“Great value and prime location.”

Coral Beach Resort & Suites
Ranked #10 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Great value for prime location. In the middle of everything, good parking, family friendly, and TEN pools! Something to do at the hotel even on a rainy day. We've stayed here six times now, and plan to come back again!

There are newer reviews for Coral Beach Resort & Suites

Reviewed 25 June 2014

We booked this hotel for us to spend time together for a great atmosphere but we were disappointed, so much going on and so crowded. I never seen a hotel that has bowling ally, amusement center and so many pools which is very interesting. In the outside building , you wont know how the inside look like . When we checked the hotel , we were surprised how much rooms and function rooms they have plus entertainments at night but it could have been more cleaner , sheets looks dirty, i saw black stripe on it, it maybe clean but don't looked clean although i give credit for the room doesn't smell bad. it is so noisy. i did understand it is a beach resort but too much children and the hallway and elevator was always wet, you have to be careful not to slip. The inside pool has a very strong chlorine , your eyes felt like burning. They have quiet fun entertainment at night, that takes away your boredom. There are no real restaurants in the hotel or in the beach strips, you have to walk far or drive to find restaurant to
eat..entrance is not welcoming ambiance but then again , it is design for family with children who will go to the beach. It is only good for family but not for romantic getaways.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Beth D
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Family of 4 and 2 extra people. Nice location and view. For as long as you stay in your room the suite was big enough for us. Do ask for towel because you don't always get them. Nice big pool with Lots of chairs.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

This place is a rip off. My family (Wife, 13 yr old daughter, 5 yr old daughter, mother in law, father in law, brother in law, sister in law, nephew and myself) stayed here last year. We rented 3 rooms for 8 days. The second day their my father in law caught one of the cleaning crew coming out of my room with no equipment. He told me and being former loss prevention and a current fire/medic. I went to check it out. We were at the pool so everything we own was in the room except the room key. When I arrives at the room I noticed that my wallet had been moved. I have real bad OCD and that is what kinda helps me as a medic because I notice EVERYTHING but it also is a bad thing because I notice the little things that are big to me but no one else. Knowing what I know it would have been their word verses mine. So I set up a hidden camera and went back down to the pool for 30mins. When I came back and watched the video I caught the maid going through my wallet, all our suitcases, my wife's purse, all our prescription medication (Pain meds, Muscle relaxers, and various other meds 15 or so) it cost me around $250.00 to replace all the meds, the officer said it would be the safe thing because she touched the meds when she went through them.(doctor visit to get the refills and the money to buy the meds), the closet, the dresser drawers where we had our kids clothes, the safe and the refrigerator. I notified the resort and asked for them to call the police. The manager said she wanted to see the video. I told her no that we needed to call the police. She stood there for a second and said that they had been called. Ok stand back and think about this. I called for the manager to come to my room, I did not tell anyone why. She had not let the room or called anyone on a walkie. How had the police been called? So I picked up the phone and call Law enforcement myself. She asked again may I see the video. I told her when law enforcement arrived I would show everyone. The officer arrived and I told him what had happened and showed him the video of the housekeeper going through everything (8 and a half minutes). He asked the manager where the lady was and she told him. He had the manger stop her from cleaning a room and go to the managers office and wait there. The officer went and spoke to the house keeper and then she was fired and arrested. Only thing the manager said to me was that she was sorry I had to call the police. The hotel refused to do anything for us. No refund, no discount, no free drink not even I'm sorry, Nothing! I was told that if I wanted to leave that they refund the remaining amount they we had paid with out charging us the cancellation fee. Well we were going to try to stay. So I told the manager no one was to enter and of our rooms. We would clean our own rooms. For 2 days they did what we asked but the third day they were in our room again. This place made us feel like we were the problem and NOT THE VICTIM!!! And so you know this is true the Myrtle Beach PD officer was McIntyre. And the cases number is 13-007821. I'm still talking to lawyers to find someone to take the case. So do NOT stay here.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
42  Thank Wayne C
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Clean rooms,great view of the water and great customer service. Only thing is the small bathrooms. You would think with all the money being spent they would try to get automatic scoring in the bowling alley.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

My family And I had a wonderful time staying at coral beach resort and suites the room was very cLean and the balcony gave us a great Beach experience alot to do at the resort definitely would recommend to all our friends and family the staff was also very nice. Great time!

3  Thank Becky J
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Oceanfront location is prime. Beach was beautiful. You can rent a pair of chairs and umbrella from the lifeguard for $35/day - very reasonable.

Hotel was average and made for a good vacation. My only major complaint was the small bathroom. Toilet and shower in a small cubby of a bathroom - there is a door to close that off. Almost claustrophobic but doable. Sink with wide countertop outside of shower area so that two people can get ready at once. Housekeeping did miss us the first day but it was quickly rectified. No problem after that and they did a fantastic job.

One bedroom suite layout is pretty nice. You enter into the bedroom with 2 double beds, its own TV, dresser, and tiny closet. It has it's own AC unit and did a nice job cooling the bedroom. A door separates the bedroom from the full kitchen (stove, sink, full fridge, microwave and possibly a dishwasher. After the kitchen was the living room with a pull down double bed which was comfortable. TV, loveseat, chair, and small round table with three kitchen chairs. It had its own AC unit but it did a fair job cooling the room only because it got the morning sun facing the ocean with a small balcony.

Parking was nice in a two level garage under the property. Indoor pool and hot tub/whirlpool. Outdoor pool was nice, kiddy waterpark-like pool was great for younger kids, and their lazy river (my girls called it the self propelled lazy river). Outdoor bar / patio area was nice and there was a DJ in the evening that really catered to the young kids who were having a blast dancing to the music.

We never hit the restaurant on-site but we did visit the Starbucks on lobby level. Quick and courteous ladies working who really brightened your morning. Thanks ladies!!

There is a store and fitness center on the sixth floor as well as a bar / lounge.

HERE'S THE BEST PART - I did get to visit the bar but unfortunately it was 15 minutes before closing (11pm). I was fortunate, however, to be graced with the beautiful and well versed KAYLA who was tending bar. I asked her to make me something with coconut and it was her choice of what to make. She didn't disappoint. We chatted about life, our backgrounds and favorite authors since we were the only people in the bar. In the end, I hoped I convinced her to write that great American novel. She has my business card so email me and let me know how the novel is going.

All in all, a nice visit. Are there other places in Myrtle Beach? Sure. Just do your research to find what suits you.

Room Tip: Oceanfront rooms have the nice view. DJ at outdoor bar plays until about 11pm and you will hear it...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family