“family vacation again” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Lexington, South Carolina
“family vacation again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

We have been staying at Dunes for quite while for our family vacation and weekend get away. The only thing that needs to be done, in my opinion, is to speed up at check in. Now keep in mind this is a big resort and summer time is very busy, but I think more than two attendants maybe necessary. Staff is always friendly, housekeep is great, security looks out for the resort's best interest and kids safety, pools are clean and so was the resort as well. Valet parking is very helpful and courteous to the customer. It can be a little expensive, but what this resort has to offer, it is well worth it. We have already made our reservation for next year at this resort.

Location
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Cari G, Manager at Dunes Village Resort, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts on Dunes Village Resort. We appreciate your feedback, and have hopefully corrected the check-in process concern you had. We are pleased to hear that we have been your go-to destination for some time now, and hope we continue to wow you! We look forward to your next visit! Thanks again for the 5 star review!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,328)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

My family and I have been staying here now for 6 years! Any problem we have ever had Adam, the GM, handled graciously! !!

The food service staff is second to none. Dan the Food & Beverage Director is funny, personable, and pleasant! !! The bartenders are awesome. Mike is top nktch...Second to none. He is always attentive and keeps everyone smiling and laughing..... Colin, Eric, Doc,Joe, and my man Laron with of course the assistance of Cucchi are the best... The kids have a great time with all the activities and parents enjoy their selves with the assistance of all the guys above!!!#

If everything else was bad (which it wasn't) the group from the food and beverage staff make tge trip all the more better....

Until next year...

Dan O. From Philly!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Dan O
Thanks so much for the wonderful things you ahd to share regarding your recent Dunes Village Resort vacation. We are so pleased to hear that we keep impressing you, and that we are able to handle any concerns you have. Adam is one of the best in the business in keeping guests happy! And, the Food and Beverage crew you mentioned are all top-notch, ensuring our guests have all their needs met.

Thanks for spending so many vacations with us! We are glad to have you as part of the Dunes Village Resort family. See you soon!
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

My family of 5 (kids 10, 16, 18) plus grandparents enjoyed our week at Dunes Village. Most of our time was spent on the beautiful beach. The sand is lovely and the waves are awesome. At night we found sand crabs. If you have your own chairs and umbrellas set them up on the beach at the edge of the resort so that you don't have to sit behind the umbrella/chair rentals on the beach in front of the resort. My daughter enjoyed the kids activities and we all liked the pools and water slides. Our 2 bedroom villa was nice and our balcony on the side of the building still had a nice view of the ocean. The parking structure was a bit of a hassle being across the street, but I understand that is the best place. My only issue is that there were never any towels by the indoor or outdoor pools. Overall, a great place for a family vacation!!!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank summergirl91
Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful review of Dunes Village Resort. We are so pleased to hear that you and your family had such a great experience with us. Thanks, also, for understanding that out garage is across the street in order to offer more ocean views from the rooms.

We hope you and your family come again for some more memory making. See you next time!
Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

We stayed at the dunes for a week, in a in a 3 bedroom angled ocean view condo. One day the room was not serviced by housekeeping at all. I called after coming in from the beach and was assured that housekeeping would be right up. A few hours later my daughter called and was once again assured they were coming, when we called again the front desk told us housekeeping was done for the day. We finally settled for clean towels. Another day housekeeping came during diner - we settled again for clean towels. The trash was also not emptied on two days (six people, one a baby with dirty diapers can make a lot trash). We also had a problem with the Cabana we rented, I called a month ahead of time to reserve the cabana and requested a specific one (#4). When we checked in the cabana we wanted was not available (it was when I reserved it). The manager didn't care and said to me "well if you don't want the one we have you dont have to take it". I found this very rude. It seems for the price of the room, housekeeping and the front desk could use training in customer service. The indoor water park is nice, the kids loved it and the daily crafts and activities were wonderful for the kids. The girls that ran the crafts and games were much better trained than the rest of the staff. I hope that they read these reviews and get their staff trained.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Pks1000
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

My family and I visit the Dunes a lot because we live in NC and the staff at the Dunes have made it impossible for me to stay anywhere else. I recently took my husband to the Dunes for a kid free birthday weekend. The staff arranged for this to be a perfect birthday weekend for my husband. Chef Moen and Jamal (#1 Omelet Maker) came to our room and provided a personal chef experience. We had cheese tray to nibble on while they set up, salad, steak and shrimp, and cheesecake for dessert. Chef Moen made sure there was a full spread. (I will try to post pictures but not sure if I will have any luck). Even if I get the pictures to post it will not do any justice to how wonderful everything really was. I would recommend this if you are trying to do a little something special or different.
I also read some of the recent reviews I am always curious when I see people with negatives because I just have not had a negative experience yet and we have been going to the Dunes for three years and at least three times during the summer months.
The staff at the Dunes has always been nothing but wonderful and accommodating to us. One comment I saw was in regards to the bartender at the Tiki Bar. Colin is the bartender and he has a very explosive, all over the place personality which is personally what I am looking for when I am on vacay and sitting at a bar. If you would like a quieter more laid back bar you can always go to the inside restaurant.
I have never felt that the Dunes was a waste of money and this last experience put my feelings about the resort over the top!!! It is a great resort, trust me you will love it.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Crystal W
Lookout Mountain, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

My family and I recently visited the Dunes, as we have for several years now. I must say that with six boys in tow, at times it can be hard to entertain them all or even keep them in one place. I wanted to extend my gratitude and compliment one of the employees at the Dunes for being exceptional at his job and also being quite entertaining for our entire group. Colin from the tiki bar exhibited excellent service and interaction with us and has done so since we have been vacationing at the Dunes. We always look forward to coming back knowing that we will get to enjoy our time at the pool and tiki bar with Colin at our service. Another wonderful vacation in the memory books. Thanks Dune Village and Colin!

Lara Munford
Georgia

Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Service is what we are known for here at Dunes Village Resort. Our team is here to help you enjoy your vacation and provide you with all the things you need to have a wonderful time with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed so much of what we have to offer, and we look forward to many more visits with you and your family. Thanks for the awesome 5 star review! See you next time!
Hilton, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

We stood for a week and it was an OK stay. Not horrible but nothing to brag about. For the price I was expecting more. The room was decent, an ocean front view. They didn't clean it very well and was actually asked by one of the cleaners if I wanted to vacuum the rug. The DJ was good for the kids. They have a great glow party for the kids which was really nice. The one thing is was really turned off about was something of mine came up missing. Wasn't anything big but I had money in it also. When I brought it up to the attendants attention not once but twice it was an "oh well your fault for losing it" type of response, when clearly it was one of their guest or one of their employees who took it. For the money I spent there I would have appreciated a little more focus on trying to find it or maybe doing something to make it right. A dinner pass or something. Just didn't feel appreciated at all. I will not be returning to this hotel but will be staying up farther north next time

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends