“Great Amenities, Less traffic, Huge rooms!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dunes Village Resort

Dunes Village Resort
Ranked #8 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Greenville, South Carolina
“Great Amenities, Less traffic, Huge rooms!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2010

I love staying at this hotel! The suites are sooo worth every penny. Make sure you don't stay in a king angle suite, though. We made this mistake and the all face a hotel that is RIGHT next to the Dunes, so you get no real ocean view. You get a people on the balcony 20 feet away from you view. That is sometimes funny though :). The hotel seemed to get the complaint alot. We stayed there one night, and the next morning my hubby went to the front desk to see what could be done. They moved us to a new room with a beautiful unobstructed ocean view in a much nicer room. Wish I knew the floorplan title for that one! as usual try and get a room near the top floor,if you can. Much better views.
My husband and I travel with our son (2yrs) so we always like finding nice places that have two actual rooms in the suite. This does. We usually give our son the actual room and sleep in the Murphy beds with the balcony door open so we can hear the ocean. That way we can wash any clothes (i love unpacking from a trip with all clean clothes!) cook our dinner, watch tv and have that all important mommy/daddy time after he goes down early.
The best part of this place is you could stay a week and never leave the resort. They have kitchens that are well supplied with dishes and pans and a few places to eat. We tried a few things, and it was all pretty good. Nothing to mention specifically, but nothing to complain about either. The water parks were really fun. I can see some older kids (tweens and teens maybe?) getting over it fast, though. We went the very last week before the summer rates kicked in so it was still slightly chilly, but they have some heated pools i think because the water was warm.
I love the staff at this hotel, we have been a few times, and it is always top notch in customer service.
We happened upon this hotel, because my hubby installs the computer systems for the restaurants so he saw the kitchens were clean, too. Not all hotels in MB can live up to that. Seen with our own eyes.

One great reason to leave the hotel is the restaurant The Sea Captain's House. Great food and service and serveral, if not all nights, they have someone playing live music. A little pricey, but I normally don't eat seafood at all and I really like theirs.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
stevejarvis, Manager at Dunes Village Resort, responded to this review, 27 November 2010
Very Good! I'm very glad to hear we were able to help you get into a room with a view that you wanted! We really pride ourselves on our customer service and guest satisfaction! Sounds like your family really enjoys your visits with us at Dunes Village Resort and we appreciate your compliments after multiple experiences! Thanks again and hope to see you back again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,326)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Danville, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2010

we had a wonderful time, the resort is beautiful; toby was very informative & helpful!! mallori was very helpful & the whole staff were friendly

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
stevejarvis, Manager at Dunes Village Resort, responded to this review, 20 November 2010
I am glad to hear about your experience with us, and i will pass on the compliments to the staff! Thank you for taking the time to share, and hopefully we will see you again soon at Dunes Village Resort!
Newfield, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2010

The staff is always willing to help and very courteous.
They give a 110%, making sure you are satisfied.
This is the main reason why we are always coming back.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
stevejarvis, Manager at Dunes Village Resort, responded to this review, 15 November 2010
Thank you! We value your continued patronage and very nice comments...Dunes Village Resort Staff takes great pride in guest satisfaction, and that Is what we are here for! Hope to see you back soon!
Hartford, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2010

My husband and I stayed during the second week in October in 2010 with our 4 children. It met any and all expectations we had and some we didn't. It was a little away from the board walk and the "strip" - you had to drive a few miles but was peaceful, the water park was WONDERFUL for our kids, the rooms were great, the service was superb, the parking was sufficient, what else can I say? We went to eat at quite a few very pricey restaurants while in town and the service at the restaurants were bad. If I spend 100.00 plus on a meal my drink should NOT stay empty right? Well, the ONLY RESTAURANT we had good service in in the whole city was the restaurant at the DUNES where we had breakfast each morning. Friendly, efficient, went above and beyond in every way. The food was also excellent. We never ate at the restaurant for dinner because we were susally out but if it is anything like the breakfast buffet - I could only say good things. When traveling with 4 small children things like that MATTER because it is a MAJOR stress reducer. When we go back to Myrtle Beach - and now we will- I know where we will be staying. I only hope the service at the other restaurants in town step in up a notch and maybe take a few lessons from the best hotel and breakfast buffet in town in service!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
stevejarvis, Manager at Dunes Village Resort, responded to this review, 14 November 2010
I am very happy that you are looking forward to returning to Dunes Village Resort with your family! We have so many people here that work very hard and take great pride in providing you the experience you expect, when you choose us for your family vacation. I do apologize for your experiences at other restaurants, but it only takes one time meeting me to see that i can personally point you in the direction of some great food, and service! (so just ask for Steve) I will make sure to pass on the appreciation to our staff and breakfast crew. Thank you, these comments are greatly appreciated by all of us at Dunes Village Resort! See you next time!
Bergen, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2010

