We arrived on 6/15 and we were checked in within minutes. The staff were very friendly and knowledgeable of the hotel and the amenities, plus area happenings for our family to enjoy. We stayed on the 12th floor, in room 1220 which is an angle-view room which was beyond any of our expectations. We had tons of stuff that we had brought for the trip, and all that we basically needed was toothbrush/paste, comb/brush, beach shoes, shorts, tops, and a bathing suit, sunscreen, and sun glasses! My 12 year old son, and 6 year old grandson fell in love with the place for the awesome water park! My adult daughter's, mom, and husband just fell in love with the comfort and the beauty of the surroundings. The room was well maintained, we had 3bdrms/2bths and a full kitchen, washer/dryer, utensils, pots/pans, dishes, dish liquid, dishwasher powder, soap, everything was already there! The only thing that you might have needed to bring was paper towels, oh yeah and food...but it was a fantastic place!
Pros-Great staff, very courteous, very friendly, great ocean view, clean beach, clean pools, clean water park, great food...the buffet breakfast is to die for, great steaks at the restaurant, excellent not overpriced gift shop, the valet service is great, the hotel itself is clean, clean, clean, activities at different hours for the kids, some with a small fee, but not overpriced, the beds were extremely comfortable, the bathrooms within the rooms were a great size, 4 TV's so no arguing about who was watching what, but with so many activities no one had time for television!
Cons-the parking garage is across the street, but if you unload in front of the hotel and take your stuff up to the room, it's only one trip to the garage and it does have an elevator, and main road traffic will stop and let you cross. We only left the hotel once so it didn't matter. There needs to be more supervision and policies enforced in the pool and water play areas, kids diving in front of you in a 3 ft pool when it's clearly stated no diving. Teenagers rough-housing in the pools, and very immature adults jumping in the pool and splashing my daughter and my two year old grandson. A few adults had their beer coolers sitting around the pool play area. I did tell the water park staff and was informed to complain at the front desk. Rude people over us who kept banging, and jumping on the ceiling all night, and our housekeeper didn't do a good job at cleaning the bathrooms, replenishing our towels, or making all the beds because there was a dirty towel left on one of the beds, we were told that she wasn't supposed to remove anything from the beds! We had to speak with the front desk several times because of this and to the head housekeeper who came in and made everything right. We had several bulbs that needed to be replaced in lamps and it was taken care of on day two, but we never did receive the other bar stool in our room, but with so much space we really didn't miss it. I did have a major concern regarding the glass top table with a two year old, but my husband just removed it and put it behind the sofa until we left. But anything that we needed or had concerns about were rectified faster than I could put down the receiver on the phone. (and one of the phones had no cord, but I only used the phone to call the front desk anyway!)
That's the only reason that I could not give the hotel 5 stars, but we will definitely go back every year! Overall, an awesome, clean, kid-friendly, family environment! I actually shed a tear when we left, we were soooo impressed that we stayed an extra night!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dunes Village is home of the area’s only indoor water parks; 30,000 square feet of water fun! 4 adult-size water slides, water basketball, lazy rivers, kiddie pools, mushroom waterfalls and the list goes on. Tennis buffs stay limber on the tennis court and basketball fans shoot hoops on the basketball court. Children enjoy the year-round supervised activity program, giving parents an opportunity to sit back and relax knowing the kiddies are having fun of their own. Dine in one of the 2 onsite restaurants or sip a cup of coffee from Seattle’s Best Coffee. At the end of the day, our spacious studios, suites and condos are the perfect ending to a great day at this award winning resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Priceline, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Dunes Village Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dunes Village Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Dunes Village Myrtle Beach
- Dunes Village Resort Myrtle Beach
- Myrtle Beach Dunes Village Resort
- Dunes Village Resort Motel