Dunes Village Resort
US$232
US$202
US$249
US$181
Dayton House Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$117
Sea Crest Oceanfront Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$163
Island Vista(Myrtle Beach)
US$534
US$462
6,332 results
All reviewsindoor waterparkwater parkcaptain's cafepalmetto toweracross the streetping pongocean frontqueen suitelazy riverkids activitiesangle oceanfrontpalms buildingshuffle boardparking garagefamily vacationwasher and dryerfull kitchen
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Just got back home from a weeklong stay at Dunes Village. The overall experience this week was amazing. The whole family had an amazing time (two adults and two 8 year olds.)

The whole check in process was a breeze. It was nice to be greeted as soon as we pulled up with someone willing to help us out and direct us as to what we needed to do. Plenty of room to park and unload and at no point did we feel we were rushed and not to mention we were a few hours early to our check in time. Walked right in and was greeted with a huge smile at the front desk and quickly checked in and was informed our room was in fact already ready. I know some people have mentioned in previous reviews about the wait time for the elevators, I can honestly say they only time we really waiting any length of time for the elevator was that first time going up to our room (which can be expected as a lot of people were checking in about the same time we were.) It wasn’t a long wait either, but just a tab bit more than normal I think. This didn’t bother us at all. After we checked in and unloaded in our room (will talk about the room later) I was given directions to the parking garage. It is across the street like many have stated and just slightly down the street from the tower we were staying in. If you are staying in the other tower it is directly across the street. I will say the parking garage is very nice and actually spacious compared to what others have said. Only once during our stay did we have to park on the top floor and that was only because we were not getting back till after 11PM. Getting in and out was a breeze and never did I feel unsafe like some other people have posted. Would it be nice if the parking situation was attached to the actual hotel, sure but I understand why it’s not that way.

Onto the room. The room is for the most part very spacious. The only part that seems a little cramped is the entry way seeing how the kitchenette, bathroom, and door are all right there. Didn’t bother us, but I can see where that may be a slight inconvenience for some. Having the full size fridge was very helpful. The room and bathroom were very clean and the décor seemed to be on par with other hotels in the area. Is the décor up to 2014? No, but then again why do people really care, if you are coming to the beach for an up to date decorated room then you are coming for the wrong reason if you ask me. I didn’t think I was in the 70s or 80s when sitting in my room and looking at the walls or window dressings. The beds were fairly comfortable, more firm than I am used to at home, but comfortable nonetheless. The “sitting area” was nice and is where my two daughters ate most of their lunches. My wife and I on the other hand ate most of our lunches on their very nice balcony overlooking the ocean. So overall the room was great. The only thing that didn’t work was one of the burners on the stove, which wasn’t really all that big of a deal. Probably could have called and had someone come up and look at it and fix it, but it really wasn’t worth the time. Very pleased with the room.

As for the hotel amenities what more could you really ask for in a beach front hotel. A couple different restaurants on site and even a Starbucks. We visited both restaurants and can say the food at The Captain’s Café was great, the service was a little lacking though. We overheard one of the servers say that it was due to a shift change which very well could have been but it really could have been a lot better. On the other hand was the Admirals Room for breakfast, the food was lacking a little but the service was excellent. It wasn’t that the food was bad, it just wasn’t really anything to write home about. The pools and indoor water parks were great. Very clean. Saw the pools being cleaned every morning and even the temperature and pH checked periodically throughout the day. Nice to see them staying on top of things like that. The staff at the pools were great too and the pools side bars were a nice place to get a cold drink or some snacks for the kids. My kids didn’t participate in any of the daily kids activities, not because they didn’t look exciting or anything but mainly because we just did our own thing. If you are coming with just one kid though it may be something to look into to keep the occupied for a little while and allow them to have fun with some other kids.

So as you can tell the family and I had a great time at Dunes. Other than the couple slight “hiccups” that occurred the overall stay was a 10 out of 10. We wouldn’t hesitate to come back and visit this resort again and hope to as soon as possible.

Room Tip: Try if at all possible to get a room that is maybe on the 4th floor or higher. We were on the 8th and loved it.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Todd B
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I just returned from a 4 day stay & I can't say enough great things about this resort! Friendly staff, great food, clean spacious rooms, & so many wonderful activities for the kids!!! We had a ball & hated to leave...

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

There's a reason DVR is a top 10 resort in MB! This place is outstanding from top to bottom! We have stayed here three weeks now in three years! It's my families vacation of choice for a family that takes ONE vacation per year! Please note that I have three children ages 2-7, so as they get older, we may change where we vacation, but for our present situation, this is the most fun vacation location we go to, which is why we keep going back! MB is a fun family place on its own, but when you can stay in an almost all-inclusive resort (food/drink not included) like this with all the amenities you could ask for, there's really no reason not to go anywhere else. Aside from going out to dinner, we never left the resort...just too many reasons to stay and play! We will certainly be back!

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank rcoolman1024
Reviewed 27 July 2014

The best place available for a great family vacation! Been staying here for vacation several years now both Summer and winter. Great Place! Great accommodations! Great Staff! Kids activities are some of the best. Activities keep the kids busy morning, afternoon, and evenings. Even the adults found some of the kids activities very entertaining! :-)

Room Tip: Rooms are quiet with easy access.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Bernard B
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Overall the staff was friendly, courteous and helpful. We loved our room and it's accommodations. The view was awesome. We could see the ocean and view of downtown area. Rooms were clean, furniture was newer. We had the angle view with two bedrooms. The kitchen/dining was nice for meals and accommodating for larger group. I loved having the washer/dryer in our room. It was small but met our needs. The elevators for guests or parking structure weren't air conditioned but that maybe normal to the area. If we needed anything guest services helped and followed up. We can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: July 2014