I absolutely loved staying at the Dunes. Its a bit further down the beach then most resorts so you get a little more privacy on the beach and you aren't overwhelmed by all the "tourist" areas. A short drive to quick shopping and other tourist attractions. Great views of the beach and amazing access to the beach.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for sharing the fact that our location gives us very good access to the beach and unique views of the beach. I particularly like the view down the beach to the south with all of those amazing ocean front homes! Thanks again, we hope to see you again soon!
North Tonawanda, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2010

Stayed at the Dunes Village Resort 7 nights. Picked this hotel because it had heated pools just in case the weather was cooler since we were going to be visiting in November. Glad we picked this resort for that reason, it was 60 degrees outside...but 2 outdoor pools were open and heated...nice to have. The hot tubs and indoor pools were heated, clean, not too crowded and open late. There were water slides, kiddie pools and lazy rivers. I saw early in the morning a crew power washing the pool area. The area also has billards, shuffle board, foosball and kids activities all day. Great Variety of rooms, we had a oceanfront queen suite. NO BED BUGS....believe me... they love me, but there weren't any here. Our room had two Queen Beds, whirlpool hot tub in the large bath. Washer and dryer that we didn't think we would need, but used everyday. A full kitchen, fully supplied with needed cooking items. Dining Area, breakfast bar. Large living room with a TV, couch was a pull out bed, room also had a Murphy bed. Balcony and ocean front view were perfect. Parking garage was free and secure and convienient, large spaces and well lit. We tipped the cleaning person daily, I believe they appreciated it and more towels showed up everyday. Golf pro was great, booked us golf courses that we had never been to and all were great price and great golf. Only thing that didn't work well was going to breakfast in their restaurant, we did not get seated, just told to sit where we wanted. Then did not get coffee or any other kind of service, served ourselves to the buffet. A waitress came by but ddn't want our order just took things off the table that I had just put there. Food was good....service not so good. Overall, very pleasant experience. Loved the room, loved the pools...even the Walk in Drive in Movie outdoors....

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
stevejarvis, Manager at Dunes Village Resort, responded to this review, 12 November 2010
WOW! Thanks for all of the great comments! I am more than excited to see that you enjoyed our "Dive In Theater!" The big screen and sound system is a new amenity we have been able to put together and has been a HUGE hit with our guests of ALL ages! We do take great pride in our property having everything that you need to enjoy every aspect of your vacation from fun games and amenities to cookware and basic conveniences. Our housekeepers do appreciate the recognition for a job well done, just as we appreciate these compliments through your reviews! Our Golf and Entertainment Department is a great strength that we have here, and i am glad we pointed you in the right direction to enjoy some fun rounds! Again thanks for all of the great comments, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Oak Ridge,TN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2010

From the time you check in to the time you check out you feel like family. If you have a problem all you have to do is call 0 on the room phone and everything was taken care of in a timely manner. We had issues with the TVs they were fixed once they got a splitter which was just the next day no big deal because they have dvd players on all tvs thanks to maintenance man Nick. We stayed in a Oceanfront Deluxe Double Studio which was big enough for me, my fiancé, daughter and mother. We had amazing housekeeping service. The housekeepers were Anita and James. They gave me extra towels when needed and cleaned my room very good on the 3rd day James changed our beds and did a wonderful job. Thank you James. Then, Anita vacuumed and cleaned our sinks and my tub very well. Thank you Anita. I also love your waterpark staff they are very sweet. My daughter loves everyone of them she says they are her friends. I would like to thank Erin "Mgr of waterpark staff" for being the nicest person. She would ask how my day was and sit and listen. She is a generally nice person. I would also like to thank Val your Resort Mgr. She is so very kind. She helped in my reservation process and me and my daughter went to meet her one day on the trip. Val is at the best postion at your resort because we need more managment like her in this world. Thank you Val you are just too kind. I would like to Thank Dunes Village for making our 5 day trip the best. Everyone was so kind and the water in the parks was wonderful all the activites for children are great. Only problem we had was in the Captains Cafe. We had the rudest waitress. My mother asked for a cup of coffee and the waitress replied "Well do you want me to make you some," like she was wanting her to change her mind. Then what done it was she took my salad when I was still eating it. Then cut into my chicken and it was raw about halfway through me eating it. They took my meal off the ticket and we paid and left. I didn't get her name or I would of defiently complained on her. She acted like she just didn't want to be there. Other than that the trip was wonderful and I truely enjoyed myself. Thanks again Dunes Village for a wonderful stay. We will see you next year.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family