“Enjoyed our stay at Grande Shores!”

Grande Shores Ocean Resort
Ranked #18 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Enjoyed our stay at Grande Shores!”
Reviewed 14 April 2008

We visited Grande Shores on spring break this year (2008) and it was our first trip to MB as a family. We have three children of elementary school age and it was their first trip to the beach that they will actually remember when they grow up. So I really wanted it to be special. I did a lot of research on Trip Advisor and looked at a lot of hotel websites. I was looking for the best combination of price, location, and ammenities.

I finally settled on Grande Shores. I enjoyed reading the reviews on the Trip Advisor and was impressed with the answers I had recieved when I called with questions. They also seemed to have what we were looking for accomodations wise. A private bedroom with King bed for me and my wife, a full kitchen, and a separate room with tv and beds for the kids. Add in an ocean view and beach access right off the lobby and we were sold.

All in all, they delivered on everything we had read. The resort isn't the fanciest in Myrtle Beach, but it delivers on every level. The kids loved being next to the beach and enjoyed the view from our walk out porch. The beds were more comfortable than the Red Roof Inn and Hampton Inn we stayed at on the way down, so that was impressive.

They are located a little on the north side of MB and away from the more touristy boardwalks and such, but we had everything we needed right in our area. Plenty of restaurants, shops, and such. And it was a short 10 min drive to the larger attractions.

We really enjoyed our stay and would recommend it to anyone. We will definitely lookup Grande Shores again next time we visit Myrtle Beach.

• Liked — Full kitchen and private King suite.
  • Disliked — Internet was a little flaky and slow at times.
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled with family
3 Thank Stryker927

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (404)
Michigan
Reviewed 12 April 2008

I made 30 destination trips last year around the USA.
In 2008, I am limiting my travel to places and people, who made my visits enjoyable, so I could make them memorable.

Nowhere (except maybe the Ritz in Dearborn and Loew's in Las Vegas) compares to the location and service received at the Grande Shores Ocean Resort. I have stayed here for years (3X in 2007), but the view and service continues to improve.
It's like coming home!

The fact that their front desk/customer service employees are consistently service focused, well-dressed, knowledgable and responsive to me (their customer), gives an indication of managements commmitment to support, train and improve the service these employees provide.

Simple, clean, well-maintained, affordable, with a view only God could design, for me to appreciate!

3 pieces to the perfect puzzle in traveling are People who provide Service, Property location and condition and Price.

Grande Shores Ocean Resort fit all 3 puzzle pieces!

Thank you!

PJCorsi, Michigan

• Liked — Privacy, security at night.
  • Disliked — Golfers on whirlpool level (7th floor) hogging whirlpool at night.
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled solo
3 Thank PilotJC
North Carolin
Reviewed 28 March 2008

Our stay at Grande Shores Ocean Resort was wonderful!Everything you need is right there. With 3 pools, 2 lazy rivers, 5 hot tubs and a mushroom pool, our kids were well entertained! We ordered from the cafe our first night there and the prices were reasonable and the food was delicious! They have an outdoor grill by the pool on the first level and the food there was delicious too. We stayed in a 3BR, 2BA condo overlooking the ocean and it was excellent. We felt very much at home there because it was so family oriented. The customer service was out of this world and they were very helpful in everything we asked of them. The front desk clerk in the mornings was awesome! She took the time to find out rates for the aquarium and getting me the tickets so I could take the kids. The only thing we didn't like about it was that they don't accept pets. In today's times, more people are taking pets on vacation and my brother in law would've loved to have brought their dog. I understand about cleaning fees, though so it's understandable, but could be a drawback to some people. We highly reccommend staying here and look forward to going back near the end of summer for a long weekend. Thanks to all the staff for their patience and hospitality!!!! Keep up the great work and have a great summer season!!!!!!!!

