“Loved everything about my trip”

Dunes Village Resort
Ranked #8 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Our room was beautiful! Updated, spacious, and clean. The staff was wonderful. Everyone was so friendly and went out of their way to accommodate all of our needs. I truly enjoyed the personalities of the staff members

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank addomini75
Cari G, Manager at Dunes Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Thank you so much for sharing your 5 star review of Dunes Village Resort. We are glad that you LOVED everything about your visit with us. Our team is the best on the beach, full of energy and excitement and pure entertainment. We are glad that you noticed how fantastic our team is. Thanks for mentioning them, and thank you also for this lovely review. We hope you get another chance to come see us soon!

Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

I will start with the few suggestions I have for this place before writing about all the things I loved . The biggest suggestion I have is the glass top tables in the rooms , not very kid friendly or kid safe. And the house keeping wasn't always the greatest , we found old Chinese take out bags in one of the cabinets while unpacking , and our room only got cleaned three times in 6 nights because she kept coming during nap time and the never came back. Also one morning while walking my kids thru the hotel to the beach we walked past the restaurant and a manager was having a meeting in it and was giving a stern talking to about not letting people into the resort without wrist bands. Glad they are staying on top of it, just not sure guest should have to walk by a meeting like that while it's happening . But all in all this is a great family resort !! My twin 2 year olds LOVED the pool, beach, and playground. The staff was friendly and helpful and the room (besides the glass top tables ) was set up great for a family of 4. I wasn't a fan of the time share sales pitch in the lobby , but more and more resorts have these. It's a great resort, nothing that bad to say.

Stayed: April 2014
Cari G, Manager at Dunes Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your Dunes Village Resort experience. We are glad your family had such an enjoyable visit. We are very family-friendly, with plenty to do throughout the day. With our year-round planned activities and our 30,000 square feet of water park fun, it is hard to get bored.

We look forward to another visit with you soon. THanks again for the review.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

I was able to stay at this hotel for just $59 so a very good value for what I received! I did get in late and there was NO ONE around so I had to make a phone call to get someone to come up to the front desk (a little odd). When he did show up, I could tell he was embarrassed because he was not there so he was overly friendly to me and even offered to upgrade my room to a queen suite from a studio. The room itself was quite nice. Tasteful decor for sure even tho the outside of the hotel was not the most glamorous. Beautiful ocean view with a nice balcony. I did not get to enjoy the inddor waterpark but it looked VERY NICE. If you have kids this could be the hotel of choice! Looked quite impressive compared to other hotel waterparks!! I did call the front desk on the morning of my departure to see if I could extend my stay but the price the lady quoted me at for a studio was DOUBLE what I had just paid and if I wanted the queen it was TRIPLE. I did leave and stay at another hotel to preserve funds. Other than the debacle at the checkin it was a great stay. I would recommend this hotel if you have kids. If you do not have kids there are other hotels in town that you can stay at for this price that are a bit nicer so maybe you would want to look around. Im a hotel snob and I usually do not give good reviews on hotels that are not "luxurious feeling". This is an exception.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

We are pleased to hear that we are the exception to your self professed "hotel snob"ery. Dunes Village Resort tries very hard to please our guests, and while we may not be the most luxorious resort, we are definitely the most family-friendly and we have the best staff in Myrtle Beach to take care of your needs.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and thank you for seeing us for what we are, while still appreciating what we have. We hope to see you again sometime soon.

Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Always a great place to stay w the family. Clean clean clean resort excellent staff and amenities! ! Kids loved the indoor pools and slides. Room was excellent well kept and very clean. Look forward to our next trip here.

• Stayed: May 2014

We really appreciatae the nice things you had to say about Dunes Village Resort. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed yourselves, and we appreciate your mentioning how clean everything is. We try hard to keep the resort looking nice for our guests. We offer a lot of fun, and look forward to seeing you back for some more memory making very soon. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

We have always come back
Slog holy overpriced but can't complain got it via Priceline -;)

Very clean rooms
Friendly staff
Good parking

Good bar and good cocktails but you could use more Draft beer options

Starbucks close to the real thing -;)

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful review of Dunes Village Resort. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed so much of what we have to offer. We take pride in our property, doing our best to keep it clean and fresh for our guests. Thanks for noticing.

We would love to see you again. We hope you can make it back here agin soon for some more fun and family memories. See you then!

Reviewed 3 May 2014

We booked directly through the hotel. DVR was having a special for spring; We got a really good deal. The room was beautiful! it was a two bedroom ocean view nice kitchen, ceiling fans in two of the rooms, It had a washer/dryer in the unit which was very convenient. My daughter was so afraid to try the water slides; but by day two we couldn't get her to go anywhere else. the pool outside was heated and very enjoyable. I will definitely return to this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your wonderful 5 star review of Dunes Village Rsort. We are so glad to hear that your daughter warmed up and was comfortable sliding on the slide. It usually does not take too long, and they are off and running to the next fun thing!

We really appreciate all the kind things you had to share, and look forward to another visit very soon. See you then!

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Yesterday, we just returned from a trip to Myrtle Beach (SC). We stayed at Dunes Village Resort. We had a beachfront room. It was all good. First we were greeted by a friendly staff member Derek. Then we went to our room which was actually much larger than we expected. It is PERFECT for a young family with 2 kids: 2 good sized beds, a kitchenette, even 2 TVs and DVD players so the kids could watch what they want and I could watch NBA playoffs (sorry wifie no 3rd TV for you :o). The indoor waterpark(s) are fantastic. Our kids, 5 and 7, had a great time. But even I had a great time and other dads too on the water slides. The other games like pool, shuffleboard, Nintendo Wii were great to have too. We also enjoyed the buffet breakfast. Big shout out to Chef Jr who was preparing the fresh hand-made omelettes every day. The omelettes were great and he was a good guy too. Really, the entire staff was amazing. Sheila also was great at the front desk and helped us get our luggage from United (which had temporarily lost our bag.) Everybody was friendly and helpful and provided whatever we reasonably needed. It really made for a great vacation!!!

The only thing to slightly be aware of is that the accommodations are not lavish at all, really a little dated and in some cases needing some minor repair (We stayed in room 245). But given all of the other positives this wasn't a deal breaker for us at all.

I have only been back home a day and have already recommended this hotel to a friend who also has younger kids. Next time we are in Myrtle Beach, there is no question where we will be staying. I highly recommend Dunes Village Resort for families looking for a great time, great service and a great value!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank CDOSRUN

We are so happy to hear that you had such a wonderful visit with us here at Dunes Village Resort. We are grateful that you are already sharing your experience with others. Your 5 star review is wonderful, and greatly appreciated. We look forward to many more visits with you and your family. Thank you for sharing your 5 star review.