“awesome experience”

Ranked #8 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Burlington, North Carolina
“awesome experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2010

We love this place so much we have made it a November tradition.
This was our third time and it is always spectacular!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
stevejarvis, Manager at Dunes Village Resort, responded to this review, 27 November 2010
Glad to be part of your tradition! See you next November!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,347)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Gastonia, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2010

Sean makes breakfast worth getting up for, and you will need it for all the energy it takes to play, and play, and play in the water park! The beach is amazing, quiet and a wonderful place to play! If you have kids it is definitly one of the best places you will find (especially in the off season!) From check in to check out, we were blown away by our "new find!"

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
"Amazing" I could not have said it better myself. I will make sure Sean gets recognized for helping make your trip one to remember! We are all proud and excited to be your "new find!" Thank you on behalf of Dunes Village Staff!
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2010

I cAnnot say enough good things about Dunes Village. The staff was great, food was good, and the waterpark was awesome. Before we pulled out of the parking love, my 3 yr old was crying, wanting to go back. I felt like the staff went out of there way to be helpful. I think this is a great vacation spot, for families with children.
The rooms were very spacious & clean.
My family is already planning at trip back!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
We are very glad to hear that you and your family are already planning your trip back to Dunes Village Resort, continued patronage is the biggest compliment possible! We love to hear that our hard work in providing a great experience for all of our guests is being noticed! We will see you next time!
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2010

I love staying at this hotel! The suites are sooo worth every penny. Make sure you don't stay in a king angle suite, though. We made this mistake and the all face a hotel that is RIGHT next to the Dunes, so you get no real ocean view. You get a people on the balcony 20 feet away from you view. That is sometimes funny though :). The hotel seemed to get the complaint alot. We stayed there one night, and the next morning my hubby went to the front desk to see what could be done. They moved us to a new room with a beautiful unobstructed ocean view in a much nicer room. Wish I knew the floorplan title for that one! as usual try and get a room near the top floor,if you can. Much better views.
My husband and I travel with our son (2yrs) so we always like finding nice places that have two actual rooms in the suite. This does. We usually give our son the actual room and sleep in the Murphy beds with the balcony door open so we can hear the ocean. That way we can wash any clothes (i love unpacking from a trip with all clean clothes!) cook our dinner, watch tv and have that all important mommy/daddy time after he goes down early.
The best part of this place is you could stay a week and never leave the resort. They have kitchens that are well supplied with dishes and pans and a few places to eat. We tried a few things, and it was all pretty good. Nothing to mention specifically, but nothing to complain about either. The water parks were really fun. I can see some older kids (tweens and teens maybe?) getting over it fast, though. We went the very last week before the summer rates kicked in so it was still slightly chilly, but they have some heated pools i think because the water was warm.
I love the staff at this hotel, we have been a few times, and it is always top notch in customer service.
We happened upon this hotel, because my hubby installs the computer systems for the restaurants so he saw the kitchens were clean, too. Not all hotels in MB can live up to that. Seen with our own eyes.

One great reason to leave the hotel is the restaurant The Sea Captain's House. Great food and service and serveral, if not all nights, they have someone playing live music. A little pricey, but I normally don't eat seafood at all and I really like theirs.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
Very Good! I'm very glad to hear we were able to help you get into a room with a view that you wanted! We really pride ourselves on our customer service and guest satisfaction! Sounds like your family really enjoys your visits with us at Dunes Village Resort and we appreciate your compliments after multiple experiences! Thanks again and hope to see you back again soon!
Danville, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2010

we had a wonderful time, the resort is beautiful; toby was very informative & helpful!! mallori was very helpful & the whole staff were friendly

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
stevejarvis, Manager at Dunes Village Resort, responded to this review, 20 November 2010
I am glad to hear about your experience with us, and i will pass on the compliments to the staff! Thank you for taking the time to share, and hopefully we will see you again soon at Dunes Village Resort!
Newfield, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2010

The staff is always willing to help and very courteous.
They give a 110%, making sure you are satisfied.
This is the main reason why we are always coming back.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
stevejarvis, Manager at Dunes Village Resort, responded to this review, 15 November 2010
Thank you! We value your continued patronage and very nice comments...Dunes Village Resort Staff takes great pride in guest satisfaction, and that Is what we are here for! Hope to see you back soon!
Hartford, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2010

My husband and I stayed during the second week in October in 2010 with our 4 children. It met any and all expectations we had and some we didn't. It was a little away from the board walk and the "strip" - you had to drive a few miles but was peaceful, the water park was WONDERFUL for our kids, the rooms were great, the service was superb, the parking was sufficient, what else can I say? We went to eat at quite a few very pricey restaurants while in town and the service at the restaurants were bad. If I spend 100.00 plus on a meal my drink should NOT stay empty right? Well, the ONLY RESTAURANT we had good service in in the whole city was the restaurant at the DUNES where we had breakfast each morning. Friendly, efficient, went above and beyond in every way. The food was also excellent. We never ate at the restaurant for dinner because we were susally out but if it is anything like the breakfast buffet - I could only say good things. When traveling with 4 small children things like that MATTER because it is a MAJOR stress reducer. When we go back to Myrtle Beach - and now we will- I know where we will be staying. I only hope the service at the other restaurants in town step in up a notch and maybe take a few lessons from the best hotel and breakfast buffet in town in service!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
stevejarvis, Manager at Dunes Village Resort, responded to this review, 14 November 2010
I am very happy that you are looking forward to returning to Dunes Village Resort with your family! We have so many people here that work very hard and take great pride in providing you the experience you expect, when you choose us for your family vacation. I do apologize for your experiences at other restaurants, but it only takes one time meeting me to see that i can personally point you in the direction of some great food, and service! (so just ask for Steve) I will make sure to pass on the appreciation to our staff and breakfast crew. Thank you, these comments are greatly appreciated by all of us at Dunes Village Resort! See you next time!