“had a great time!!”

Ranked #9 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Manville, New Jersey
“had a great time!!”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

We arrived at the hotel after a long drive. The check in staff was quick and friendly. Our room was ready upon our arrival and clean! We were able to take time to unload in front of the hotel prior to parking in the parking garage (located just across the street). The pools and indoor water park are open until 11 which allowed us time to swim and play after we went to our room. There is a starbucks indoors as well as 2 different cafes for breakfast, lunch & dinner. The tiki bar was loved by my husband. The 2 different water parks were loved by my children! We had a ocean front room which was loved by me! The gift shop had everything we needed and more! Overall we had an incredible vacation & we definitely plan on returning next summer.

1 Thank amysB3821UN

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,381)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 August 2014

This was our first time staying at Dunes Village and we were very pleased with our experience. This resort is specifically oriented for families with children (under 15), with daily activities, water parks, pools, etc.....but still things for adults as well (Tiki Bar has a great "bucket or rum" drink that was good!). Prices are reasonable. Great location with easy (free) parking across the street in a key controlled indoor garage (Valet available for $12 a day).
The room was clean, but perhaps a bit worn/outdated but with a true OCEANFRONT view RIGHT on the beach. We stayed in an Oceanfront Queen Suite that had a couch (fold-out), (2) TVs and DVDs, Full kitchen w/eating counter, small dinette, Murphy Bed, WASHER & DRYER in room (BIG plus), and a back bedroom with (2) Queen Bedrooms. Bathroom was spacious and clean. Nice towels, sheets, pillows, and extra blankets. A/C worked without a hitch. Some very mirror issues with appliances...MW over the range didn't work (but there was already a countertop MW in the room to address this), very small leak on the DW tub seal that left a very small puddle of water on the tile floor after running it. Overall, these minor details did not detract from the overall use of the space. Housekeeping was polite and thorough.
I would recommend this resort to all looking for a great family vacation! We would stay again!

Room Tip: I called a few days before arrival to request that they add a note to the reservation that we would...
1 Thank Bill P
Randleman, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We stayed mid-August for 4 nights-5 days and had a terrific time. The staff from start to finish was great. Arrived prior to 4 pm check in and room wasn't quite ready but they kept promise and called when room was ready which wasn't very long. They honored our request for a higher floor and we loved the view. We stayed in an Angle Oceanview Queen Suite. Everything was very clean and housekeeping was always helpful. Enjoyed the pools and waterpark and access to the beach was great. Only downside to stay was elevator in the parking garage was slow but I only saw one working the times we were there. The parking deck was well lit and clean and secured by gates. We ate breakfast at the Captain's Cafe and they had everything you could think of and more for breakfast at a comparable price to other breakfast restaurants on the Strand. Food was good. We plan on going back next year.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

This was our first trip to Dunes Village and it won't be our last! First off, Sheila at the front desk when we checked in was so sweet, polite, courteous, helpful, and just happy to be there. She gave the perfect first impression! Our daughter enjoyed all of the fun water park amenities. Access to the beach was very convenient. The process to load and unload the car was also very easy. We had one maintenance issue with our toilet that actually required a new toilet but the maintenance staff were very quick and professional while taking care of it that it was no inconvenience to us! Again...great hotel and great staff!! We will definitely recommend to friends and family!

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank smile5552
Reviewed 20 August 2014

This is a great place for families with kids 15 and younger. They will never get tired of the things to do.

However, It is not good at all for couples that wish a romantic getaway or senior citizens. It is not designed for them. But especially, the facility fails terribly for handicapped persons, persons on crutches and in wheelchairs. If you fall in any group other than a family with kids, do not come here. You will be disappointed!

The young ladies at the help desks were not very friendly and acted like they could care less about helping. Forget the maid service. After repeated attempts to get things done, I just gave up. The response of the day manager was that they get a number of complaints. But they do not do anything about it. The do not have to, given the demand.

The pools were good. They did not have a handicapped access to the beach, nor did they show us where to get public handicap access. I've had better service in hotels in downtown Wash DC for the same prices.

Room Tip: Personally, I like higher up the better. Less noise from the pool areas.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Ray D
McLeansville, North Carolina
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I wanted to share with you regarding my previous stay on 8/12-8/15! The Dunes has been a place for my family and I to visit for the past 6yrs and during that time some things have changed but no worse than some other resorts that I've vacationed in! On this past visit my husband, son and I spent three days that definitely started out on the ZERO end of the scale! Let me explain...you see during the past couple of times that we've stayed the condo hadn't been cleaned properly and this time unfortunately was no exception! After driving 4.5 hours all that we wanted to do was to shower...relax...eat...and begin to enjoy our vacation. But instead the room was less than something that I would allow my pets to sleep in as far as cleanliness and the people under our condo on the lower floor played loud music until almost midnight and until 1am the following night...UGH! There are always kids splashing around in the spa pool and I feel and also other adults that we met felt that they should not be in there but everytime I go it's always the same! Now for the POSITIVE....I want to give KUDOS to Ray, Cat, Cari, Adam, Rashawnda, Angel, Holly, Courtney, Laron, Tina, Derek and Lisa! These fine people from the Management team, Customer Care/Check-in, Restaurant, and Housekeeping, went ABOVE and BEYOND to correct what was wrong and did everything in their power to makeup for the travesty that we had encountered upon our arrival. I was literally in tears and could not believe that this was happening yet again!

My husband was also MORE than upset at the condition of the condo which took almost 3.5 hours to re-clean...but Management-(Holly, Adam, Cari, and Derek) came to my aid and patiently listened to my concerns. I was never rushed by either of them when stating my frustrations and complaints. They each showed and were geniuenly concerned regarding the state of affairs at hand. Housekeeping-(Cat, Rashawnda, and Angel) constantly checked on us during the rest of our stay to ensure that we were made comfortable, and (Courtney and Laron) showed concern and compassion for the unfortunate state of the room and gave us stellar treatment in the restaurant. (Lisa and Tina) were fantastic at check-in and check-out and wanted to know if there was anything that they could do for us once they found out what had happened. Now the main man of the hour...Ray...OMG!!!! If management EVER loses him it will be a devastating loss for the resort itself!

Would I stay there again...YES I believe that I would! Not because I'm still NOT pissed off regarding how my vacation started out yet AGAIN....but because these fine people truly care about their guest and they go out of their way to show it! I won't show you pictures because everything was corrected...but all that I have to say is if you have a problem please give them a fair chance and they will definitely go out of their way to make you feel special and to ensure that the rest of your stay is relaxing and exactly what it should be...a well deserved vacation! Thanks again everyone...I WON'T GIVE UP ON YOU...you're a GREAT group of people...see you in December!

I gave three stars for the condition of the room upon arrival...but it's a GREAT RESORT and lots of activities for the kids from infants to teens!

Room Tip: The angle oceanfront is great and you can indeed see the ocean and also look down the beach at the b...
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this resort annually since 2009 to celebrate our child's birthday. On July 18th I spoke with Shelia at the front desk to make an inquiry about breakfast. She replied with such kindness, professionalism, and care I was appalled. This lady is a testimony of true care and commitment to her job. This was followed with interacting with chef Jamal in the dining area, who make the best omelets every year. Lone wasb He is very kind and professional as well. Dunes Village should promote these individuals who are exemplary leaders! Sincerely Irene

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family