“You get what you pay”

Ranked #23 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Raleigh
“You get what you pay”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Well first off check In was very simple and easy Danielle checked us in and the only reason I remember her name is because her and the birthday girl I was with had the same name. Anyway now we drive off to go to our room. As driving in the parking lot I realize the ramp is super small Cars come n go on the same ramp a lot so a u have to be very cautious n careful cause a car can be flying around but u going slow and y'all bump car head on very Dangerous and those stupid tiny dirty mirrors they have up don't help . So we get up to the room which was on the 4th floor not bad with patio ocean front room . Everything is just old looking but wasn't bad for the price we paid so we didn't complain. The only reason why I would wouldn't stay here again is due to the parking lot when we came back in at 3am there was no parking on our floor or none of the floors I asked 2 guys that work out there was staff in the office so find out where I can Park they told me it was closed but told we they will find me somewhere to park oo n it was several others car having the same problem so imagine this small parking cars trying to turn around or back up to get back out it was just kayos just accident waiting to happen but overall if u don't drive or don't
care about ur car than this the place for you. I rather spend a lil more money to know my car n life is ok .

• Stayed July 2014
gmgrandeshores, General Manager at Grande Shores Ocean Resort, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Thank you NuNu 28 for staying with us and for commenting on Trip Advisor. I was happy to see you had a nice experience at check in. I do hope your "birthday" girl had a nice time on her special day. We do feel very fortunate having 7 levels of parking at Grande Shores. You do have to use the garage mirrors and take your time while moving throught the garage as in most buildings, but I can say we have not had an accident involving 2 cars in the 6 years I have worked at Grande Shores. I do hope you will return and give us another opportunity to make your stay an excellent experience. Again, thank you for choosing Grande Shores.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (389)
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

My family and I have made it down to Myrtle Beach a few years now for the kids school vacation in April. We have stayed at the Grande Shores every time. It definitely needs some updating but you honestly cannot beat the price. It is walking distance from the beach and so close to some of the best attractions in Myrtle Beach. The staff is very friendly, the rooms are clean although very old looking, and the property itself is also maintained very well. Overall a great and affortable place to stay in Myrtle Beach.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
GMSeasideResorts, General Manager at Grande Shores Ocean Resort, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
I am very happy to see you feel Grande Shores is a good value. These days value is so important. We do have upgrades in the works for this coming year for our condos and hotel. I know you will notice when you return for your next vacation. Thank you for choosing us and for recommending our resort to other travelers on Trip Advisor. We truly appreicate your business and recommendation.
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

My family and another family stayed over the July 4th holiday, we had a very large suite, the beds were situated a little odd but we put adults in one area and kids in another. The smaller kids had a blast in the lazy rivers and indoor pools, the teenage kids had fun roaming the area since it's in such a great location. We enjoyed the free DVD rentals for the evenings, that was a pleasant surprise! The restaurant was great, we were able to run down for a drink while kids were busy! It was relaxing not to jump in your car to get things. The parking garage is a little scary at first, but I got better at maneuvering through and watching the mirrors. We also saw a fantastic fireworks display from the 7th floor, we had a great trip and can't wait to return!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Sary6378
Sary, it was so gratifying to read your comments. You mentioned so many of the great things about our resort. We are so happy you left feeling so positive. Please return soon. Repeat guests like yourself mean so much to us. Family fun is what it is all about. Thanks again.
Princeton, West Virginia
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Nice being right on the beach. Lazy river nice but very crowded. Rooms were very clean but dated. Thanks to the house keepers for doing a great job. Only real thing that concerned me, being a single Mom with a 5 & 6 year old, was the doors do not have a dead bolt. They only have a chain for the extra lock on the door. This is our 2nd time staying at the Grande Shores Resort. We will stay again.

Room Tip: If staying here..... you have to stay in a room facing the Ocean. It is nice sitting on the balcony...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank C M
CM, thank you for choosing and reviewing Grande Shores. I am really pleased to see you will return. I also appreicate your criticism. We do use the feedback from our guests to improve the resort. Please know many upgrades are planned for the coming year to our condos and hotel rooms. We look forward to showing these to you when you return. Again, thank you for choosing us. We appreicate that very much.
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Had a very nice week here. Staff was very helpful and room was neat and excellent size.Not fancy but very pracitical. Had beautiful palm trees between the pools and the beach.Very family oriented I would recommend this place.

Room Tip: ocean front rooms have beautiful views.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Kenneth H
GMSeasideResorts, General Manager at Grande Shores Ocean Resort, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Kenneth, I was very pleased to see you would recommend Grande Shores to your friends. That means so much to us. I will make sure our staff reads your review. I know it will please them. Please return soon and often.
Belmont, North Carolina
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Stayed at this resort fora soccer tournament. We had a group of ours from our team. The different conditions of each room was alarming. Some of the rooms were in decent conditions while some were absolute dumps. The resort charges the same for these rooms and chooses which room to but you in. All of the rooms were dated and the maintenance on the rooms was not good. The location of this resort is good. There is good beach access.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Scott N
Scott, I was sorry to read your review and hear that you felt so negatively about Grande Shores. Our condos are individually ownerd but in the past two years all our homeowners have purchased new speads, couches and TV's for the condos. I do hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Our reservationist can help you reserve one of our upgraded condos. Please give us another try. I am sure we change your opinion of us.
Elizabethton, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I have stayed here many times in the past but not for the past 5-6 years. The room had new paint, carpet, bedding and looked very nice. They did not furnish enough towels, washcloths, and toilet paper to the room. We ran out twice and had to call the desk for more. We found a big bug (beetle?) crawling across the floor one night and did find one on the balcony. I am scared too death of bugs so it kind of freaked me out a little. All in all, however, it was a very nice hotel and I have reservations to go back in September.

Room Tip: We had a hotel room on the 4th floor which gave us a great view of the ocean, pool and lazy river be...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Susan M
Susan, it is always nice hearing from repeat guests. I am happy to see you noticed the improvements made while you were away. I am sorry you saw the bug on your balcony. Palmetto trees which surround most beach hotels do attract them, but we are not happy when our guests see them as you did. Please know we have monthly pest control done by professionals so this kind of encounter happens less often. We will look forward to welcoming you back in September. Until then, we wish you well.