“Tired and old decor”

Grande Shores Ocean Resort
Ranked #17 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We have stayed at the Grande Shores for 4 yrs straight. We always stay in the 3 bedrm condo oceanfront. Those rooms are so outdated and need work so much! It's a big turnoff! We go in august when the cost is a bit higher. We feel that spending that much for a week and getting outdated rooms in great need of repair is not worth it anymore! We are staying somewhere else this year!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
GMSeasideResorts, General Manager at Grande Shores Ocean Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2014

I was extremely disappointed reading your comments. I did see your last visit was August of last year and I was also able to check on the condo you reserved. Since your visit the homeowjners have ordered new draperies and bedspreads. I see this condo has granite counter tops, textures painted walls, flat screens,and a new sofa and chair. When the draperies are installed, I am sure this condo will be a place anyone could enjoy vacationing in. We do have our condos graded based on their upgrades so when calling for a reservation a guest can request an upgraded condo. Thank you for your comment. I do hope you will return and experience our condo upgrades. I do believe you will be impressed.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

We booked at the last minute, wanted to surprise my wife for her birthday, her favorite thing is just to walk on a beach. The room was great, clean, and on the side, but there was a view of the ocean. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Loved the location as it is away from all of the night life, but a short drive away. Beach right there! Parking just outside the room and we were on the 4th floor! Will definitely be back, one of the best 4 day trips ever. Oh, yea the breakfast buffet was also awesome.

Room Tip: We booked a 2 bedroom, 2 bath condo for two of us, but we like lots of space, it was perfect.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bill L

Wow, so nice to hear from such a happy guest. You have mentioned so many of the amentities that makes Grande Shores special and that is how we want all our guests to feel when they check out. Thank you for choosing us and for sharing your feeling on Trip Advisor. Happy traveling!

Reviewed 24 April 2014

We have been staying with this hotel for years and the stay just gets better every single time! We requested a microwave upon arrival, Even though this is not normal hotel policy, the staff delivered one to our room immediately. The shower head broke and, once again, help was literally just a call away and the problem was fixed instantly. The pool and recreation areas on the 7th floor are amazing and extremely private. Always clean and parking is AWESOME. If you have family members who won't ride an elevator, this is a real nice touch, parking levels on every floor up to the 7th. Great "cook-out" style food at the ground floor pool. What can I say... I am a fan!

Room Tip: The Ocean View rooms are only a few dollars more than the other rooms. Spring for this room. The bal...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
GMSeasideResorts, General Manager at Grande Shores Ocean Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Dale, we are always especially pleased to hear a family feels at home at Grande Shores. There is no greater compliment. I am sorry you experienced a maintenance issue, but I am happy you received good service from our engineering department. Our 7th floor pool deck is really great. It offers lots of space, and yes, privacy. Thank you so much for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. It means a great deal to us!

Reviewed 24 April 2014

The property was literally right on the ocean front. Beautiful. Very clean. Friendly staff. We had a kitchen unit that had four beds. Two queens in one room, full kitchen w all the pots and pans needed, fridge, microwave, second pull room had pull down bed and pull out couch... and if it wasn't against the rules I would have brought those pillows home just so I could sleep that well again. Affordable. Their staff was very professional and friendly. Every detail was great, down to the wonderfully smelling soaps and awesome bartender at the cafe on the property. And that view though! wow! I can't wait to go back. :)

Room Tip: ocean view or ocean front highly recommended. the balconies are amazing from every angle. you won...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
GMSeasideResorts, General Manager at Grande Shores Ocean Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

It made my day reading your review this morning. Our staff works really hard and it means so much to us to see you had such a great experience at Grande Shores. I will make sure I share the review with everyone. It will make them smile. Best to you and your family. Have a tremendous summer and return soon.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

My family had a wonderful time. We would definitely go back again. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The pools were great and very clean. The view from our room of the ocean was breathtaking. A great experience all around.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Sarah, thank you for choosing us and for the kind words. It means a lot to us knowing we contributed to a great family vacation. Memories are very important and family vacationing is certainly where memorial begin. Thank you so much for allowing us the privilege of serving you and your family. Have a lovely summer and please return soon.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Staff was wonderful... Always acknowledged u.. Very family orientated...will return to this hotel definitely... Love the location. Close to everything. Can't say enough about it! The pools were awesome for any age. Views of the ocean were outstanding.

• Stayed: April 2014

Karrie, I do appreciate your great review. I will make sure our staff knows they made a difference. They are a lovely group of people. I hope you have plans to return to our city again soon and will allow us the privilege of serving you again. Thanks again for your kind words.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

My wife and I stayed in a one bedroom condo that was perfect for us. Everything was new and the condo was immaculate. The outside is a bit weathered but this is a beachfront property that is about functionality not luxury. The price is right and it is close to a Food Lion, Rite Aid, Dunkin Donuts, Liberty Tavern, etc. The cleaning staff and front desk were helpful. I tried to come in a day early but they had no rooms available but Jessica called around to find us someplace. It didn't work out but I appreciated the effort.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank plynch2014

Thank you for your review. We do love our location. Being situation beside a residential community makes our resort special for sure. We enjoy the fact that Dunkin Donuts is close by. We visit too often. We appreicate you choosing us. Please return soon and best to you and our family.