My wife found Dunes Village online by chance when we were looking for a family vacation near the beach 5 years ago. We've gone back every year since!
The Staff: The front desk is amazing - and extremely friendly. Tanya has checked us in the past 2 (maybe 3) years now, and she's always smiling and so helpful regardless of how long the line is. Whenever you see an employee in the hall or on the elevator, they always ask you how your stay is going, and make sure you have everything you need. Housekeeping does a great job too! They would do fun things with my daughters stuffed animals every day, and she'd be so excited to come back to the room from the beach to see what they did.
The room: The view... I look forward to that all year. There isn't another hotel on the south side tower and you can see all the way down to the ferris wheel. You can also see fireworks from the baseball stadium (currently on Monday nights). The beds are good, not great - but, the room is clean, well taken care of, and was very spacious (we get a 2 bedroom suite). The full kitchen is stocked with everything you'd need to prepare a meal if you don't feel like going out.
The resort: Our kids (7 and 12) love the waterslides, and playing basketball in the pool. Not all that enjoyable for adults, but, that's what the 5 indoor hot tubs and 2 lazy rivers are for. There's also shuffle board, large scale checkers and chess, plus pool tables and ping pong located around the pool areas. Every day there is an activity for the kids - everything from face painting, tattoos, arts/crafts, scavenger hunts, etc. Most are free, but some do have a small fee associated with them. The beach is right out the back door, and you can go from your room to chairs on the sand in less than 5 minutes.
Restaurants: I can honestly say, I've never eaten at the resort. There are so many choices around town that we never seem to think to stay at the resort for a meal.
Overall: It never gets old... we're going back next year, and every year after that. We love the staff, the resort, the town - everything.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dunes Village is home of the area’s only indoor water parks; 30,000 square feet of water fun! 4 adult-size water slides, water basketball, lazy rivers, kiddie pools, mushroom waterfalls and the list goes on. Tennis buffs stay limber on the tennis court and basketball fans shoot hoops on the basketball court. Children enjoy the year-round supervised activity program, giving parents an opportunity to sit back and relax knowing the kiddies are having fun of their own. Dine in one of the 2 onsite restaurants or sip a cup of coffee from Seattle’s Best Coffee. At the end of the day, our spacious studios, suites and condos are the perfect ending to a great day at this award winning resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Dunes Village Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dunes Village Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Dunes Village Myrtle Beach
- Dunes Village Resort Myrtle Beach
- Myrtle Beach Dunes Village Resort
- Dunes Village Resort Motel