Coral Beach Resort & Suites
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Ocean Plaza Motel(Myrtle Beach)
  • Beachfront
View Hotel
Captains Quarters Resort(Myrtle Beach)
  • Pool
Rodeway Inn & Suites(Myrtle Beach)
Cabana Inn(Myrtle Beach)
3,216 results
All reviewsbowling alleygeneral storebeach barfear knotlazy riverindoor poolbreakfast buffetmurphy bedgreat vacationfull kitchenfamily vacationoff seasonpools were cleanocean viewtrip to myrtle beachspring breakbeach front
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Came here for a small couple vacation without the kids. We had a good time and will probably return with the kids next time since we checked it out. Few minor things. 1) Check in time is 3:30 don't try to get in any sooner we arrived at 1230 pm on our check in day and was told to come back in hr or so an we did then was told 330. 2) When we got to our room there was a strong smell I don't know if it was their spray but smelled bad. Over time it did get better. Then we found the door lock was broke lucky I have some carpenter skills so I fixed it myself was not to hard but is still broke. Overall not to bad just needs a good deep cleaning. 3) My wife and I was sitting on the balcony an heard something and it was a housekeeper or employee that just helped himself an walked into our room like he rented it and handed us a paper. I was like cant you slide it under the door. No response! This I didn't really care for!!! Ok enough with the bad stuff. Everything outside from the pools, splash bar, splash grille and entertainment was great. The bar tenders was great and know how to make about anything you would like. Entertainment was good nightly first place i have stayed at MB that has it at night and it was nice to come back after dinner and have good entertainment. We had DJ one night and 2 karaoke nights was very fun. Over all a good stay few minor problems but nothing major!! Get them rooms updated and fix the housekeeping issues an this will be top pf the line.

Room Tip: Lock up all items not to sure about them just walking in like they rented it!!! Don't need much Cash this is all swipe card and CC charge Catch any elevator when you can the wait can be long at times.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank John F
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We went on cruises & vacations 1-3 a yr. We have booked in this "Resort" to have all the comforts and conveniences. Beds in rooms are on stilts 3-3.5feet off the floor, it was a big problem for our 16mo old who slept with us. He kept on falling and hurting himself. For safety we have placed top mattress on the floor during night and naps. After first night I woke up with 6 SPIDER BITES on my arms, hands and chin. Addressed this issue with management, they checked the room and declared that it is "clean" - no bed bugs. During naps and following morning my 16mo old got bitten and I got bitten again, even after wearing BUG SPRAY DURING NIGHT TIME. I DEMANDED manager Rob to change the room, and they have given us a different room, without compensation, or apologies. However next day a female management person accused me for having some over reactive syndrome to mosquito bites and if not then I must have gotten those bites somewhere else before I got to their resort! WHAT A SHAME! Instead of admitting that we have been inconvenienced and offer a treatment to the hospital (none of the over counter medicines took away the pain, swelling, itchiness away) or some type of compensation, they have actually accused the customer for making things up - when there was actual physical proof.

When one pays $200+/night for the room, one should expect a great service! WELL NOT HERE! Room service starts @12-3pm only. When asked for room to be serviced, they just dropped off the bag of towels on the bed and picked up the dirties in the bathroom. The rooms were not vacuumed, bathrooms were not cleaned for the 5 days we were there! I had to change out trash bags, wash the sink and bathtub. When asked cleaning lady to change out a bed she said that they ONLY DO IT EVERY 3 DAYS - COME ON! I believe that We could have been able to rent one of their time-share condos and have a better experience for much lesser cost!

Did we get spoiled by traveling on Princess & Norwegian Cruises, and staying in some great resort in Mexico - perhaps. But when you shell out over $200/night you should expect an excellent service, bed sheets changed out and made every day, and bathroom cleaned! Reasonable expectations - but very unsatisfied delivery by "Resort"!
Would we go again to Myrtle Beach again, you bet!
Would we stay at Coral Beach "Resort & Suites" again - not in my lifetime!

The Pro's of lazy river which was the favorite of our trip, and buffet in hotel IS NOT WORTH the safety and inconvenience of dirty/sandy room (sand is hard to wash off from kids swim gear in outside wash area).

Room Tip: Make sure to take a BUG SPRAY WITH YOU and whatever you do DO NOT SLEEP ON THE FLOOR OR SUFFER SPIDER BITES - you will be on your own to treat those, since management does not admit to having any "bugs" in their "Resort". If you have kids that take naps, ARRANGE and DEMAND on room to be cleaned.
4  Thank lmilab
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Great room with pretty ocean view! Everything you need is at the hotel. Nice pools with the beach right there. The staff is super friendly. We would highly recommend Coral beach resort to all our friends and family!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank kuuleilehua
Reviewed 1 July 2014

The beachfront location & on site activities make up for most of the shortcomings at this hotel. This is an older facilty that feels a little run down once you get away from the lobby. Standard double room was large with a fantastic beach view from balcony. Unfortunately, the room was not cleaned very well, especially the bathroom, and the air conditioner ejected little brown dirt clods all over the floor. The front desk staff was friendly & professional. The pool bartender went out of her way to help me find sodas. The pools areas are well maintained with lots of cushioned lounge chairs. Bowling area looked brand new - nice little bar & grill inside. Didn't visit the gift shop, restaurant or fitness center. Resort fees apply. No cash accepted in the hotel - but you will need $35 cash for 2 beach chairs & an umbrella (see lifeguard).

1  Thank SecondMrsT
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I have been staying here every year for seven years But i wont anymore because they have went to a non smoking resort . Everybody is worried about non smokers what about us that like to smoke I have a right to smoke if i want to so i will go to a resort that will let me. I am not giving my money to a place where i can't SMOKE If you are a smoker don't stay here.

10  Thank Dottiedo2