“Great indoor pool and hot tub!!”

Grande Shores Ocean Resort
Ranked #26 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Lumberton, NC
“Great indoor pool and hot tub!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

We just came back from a 4 day/3night stay at the Grande Shores. This was our 5th visit. we had 2 bedrooms, 4 queen beds, a kitchenette and 2 bathrooms. Our room was great! It is an older hotel and nothing too fancy, but clean with friendly staff. My sister and her kids had their own room, but our room was the gathering place. Nine of us ate together and hung out. We had plenty of room. This type of room doesn't have a balcony, but we did have an ocean view. The indoor pool and hot tub is the reason we like to go. Usually we go in the winter when it's not too crowded, but we chose Easter weekend since my husband was off. The hotel was fully booked and it was a cold, windy weekend. The pool area never got over crowded. My only complaint is there were kids at the pool without an adult. They were running around and not paying attention to the people in the pool when they jumped in. The hotel should have a staff member check the pool area to make sure the rules are being followed. A security guard comes in at 10 pm to tell you to get out, so maybe the security guard should check in at other times, too. The rooms from the 6th floor down open to the parking deck, it does get noisy, which didn't bother us too bad. In the morning is the loudest time. Overall, we really enjoyed our stay. We will be going back, and requesting the same type of room.

Room Tip: Stay above the 6th floor to avoid the noise from the parking deck.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
GMSeasideResorts, General Manager at Grande Shores Ocean Resort, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Thank you so much for returning to Grande Shores. We really depend on guests like you and we know there are many choices when coming to Myrtle Beach. Thank you for taking the time to review Grande Shores. I will certainly have the staff visit our pool decks more often to see if all is well there. We want all guests to enjoy their time and having a peaceful environment is very important. Again, thank you for your kind words. Have a tremendous summer and please return soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (382)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

Never again will I come anywhere near this "resort!" Since the first phone call to make reservations, this has been a very unpleasant vacation!!! Their staff is very unfriendly and unprofessional!!! The pictures that are posted online are very misleading!!! I'm definitely not impressed!!! The rooms are dirty looking and run down. To top it off, the internet didn't work our entire stay!!! How do you advertise High Speed WiFi, and it doesn't work?!?!?! UNACCEPTABLE!!! I called to speak with the manager, and she without any care responded, "Oh, I'm sorry." REALLY?!?! Ok that's fine...my family and I will choose a REAL resort next time for our vacation!!!!

• Stayed April 2014
4 Thank sandersr2
GMSeasideResorts, General Manager at Grande Shores Ocean Resort, responded to this review, 20 April 2014
It was really difficult reading your review and from the tone of the review I can tell you were really disappointed. During this past week we have pulled every rounter from each room having issues and reprogrammed to get the internet back up and running. I am so sorry this happened while you were visiting. Please accept our apology. I know our staff will feel very disappointed to see you were also not satisfied with their service. They do try very hard to send a positive message to our guests. I am very sorry you did not feel we cared. Thank you for sharing your feelings. We have to heard the good and bad from our guests. Thank you for taking the time to post your review.
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

Thanks Grande Shores for another great winter vacation away from the cold in Canada. We can not say enough how well we are treated here. Keep up the good work with all your renovations.

You should be very proud of your staff, from the front desk to the cleaning staff. Any problem that arose or anything that we required was taken care of within a short time. Also, a special thank you to Michelle for returning my keys.

We miss drinking our morning coffee on the balcony and watching the sun as it rises above the horizon. It's also hard to fall asleep without the sound of the ocean coming in the window.

Looking forward to next winter and meeting up with all of our winter friends.

Room Tip: Remember the best rooms are in the front looking out onto the oceans.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Barry P
GMSeasideResorts, General Manager at Grande Shores Ocean Resort, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Thank you Barry for the kind words. I will make sure the staff sees your comment. It will mean a lot to them knowing you enjoyed your winter with us. It is great fun having guests for extended stays. Getting to know everyone and watching all the fun our winter guests have makes our winters enjoyable. When you get lonely visit our social media sites and we will make sure to post pretty pictures for you to enjoy. Thank you for the great review and have a tremendous summer. We wil be waiting for your return this coming winter.
Buford, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

This is my second time at this place and have enjoyed it each time. I think that all the pools and hot tubs that they have make it great. I have not had any issues in both of my stays. The price is in line with all the other resorts in the area.

Room Tip: I had the 3 bedroom condo for my family.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for returning to Grande Shores. It means a lot ot hear from a loyal guest. We know you have many hotel choices when visiting our city. Feeling relaxed and at home means so much, we know, and I am happy to see you have found that at Grande Shores. We look forward to your return and thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Grande Shores. Happy traveling until we see you again!
Andover, NJ
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

I grew up in Myrtle beach and have been to many hotels up an down the strip. I'll start off with the positive and say front desk staff was very nice and location of hotel is ideal. That is it! Upon checkin, we were given keys to our room. Went up the narrow parking garage (which already had me dissapointed that your room opens up to a garage) so we open door on an unsuspecting couple already there! Front desk apologized and gave us another room but never tried to make up for it in anyway. Needless to say, I always felt like someone could just walk into our room the whole time we were there. Pools were tiny and crowded. Rooms were very dirty and outdated. You even had to pay to use old rickety woooden chairs on the beach. Just really dissapointed overall!

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank lovecharleston612
GMSeasideResorts, General Manager at Grande Shores Ocean Resort, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
I was disappointed to read your review and want to sincerely apologize that our front desk made such a terrible mistake while assigning your room. This is not our standard and we are very sorry this happened. We do have condos on lower floors that has parking right outside, yes. The upper floors are not set up this way and a guest could request that their condo not open in this manner. I was surprised to see that you felt your room was dirty. We do not have this type complain at all but again we are sorry you felt this way. I notice you traveled here in June of last year. We have done a great deal of upgrading in our condos and hotel rooms since that time and know anyone revisiting Grande Shores would notice the improvement right away. Thank you for your review. We use all comments good and bad to improve our resort and customer service. Happy traveling to you.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

This was a great place to stay. Staff was friendly and helpful. Condo was very nice and clean. Had so much of a "home" feeling that my 3 year old thought it was our new house. Great llocation. Was easy to find and close by eeeverything. Will definitely stay here on next trip to Myrtle Beach. I wanted my family to have a great Myrtle Beach experience their first time and thanks to Grande Shores they did. Thank you Grande Shores!

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank engagedatmyrtlebeach
GMSeasideResorts, General Manager at Grande Shores Ocean Resort, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
I loved reading your review. Feeling at home when on vacation means a lot and to know we impressed a 3 year old is amazing. Family vacationing is all about making the children happy, we understand. Come again soon and enjoy the warm weather coming our way soon. Thank you for your business and for your great comment.
Winston Salem, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

We didn't book a hotel so we couldn't be too choosy due to everything being full. We did find this hotel and it was ocean front but with the bushes and being on the first floor, could not see the ocean too well. We went to the lounge bar to grab some cocktails but it closed at 10pm which I thought was early for a Saturday night. But over all it wasn't a bad stay, the rooms could use some updating but it was clean.

• Stayed March 2014
We love to see the car show come to town. Lots of great antique cars to enjoy. On your next trip be sure to call ahead and we will make sure to have you in one of the higher floors where I am sure you will experience the most beautiful view in Myrtle Beach. We do pride ourselves in having a very clean hotel. We are happy you found us and hope you will give us the privilege of serving you again.