“Ruuunnnn....Don't Walk.... But Run Away As Fast As You Can!!”

Grande Shores Ocean Resort
Ranked #16 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 5 September 2009

We were so excited for a relaxing family get-a-way. Upon our arrival today ( 9/5/09) at the Grand Shores Ocean "Resort" (that is a joke in itself) we immediately realized we had a problem. We were shocked at how different the outside looks in person compared to the way it is featured online. It's awful! We thought we would give it a chance and got into our room (3 bedroom, 2 baths, oceanfront) only to be disappointed even more....if that was possible. The rooms are DISGUSTING and FILTHY!! Even my husband, the adored "slob" was offended. Trying to make the best of the situation since we are literally only here for two days we headed down to the pool and hot tub area only to find three of the four hot tubs broke and all of them filled with colorful brown water...................more disgusting. Now they are outside on the 7th floor and the view is beautiful but soaking in brown yuck somehow takes away from the view. Needing a drink at this point to just sit and chuckle for a minute and figure out what we were going to do, we went down to the poolside bar only to find it closed AT 5:30 PM.......really! We literally are searching for an alternative place to stay for tomorrow night. The REAL kicker was that as we are sitting here searching for another room we get a phone call from the front desk asking if everything is okay or if we need anything. When we shared our concerns she didn't act surprised at all and when we expressed that it appeared she didn't seemed shocked by our concerns she said "not so much" and asked if we needed anything. Poor girl....she didn't know what to do and she's just doing her job so you can't get upset with her and the fact that I'm pretty sure we were one of many with these concerns she was having a rough night! This place is NOT.....I repeat.....NOT a resort. It's not even a glorified motel. It is far below average and literally should be torn down and rebuilt because the ONLY postive is the location.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank pkumom
Write a ReviewReviews (1,461)

Reviewed 25 August 2009

First let me explain how picky I am about a hotel - No let me put it like this - my family didn't even want me to go on vacation because they knew i would be calling back complaining. A hotel/resturant hasn't even gained a review from me I'm that bad, so trust me when I say this place is fantastic. I've paid far more for accomadations then I've paid here and had horrible service, food and had to sleep in my clothes for fear of catching something (and yes I was in the united states). The Grande Shores lives up to it's name - Great Location - Great Accomadations - Great Prices. The fourth floor is ideal or it was for us, we had an ocean view condo, it was spot -less to say the least. I had come equipped with lysol - bleach and a whole basket of cleaning products as well as a set of new sheets and didn't have to use it (well did use the Lysol - creature of habit lol). Do yourself and family a favor check them out the staff is wonderful big congrats to Carol I hope thats right she was great in getting us in a day early. Good Job Grande Shores see you next year. Oh yeah I almost forgot try the Giant Crab great seafood get there around 2:30 and you will have a great meal look for Cynthia's table she's great.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2009

Just returned from Myrtle Beach, original reservation was for Grande Shores Ocean Resort. DON'T DO IT!! Rooms are terrible, my wife refused to put her pocketbook on the floor. I will say that the staff was very accomodating and they moved us to the Horizon Ocean Resort which was terrific.

1  Thank travelnbuff
Reviewed 15 August 2009

Having stayed in many Myrtle Beach hotels over the years with my family, I've had good and bad experiences. From now on, I'll be at Grande Shores. Our room was spacious and very clean (always important). The hotel is located on the north end of Myrtle Beach, which is a really beautiful part of town. All the staff I dealt with were helpful and courteous. All in all, I couldn't be happier. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 14 August 2009

Rented condo,very large hole in balcony carpet,worn furniture.False evacution alarms(long walk down 12 flights of stairs) Unlight 1st floor pool area. Needed to mop up elevator lobby from wet feet from ocean/pool. Staff seemed concerned that I fell in unlit pool area and that family member broke tor during false alarm. Good location but lots of other hotels,pick another!

Reviewed 11 August 2009

Stayed August 1st through the 8th in the oceanfront efficiency. We had to request numerous times for a shower curtain that they forgot to install. Front desk personnel were rude at times. Had telemarketers calling and knew your name and trying to set up an appointment for timeshares. This info should never be given out and violates your privacy. Had to ask for soap from housekeeping numerous times and the floor got vacuumed twice and the tile in the bathroom was dirty. Not enough utensils to eat with, (ex.) 4 Plates, 4 Spoons, 4 Knives, 4 Forkes, 4 Glasses, you get the point. Toaster would not work and had to have it replaced. Walls in room needed repaired and painted, The kitchen table wobbled and only has 2 chairs. You can find nicer motels and have better service than what you pay for at this place. I spoke with other guest and they were disappointed and so were others that were return guest. That says alot.

Reviewed 9 August 2009

I traveled to Myrtle Beach with three other adults and five children under the age of 10. The staff from the check-in clerk, housekeeping, maintenance, check-out clerk, managers to other staff you meet on the grounds were all extremely friendly and professional. They each inquired about your stay. The pools are well kept and not overly crowded to say the hotel was full. The access to the beach is good. The rooms (3 bedroom oceanview rm 1234) was very nice. Had all we needed and plenty of room to make our stay enjoyable. We felt and home. The hotel is close to most anywhere you will like to go. There is free internet in the room. We plan to come stay here again. Keep up your good work Grande Shores.

1  Thank blessed13