“Great for families, but needs some updating”

Coral Beach Resort & Suites
Ranked #12 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Clark, New Jersey
“Great for families, but needs some updating”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

My family and I stayed here in July 2014, and had an excellent time. We've never been to Myrtle Beach before, and we were pleasantly surprised. We checked in a little after 4 on a Saturday, and there was quite a long line to check in, and a wait for the luggage carts. It went quickly, and we were unpacking in our room within 15 minutes. The room was larger than expected, and had plenty of space for a family of 4. The bathroom was fine, no issues, just not the most glamourous, but it worked. The room seemed a little worn, and some items needed to be cleaned a little better, like the door tracks and curtain. The balcony was nice, and we had a side ocean view, which was perfect, so the fireworks and karaoke did not wake our children. The fridge was small but adequate, and the location in the closet was fine, so it did not take up any extra space within the room. The pools were all clean, and were cleaned prior to opening every day of our trip. The indoor pool did have way too much cholorine! The beach was nice, never too crowded, and always clean. The bowling alley was fine, a little expensive, but you're paying for the convenience. The outdoor grill was good, always nice people working there, and good food. Very limited menu, and it did not change once, except for July 4th. Parking was a slight challenge, as there are only a limited number of spots for cars with roof boxes. The pool bar was nice, friendly staff, and the drinks were not outrageously expensive. The lack of a full service, all-day eatery is the only big drawback here. The store had a large selection of items, not a high markup, and they had great hours. For a family with 2 small children, we thoroughly enjoyed our time here, and would definitely consider coming back in the future.

Room Tip: Beachfront may sound nice, but it is loud.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (691)
Clinton, Maryland
Reviewed 14 July 2014

This was our fifth year staying at Coral Beach. As usual the staff was friendly and provided great service. Elevators were slow and the kitchen appliances needed to be replace. That said, my wife and I had a great time.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Sewell, New Jersey
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We were greeted nicely upon arrival. I had made a special request regarding room type when I made my reservation. However, when I arrived I was told that the request could be granted but not until the next day. We were put in a temporary room and was told that if we put everything on a cart all of our stuff would be moved by housekeeping. Everything was promptly moved the next day. The room was clean and neat. The bathroom was on the smaller side but not a problem. The toilet was one of the newer types that saves energy, but the thing never ever seemed like it fully flushed. We called the front desk to have a maintenance worker plunge it to make sure something wasn't stuck. I never had a problem needing extra towels, toilet paper, or anything else. Housekeeping was friendly. The elevators were slow, but I expected it based on the number of rooms in the hotel. The pool grounds were kept neat and clean and my husband watched them cleaning the pools every morning. The pool lounge chairs were sprayed down and cleaned on a daily basis. The store in the hotel had a nice variety of things. I didn't use the indoor pools based on the nice weather, but they were always stocked with towels. One of them appeared to have a lot of sand in it, but that was pretty late in the day. It was nice to have music on the outdoor patio/bar area. The burgers were good. I found the beds to be reasonably comfortable. I would have preferred another piece of furniture to put clothes in. The four drawers weren't really big enough for me, my husband and seven year old child. I enjoyed the location of the hotel. It's about 6 blocks from family kingdom and isn't directly in the busy and noisy shopping area. I would go back.

Room Tip: I would request a room on an upper level floor.
Millington, Tennessee
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We really like staying at the Coral Beach Resort. The staff has always been friendly and accomodating. I must say that the housekeeping employees were always ready to do what was needed and super friendly. The rooms are updated and have great views. The restaurant served breakfast buffet and we could visit the outside grill for lunch or dinner and not leave the resort. We like to be enterained, so In the evening we could listen to the DJ and enjoy the karote. My husband especially like the covered parking. Coral Beach is located close to all of the beachy spots like the pier with the ferris wheel with lots of great souvenir shops and restaurants close by. The atmosphere is very relaxing and we always felt safe. Our granddaughter loves to stay with us so she can use the lazy river, pools and kids water play area. Coral Beach meets our vacationing needs and when we find that special place, we continue to visit each year.

Room Tip: We really liked the 12th floor - quiet and great views.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Biloxi, Mississippi
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Just left Coral Beach after much needed time away. The staff was friendly, the hotel clean, and amenities very family friendly. Best of all was the free cruise we registered for and won. How awesome! Captain Ryan and Danny were friendly and knowledgeable. They made this experience top notch. Thanks so much for a great stay!

Room Tip: Best views; go with oceanfront!
Taylorsville
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We were promised a water park on site and I was lied to, twice! I was assured there was in room wifi; no there wasn't. Our refrigerator had to be replaced as well as a TV. Everyday I was told the internet connection would be fixed and it never was. Other guest had this same issue. The Super 8 can give reliable wifi but this hole could not. Fitness room was a joke. The air conditioner cut off and on all night two feet from my head. If a property is going to have the exterior mounted units they should have a constant fan run option on them.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank William E
Martinsville, Virginia
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I love the kids area, the bowling alley is great but pricey. The arcade is nice sized with video games and an air hockey table. They have a bar and breakfast but I never visited either one. The parking is convenient, the atmosphere is pleasing (fountain in the foyer). I'm also glad they are a non smoking establishment. No one wants to smell stale smoke. Of course mostly everywhere is non smoking now. But I digress. If you have children, there it's plenty to do. The only complaint is that the area in front of the elevators needed a slip free mat. For the disabled, it's hard to walk on, the pools are right next to the elevators.

Room Tip: If you like bowling, only the first game for one person is free. After that, kind of pricey.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family