Dunes Village Resort
Island Vista(Myrtle Beach)
US$338
Best Western Plus Grand Strand Inn & Suites(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$203
US$191
Dayton House Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$209
US$178
Official Site
Sea Crest Oceanfront Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$158
US$214
US$362
Hotelpower.com
6,341 results
All reviewsindoor waterparkwater parkcaptain's cafepalmetto toweracross the streetping pongocean frontqueen suitekids activitieslazy riverangle oceanfrontpalms buildingshuffle boardparking garagefamily vacationwasher and dryerfull kitchen
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I took our 15 month old daughter here for a beach vacation. Right on the beach with lots of water activities and other activities for older children. We had a 1 bedroom queen suite with a balcony and ocean view. We loved having the balcony as the baby went to bed early! It was very clean. I did kill one small black bug, but did not feel like it was "buggy". The room could use some updating. The bedding, couch, and curtains were just outdated, but not torn or anything. We did eat at two of the restaurants. Captains Cafe for lunch, it was pricey but good. We did the breakfast buffet at Admirals Room and it was okay, more like a continental breakfast. We would definitely go back!

Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 10 July 2014

This was our first time to Myrtle Beach also to Dunes Village, We loved it the kids loved it!! There was so many activities to do with the kids they didn't want to leave... We will be returning next year, just with an ocean front view instead of an angle view, the angle view was okay we just wanted to see more of the beach..Overall we had lots of fun!

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Our stay was from June 22 through the 28th. Driving from Ohio came down on Saturday and stayed at a hotel in NC to rest up and let the kids swim and prepare for our Myrtle Beach vacation starting on Sunday. We arrived at Dunes around 1pm well before the check in time. I was expecting to just check in and pay for the stay, and maybe use the public restroom for us to change into our suits and go to the pool, to wait for our room to be ready... But no it was ready when we got there which really made me happy. So we got to unload the car together, and go right up to the room. We stayed in a Oceanfront Queen Suite which is the same room we stayed at last time but had the extended balcony. I really wanted this again but it was sold out, there are perks to booking early. But the suite has everything you need, just fill the fridge and the freezer with food is what we did so we could cook breakfast and lunch to save a little money. But Monday after going to the local Walmart coming back realizing that the Refrigerator, was not working. Had to call the front and have maintenance check it out, I stayed up in the room for almost 2 hours while the rest of the family was down at the beach, This did frustrate me since i kept calling front desk and they kept telling me someone was on their way up. I found out later i didn't have to wait in the room....I REALLY WISH THEY WOULD HAVE TOLD ME THAT WHEN I CALLED...Long story short. they swapped the old fridge for a new one. Problem solved just wasted some of my precious vacation time waiting..Great Pools...attractions for the kids. Day that it rained we were able to stay inside and swim still. The biggest issue i could say i have with Dunes Village is that the beds are not comfortable at all...for me at least. Everyone has their own opinions when it comes to mattresses. These were bad for me, had back pain almost every day. So it is a good possibility our next stay i will be looking into a different Family Resort. But I do love the location of Dunes Village and all the amenities. You just have to drive to really get to anything, no restaurants within walking distance or stores or attractions. Not an issue though i really like being on the north side in the residential part of Myrtle.. Get down to the pool early before 9am before it opens. People must go down there and put towels down before it opens. just an FYI. There is one restaurant in the tower we stayed in the Palmetto tower. Our last night there i ordered she-crab soup. worst i have ever tasted. They did take it off the bill. but the food there is mostly bar food a few entrees, though the crab cakes are pretty good and so are the hush puppies. All in all i would recommend Dunes Village.

Room Tip: 8th Floor i really liked.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Jonathan K
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Nice place to stay for the kids. It has water parks, beach access and kids activity room. Rooms are a bit dates but overall was satisfied with what we got. Would stay again but with and ocean view versus a partial ocean view. staff is nice but in/out can be nuts.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Our room had a great view, great service, clean rooms!!! We'll be back! We got a two bedroom angled deluxe and the view was amazing! We faced south side so no building obstructing our view! :) The water park was a huge attraction for us since we have kids that love swimming.

• Stayed: May 2014