy D