“The staff at the hotel was great. .great location on...”

Days Inn Myrtle Beach-Beach Front
Ranked #172 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 20 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 August 2014

This is one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in. The only positive notes are that it is at a prime location on the beach and there were no bed bugs. Everything else was a disappointment. It is not the dirtiest hotel I have ever seen, but the condition of the building is very poor. Doors are falling off off of the hinges, and the stairwells are disgusting. The biggest disappointment was that we had to wait 8 hours one day for housekeeping to service our room, and when they finally did, they left us no towels. They were literally out of towels. If you are a hotel, towels are basically what you do. It was unacceptable. Housekeeping also left our trash outside of our room for over 24 hours. Oh and, when they finally did wash the towels, we thought that the washing machine was an earthquake, or perhaps a tractor trailer crashing into the building. It was very disruptive. We chose this hotel to save some money, but even if you are on a budget, this place isn't worth it. When the waffle maker is the highlight of your hotel, you are doing it wrong!

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We had just stayed here for 2 nights. I had reserved a total of 7 rooms. Not all the rooms were bad but one room was terrible. The smell in the hallway by the room and the smell in room was awful. Parking is a big problem. There are not enough spaces per room and it is very narrow entrance and exit. Staff has an I don't care attitude. Had to have maintenance come to several rooms and the maintenance guy entered using a master key when nobody was in the rooms. Totally unacceptable. The location is great however. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone nor would I book another room there.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 August 2014

This hotel was a cheap place to stay and I knew what I was getting in to as far as the rooms, condition of property, etc. "You get what you pay for," right? What I was not expecting was how RUDE the staff was. I am a polite person and always treat people with respect, especially those who are in service jobs. I will not, however, as a human being, tolerate being talked to the way I was during my stay at Days Inn. When I went to check-in I was a little early. The girl at the front desk, Londa I believe, did not even bother to look up from her phone to speak to me when I asked her how she was doing. She said "fine, what do you need?" When I asked about check in, she responded (while still on her phone), "check-in is at 3PM only." Later when I returned, upon waiting to check in, I turned the corner towards the breakfast area to see if there was a restroom to use. There were housekeepers sitting at the tables which I knew before turning the corner because I could hear them telling stories and talking about people very LOUDLY as I was at the front desk. As I walked up to the door labeled restroom I noticed a piece of paper with small typing on it. One of the housekeepers told me someone was in there. I said, "okay," and then started walking away. The same housekeeper then mumbled under breath "that's not for you, anyway." I turned and asked what she was saying and she stuttered a bit and said something else. I knew when I booked my room that I was not paying for a luxurious stay at the beach, but I always expect to be treated with kindness and respect (from anyone, much less somewhere I was forking out my hard earned money to stay). On the bright side, the gentlemen that worked the night shift at the hotel was super nice and friendly!

Room Tip: I would steer clear from the elevator - not safe.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kristin G
Reviewed 7 August 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Free S
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We booked through Expedia and got a great price, when we arrived we found out why the great price. After checking in we went to our room via the stairs (no elevator we could find). Then opened the door to our room and found a floor that clearly had not been vacuumed, beds that were half made, and a pile of pillows in the middle of the bed with no pillow cases. But the final straw was the pile of hair weave in the floor.
We went back to the front desk and had a hard time dealing with the front desk guy. He didnt want to help us or refund our money because we had booked through Expedia not the desk. After several calls to Expedia, and Expedia calling the front desk our money was refunded. We were able to go to a neighboring hotel and get a room that was much cleaner.

Room Tip: The Coral Beach resort is much nicer and only 1 block away
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple