This is a nice place. Not my favorite ever, but nice. We found the room and facilities to be clean, but if you are looking for extreme luxury this is not your best choice. The room was large, having a separate bedroom with washer, dryer was awesome. The bedding was fine. The towels are really, really cheap, but that's ok and not a reason not to stay here. The bathroom was nice, but the tub didn't drain well. We were there the week before Christmas which was very quiet. I imagine the resort can be very crowded other times. Kids loved the indoor water park. I was very unhappy though that one of the water parks was closed for maintenance even though I specifically asked if that would be the case when I made my reservation and they said no. We chose to stay in that specific building to be by that waterpark, but really the short walk to the other water park was not a big deal.
The views of the ocean are great. The beach was beautiful. You should know that most rooms require going outside to get to the water parks, and it was very cold our first night there, so dress the kids accordingly when they run soaked to the room outside! The elevators were quick though and it was not a terrible problem. We bought the buffet the first night and it was served as an alacarte buffet due to low occupancy. That was fine by us as all the food was made fresh. But, the breakfast overall was very average. We were happy to go check out other local places for breakfast the next few days and spent less elsewhere too. But, the breakfast was not horrible, or unreasonably expensive, just decent. The parking across the street was not burdensome at all. The hotel is on a very quiet stretch, and was peaceful. So, overall we liked it a lot, but it was not perfect. I would stay there again if going to Myrtle beach, or might try someplace else. The indoor water park in the winter is the defining aspect of the place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dunes Village is home of the area’s only indoor water parks; 30,000 square feet of water fun! 4 adult-size water slides, water basketball, lazy rivers, kiddie pools, mushroom waterfalls and the list goes on. Tennis buffs stay limber on the tennis court and basketball fans shoot hoops on the basketball court. Children enjoy the year-round supervised activity program, giving parents an opportunity to sit back and relax knowing the kiddies are having fun of their own. Dine in one of the 2 onsite restaurants or sip a cup of coffee from Seattle’s Best Coffee. At the end of the day, our spacious studios, suites and condos are the perfect ending to a great day at this award winning resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers and getaroom.com so you can book your Dunes Village Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dunes Village Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Dunes Village Myrtle Beach
- Dunes Village Resort Myrtle Beach
- Myrtle Beach Dunes Village Resort
- Dunes Village Resort Motel