I love staying at this hotel! The suites are sooo worth every penny. Make sure you don't stay in a king angle suite, though. We made this mistake and the all face a hotel that is RIGHT next to the Dunes, so you get no real ocean view. You get a people on the balcony 20 feet away from you view. That is sometimes funny though :). The hotel seemed to get the complaint alot. We stayed there one night, and the next morning my hubby went to the front desk to see what could be done. They moved us to a new room with a beautiful unobstructed ocean view in a much nicer room. Wish I knew the floorplan title for that one! as usual try and get a room near the top floor,if you can. Much better views.
My husband and I travel with our son (2yrs) so we always like finding nice places that have two actual rooms in the suite. This does. We usually give our son the actual room and sleep in the Murphy beds with the balcony door open so we can hear the ocean. That way we can wash any clothes (i love unpacking from a trip with all clean clothes!) cook our dinner, watch tv and have that all important mommy/daddy time after he goes down early.
The best part of this place is you could stay a week and never leave the resort. They have kitchens that are well supplied with dishes and pans and a few places to eat. We tried a few things, and it was all pretty good. Nothing to mention specifically, but nothing to complain about either. The water parks were really fun. I can see some older kids (tweens and teens maybe?) getting over it fast, though. We went the very last week before the summer rates kicked in so it was still slightly chilly, but they have some heated pools i think because the water was warm.
I love the staff at this hotel, we have been a few times, and it is always top notch in customer service.
We happened upon this hotel, because my hubby installs the computer systems for the restaurants so he saw the kitchens were clean, too. Not all hotels in MB can live up to that. Seen with our own eyes.
One great reason to leave the hotel is the restaurant The Sea Captain's House. Great food and service and serveral, if not all nights, they have someone playing live music. A little pricey, but I normally don't eat seafood at all and I really like theirs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chosen as one of the WORLD'S top 1% of Hotels by Expedia Insider's Select 2008 and Voted #2 in Family Hotels in the UNITED STATES by Travelers Choice Awards, Dunes Village is home of the area’s only indoor water parks; 30,000 square feet of water fun! 4 adult-size waterslides, water basketball, lazy rivers, kiddie pools, mushroom waterfalls and the list goes on. Tennis buffs stay limber on the tennis court and basketball fans shoot hoops on the basketball court. Children enjoy the year-round supervised activity program, giving parents an opportunity to sit back and relax knowing the kiddies are having fun of their own. Dine in one of the 2 onsite restaurants or sip a cup of coffee from Seattle’s Best Coffee. At the end of the day, our spacious studios, suites and condos are the perfect ending to a great day at this award winning resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Dunes Village Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dunes Village Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Dunes Village Myrtle Beach
- Dunes Village Resort Myrtle Beach
- Myrtle Beach Dunes Village Resort
- Dunes Village Resort Motel