“Not the Best Stay”

Days Inn Myrtle Beach-Beach Front
Ranked #172 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We had just stayed here for 2 nights. I had reserved a total of 7 rooms. Not all the rooms were bad but one room was terrible. The smell in the hallway by the room and the smell in room was awful. Parking is a big problem. There are not enough spaces per room and it is very narrow entrance and exit. Staff has an I don't care attitude. Had to have maintenance come to several rooms and the maintenance guy entered using a master key when nobody was in the rooms. Totally unacceptable. The location is great however. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone nor would I book another room there.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 10 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 August 2014

This hotel was a cheap place to stay and I knew what I was getting in to as far as the rooms, condition of property, etc. "You get what you pay for," right? What I was not expecting was how RUDE the staff was. I am a polite person and always treat people with respect, especially those who are in service jobs. I will not, however, as a human being, tolerate being talked to the way I was during my stay at Days Inn. When I went to check-in I was a little early. The girl at the front desk, Londa I believe, did not even bother to look up from her phone to speak to me when I asked her how she was doing. She said "fine, what do you need?" When I asked about check in, she responded (while still on her phone), "check-in is at 3PM only." Later when I returned, upon waiting to check in, I turned the corner towards the breakfast area to see if there was a restroom to use. There were housekeepers sitting at the tables which I knew before turning the corner because I could hear them telling stories and talking about people very LOUDLY as I was at the front desk. As I walked up to the door labeled restroom I noticed a piece of paper with small typing on it. One of the housekeepers told me someone was in there. I said, "okay," and then started walking away. The same housekeeper then mumbled under breath "that's not for you, anyway." I turned and asked what she was saying and she stuttered a bit and said something else. I knew when I booked my room that I was not paying for a luxurious stay at the beach, but I always expect to be treated with kindness and respect (from anyone, much less somewhere I was forking out my hard earned money to stay). On the bright side, the gentlemen that worked the night shift at the hotel was super nice and friendly!

Room Tip: I would steer clear from the elevator - not safe.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kristin G
Reviewed 7 August 2014

1  Thank Free S
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We booked through Expedia and got a great price, when we arrived we found out why the great price. After checking in we went to our room via the stairs (no elevator we could find). Then opened the door to our room and found a floor that clearly had not been vacuumed, beds that were half made, and a pile of pillows in the middle of the bed with no pillow cases. But the final straw was the pile of hair weave in the floor.
We went back to the front desk and had a hard time dealing with the front desk guy. He didnt want to help us or refund our money because we had booked through Expedia not the desk. After several calls to Expedia, and Expedia calling the front desk our money was refunded. We were able to go to a neighboring hotel and get a room that was much cleaner.

Room Tip: The Coral Beach resort is much nicer and only 1 block away
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank B C
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I stayed at the Days Inn Beach Front in Myrtle Beach, SC on 7/4/14 and it was the most horrific stay I have every had anywhere while on Vacation. 1st off they gave me the wrong room I was suppose to have a ocean front with 2 double beds and a sleeper sofa, what I had gotten as an ocean front with 2double beds and a kitchen. The stove was gross(looks like it was never cleaned) and the floors were not vacuumed also there was a water bubble in the ceiling that they tried blaming me for. Well need less to say I was unable to get another room and there was not another hotel in the area that had vacancy due to the fact that It was a holiday weekend. The manager did nothing to accommodate me in any manner! She was rude and very disrespectful. I would not recommend that anyone stay here ever!!!

Reviewed 4 August 2014