“Absolutely Wonderful and refreshing , did not want to leave wanted to move in.”

Dunes Village Resort
Ranked #8 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 May 2014

When me and my wife searched hotels like everyone else we are taking a huge chance. When you are ready for vacation you need rest and a no hassle experience. Well that is what you get at Dunes and I would be here all day telling you why. When we checked in the front desk manager Tyler was so very helpful took time to explain everything about the hotel and area, keep in mind he was at the end of his shift and I could not tell because he was very vibrant and overall wonderful, as I traveled through the lobby two days after check in he remembered my name saying hi to me, above and beyond for someone to do that, great work Tyler. Starbucks staff very friendly and overall wonderful best I have ever experienced, there was not a time I popped in "and I drink several coffees a day" where the staff was not happy to see me I had to hug Kiki as she made my coffee fresh . It is nice to go somewhere where you are welcomed to be and that sums up the staff at Dunes. The room was gorgeous great ocean front view , very clean " spotless" great work housekeeping staff, 2 TV's in my room every mans dream. Everyone and everything about the stay was wonderful and this is a five star hotel operating at 100 stars everyday. My advice stay there look no further I am a very hard person to please and Dunes went above and beyond , if you are like me burned out from work and wanna get away do it here I feel like a new person, if you have kids they will love the indoor water park

Great work Dunes see you soon

• Stayed May 2014
Cari G, Manager at Dunes Village Resort, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
That was one of the nicest reviews I have ever read! Thank you so much for sharing another Dunes Village Resort success story! The team we have gathered here appreciates our guests, and it shows in the way we take care of you. Thanks for mentioning Tyler and Kiki, both of whom are SUPERSTARS here.

We are pleased to hear that your entire stay was so great, and we look forward to some more memory making with you in the future. Come back soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,399)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Newport, Tennessee
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Dunes. Clean and comfortable rooms, friendly staff, housekeeping staff was tremendous and friendly. Asked for a particular floor when reservations were made, and was accommodated. We don't always find that at other resorts. Private balconies overlooking the ocean are great. Water park is fantastic. Breakfast was good. We love the waffles. Only questionable was that our server was not as attentive as we were accustomed to at Dunes. As soon as he knew we had already added his generous tip to our credit card, he became less attentive; seemingly only interested in his money.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JAYNE R
Cari G, Manager at Dunes Village Resort, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your lovely 5 star review of Dunes Village Resort. We appreciate your traveling all the way from Tennessee to join in on the fun here. We are so glad to hear that your stay was so wonderful, in spite of the experience you had in the Admirals' Room. The team in there is usually quite attentive, so I apologize for that not being the case for your meal.

We are also glad to hear that we were able to accomodate your room location request. Sometimes that is not possible, but we make every effort to satisfy our guests wishes. The request is not a guarantee that we will be able to honor, but as I said, we do our very best.

Thank you again for choosing Dunes Village Resort for your get-away. See you again soon!
Asheboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 9 May 2014

an excellent place to stay. close to restaurants and shopping. staff was excellent. will stay at The Dunes again.The valet service was great. It saved us from walking to our car.thanks for a great vacation.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Cari G, Manager at Dunes Village Resort, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Thank you for choosing to spend your get-away here at Dunes Village Resort. We are pleased to hear that you had such a great visit with us. Valet is the best amenity, taking care of retrieving your car as many times as you want them to for a small fee. Even if you forget something out of your car, they will get that for you too! Thanks for mentioning them, and thank you also for tkaing the time to share your 5 star review. See you soon for some more fun!
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I loved this resort! I traveled with my mother and two kids and we all enjoyed it. Our first time to Myrtle Beach but we will definitely be back. The hotel is right on the beach and we can just walk outside and play. The weather did not cooperate with us but Thankfully we had the two waterparks that my kids loved! The parking garage is a sore when you forget your phone charger in the car and have to walk across the street at night but that's my only complaint. lol. Oh and the Wi-Fi isn't the best in the rooms. There were nightly activities and games for the kids. Great Hotel!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Cari G, Manager at Dunes Village Resort, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time ot share your wonderful review of Dunes Village Resort. We love to hear when the family has a great vacation! We offer so much in the way of entertainment and we are glad you were able to enjoy it all. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

We truly has a great vacation. The price was great and the value was awesome! Tons of amenities, very clean, and friendly staff. We truly had a wonderful time! The only thing that I didn't like was the extremely firm mattresses. That was it though! Thanks for the wonderful vacation.

• Stayed May 2014
Cari G, Manager at Dunes Village Resort, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
We are so glad to hear that your visit with us here at Dunes Village Resort was so wonderful for you. Thanks for taking the time to share your 5 star review. We don't often hear that the mattresses are uncomfortable, so I am sorry that yours were not to your liking. But, it does not sound like a major concern since all the rest of the offerings are perfect. Waterparks, mini golf, planned activities daily and somuch more truly give value to our resort, and we appreciate your noticing. Thakns for choosing us for your get-away. See you next time!
Fayetteville, North Carolina
Reviewed 7 May 2014

My 4 teenage grandchildren and I arrived at the Dunes Village and were met by hotel staff who were very courteous and helpful getting us unloaded and checked into our condo. We were pleasantly surprised when we opened the door finding a balloon bouquet and birthday cake waiting! This was an added unknown extra and was much appreciated since we were actually celebrating all 5 of our birthdays with this trip! We really enjoyed our stay and had no problem with the teens finding things to do and keeping busy while staying in a very safe environment! This is the place to go to with children and packs a lot of bang for your bucks!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Cari G, Manager at Dunes Village Resort, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Thank you for sharing your wonderful 5 star review. There was a rumor that you were there to celebrate some birthdays, so we thought we would try to add a little to the festivities. I hope the cake was as good as it looked!

Happy Birthday to the celebrants. Happy memories made in a wonderful environment. We are so glad that everything was so fantastic for you. We hope you choose Dunes Village Resort to celebrate many more birthdays. See you next time!
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 5 May 2014

You will love this resort for your children. They have tons to do and if it rains you still have the indoor water parks and activity schedule for crafts and various things for kids. Our second time here and we will return soon!! Prices are reasonable and it's beautiful and very clean.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Emily H
Cari G, Manager at Dunes Village Resort, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Clean, beautiful, fun, family oriented. These things are what we are best known for, and we are so glad to hear that you noticed some of our best features. It is great to hear when we impress out guests, and it sounds like we did with you. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. We appreciate the 5 star review, and look forward to another visit with you soon.