I wanted to share with you regarding my previous stay on 8/12-8/15! The Dunes has been a place for my family and I to visit for the past 6yrs and during that time some things have changed but no worse than some other resorts that I've vacationed in! On this past visit my husband, son and I spent three days that definitely started out on the ZERO end of the scale! Let me explain...you see during the past couple of times that we've stayed the condo hadn't been cleaned properly and this time unfortunately was no exception! After driving 4.5 hours all that we wanted to do was to shower...relax...eat...and begin to enjoy our vacation. But instead the room was less than something that I would allow my pets to sleep in as far as cleanliness and the people under our condo on the lower floor played loud music until almost midnight and until 1am the following night...UGH! There are always kids splashing around in the spa pool and I feel and also other adults that we met felt that they should not be in there but everytime I go it's always the same! Now for the POSITIVE....I want to give KUDOS to Ray, Cat, Cari, Adam, Rashawnda, Angel, Holly, Courtney, Laron, Tina, Derek and Lisa! These fine people from the Management team, Customer Care/Check-in, Restaurant, and Housekeeping, went ABOVE and BEYOND to correct what was wrong and did everything in their power to makeup for the travesty that we had encountered upon our arrival. I was literally in tears and could not believe that this was happening yet again!
My husband was also MORE than upset at the condition of the condo which took almost 3.5 hours to re-clean...but Management-(Holly, Adam, Cari, and Derek) came to my aid and patiently listened to my concerns. I was never rushed by either of them when stating my frustrations and complaints. They each showed and were geniuenly concerned regarding the state of affairs at hand. Housekeeping-(Cat, Rashawnda, and Angel) constantly checked on us during the rest of our stay to ensure that we were made comfortable, and (Courtney and Laron) showed concern and compassion for the unfortunate state of the room and gave us stellar treatment in the restaurant. (Lisa and Tina) were fantastic at check-in and check-out and wanted to know if there was anything that they could do for us once they found out what had happened. Now the main man of the hour...Ray...OMG!!!! If management EVER loses him it will be a devastating loss for the resort itself!
Would I stay there again...YES I believe that I would! Not because I'm still NOT pissed off regarding how my vacation started out yet AGAIN....but because these fine people truly care about their guest and they go out of their way to show it! I won't show you pictures because everything was corrected...but all that I have to say is if you have a problem please give them a fair chance and they will definitely go out of their way to make you feel special and to ensure that the rest of your stay is relaxing and exactly what it should be...a well deserved vacation! Thanks again everyone...I WON'T GIVE UP ON YOU...you're a GREAT group of people...see you in December!
I gave three stars for the condition of the room upon arrival...but it's a GREAT RESORT and lots of activities for the kids from infants to teens!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chosen as one of the WORLD'S top 1% of Hotels by Expedia Insider's Select 2008 and Voted #2 in Family Hotels in the UNITED STATES by Travelers Choice Awards, Dunes Village is home of the area’s only indoor water parks; 30,000 square feet of water fun! 4 adult-size waterslides, water basketball, lazy rivers, kiddie pools, mushroom waterfalls and the list goes on. Tennis buffs stay limber on the tennis court and basketball fans shoot hoops on the basketball court. Children enjoy the year-round supervised activity program, giving parents an opportunity to sit back and relax knowing the kiddies are having fun of their own. Dine in one of the 2 onsite restaurants or sip a cup of coffee from Seattle’s Best Coffee. At the end of the day, our spacious studios, suites and condos are the perfect ending to a great day at this award winning resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Dunes Village Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dunes Village Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Dunes Village Myrtle Beach
- Dunes Village Resort Myrtle Beach
- Myrtle Beach Dunes Village Resort
- Dunes Village Resort Motel