• Liked — Everything!!!
  • Disliked — Pets weren't allowed.
3 Thank ncgirl0944
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed 27 March 2008

I just returned from a three day stay at the Grande Shores Ocean Resort. I booked an oceanfront one bedroom condo on the hotel's website and requested in the notes that I be put on one of the upper floors. They put me on the top floor, which was great - excellent view of the ocean! The room was exactly as described, and was very clean. The value was excellent - the manager's special was $68/night! I was looking for some relaxation, and this trip definitely provided it. While the weather was a little cool, it was wonderful to sit on the balcony and watch the ocean while enjoying my coffee and using the free wireless internet. The Grande Shores is also next to a residential area, so walking on the beach was nice - not a lot of "traffic," and it was definitely quieter (except the night someone was shooting fireworks on the beach - no fault of the Grande Shores, obviously!). The hotel seems "family friendly" without being over-run by kids (even though it was spring break time).

It was convenient to have the parking ramp as well. I didn't use the pools, etc. but they looked clean and seemed to be decent sizes. There are indoor and outdoor pools on the ground floor, and the lazy river & hot tubs are on the 7th floor. I used the room's kitchen for most of my meals - it was equipped with a full size stove, refirgerator and microwave, as well as dishes, pots & pans, etc., all of which were very clean.

Again, great value, great stay - wish it could have been longer!

• Liked — Proximity to beach, quiet residential area next to hotel
  • Disliked — Nothing comes to mind
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled solo
2 Thank Amy_from_NC
Rockville, Maryland
Reviewed 24 March 2008

Coming from the cold, rainy DC area, it was a welcome change to arrive in sunny Myrtle Beach.

While it was still too early in the season to go in the water, I had a great view from the 5th floor of the ocean and sand. In the morning, I saw the sun rise as I took a quick jog on the beach. It was great to walk right out of the room, down the stairs, and you are there.

Spent the rest of the morning using the complimentary wireless to do some work, with the sliding glass door open and the sun shining in the room. The room was quite large, with a small table for work and a chair to watch television. Also the room had a large fridge, and the bathroom was stocked.

Great location, close to dining and obviously the beach.

• Liked — Beachfront Location, easy parking
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank JLee78
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Reviewed 20 March 2008

I called the same day as we wanted to check in, no problem, we got a gorgeous ocean front condo with 2 beds, a Murphy bed, sleeper couch, kitchen, free internet and cable as well as in room DVD and VHS player.

We got the managers special for only $68 plus tax which was amazing.

The view from our private balcony was breathtaking and the staff was very nice.

I also recommend the food from the in house cafe, if you order for at least $20 they even bring it to your room, it is delicious and unbelievable reasonable priced.

Other reviewers say that there is a 25 year age limit, but we were not ever asked our age, not even when I booked over the phone, I also saw several guests being younger than 25 in the hotel.

Parking is free and in their own parking garage with easy access to the elevators, there are vending machines located on 1st and 7th floor and the items are cheap, not like other hotels charging you a arm and a leg.

There are Pools placed on 1st and 7th floor as well.

Stay here, you wont regret it.

• Liked — Everything, the price, the view, the service, the location
  • Disliked — Nothing I loved it all
2 Thank Digitalbrian
Amhersburg
Reviewed 17 March 2008

We found the Grand Shores through Travel Advisor. After reviwing the comments from others we decided to go ahead and book a week stay. We can't say enough good things about the hotel. Room was exactly as displayed (3 bedroom - Ocean Front). When we phoned the hotel they gave us the "Managers Special" and discounted the posted rate. The pools were warm and welcoming, the staff went out of their way to make us feel welcome and the location was 2nd to none. Beautiful beach a few feet from the hotel. We have four (4) children and they loved everything about this hotel. Multiple pools, lazy river etc.

We loved it so much we plan on returning to this same location in the fall. Can't go wrong with this Hotel.

• Liked — Spacious Room and Location
  • Disliked — Not all of the pools were open yet for the season
1 Thank phammond43