“GREAT PLACE!!!”

Gazebo Inn Ocean Front
Ranked #40 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Just returned home from a long weekend. This was my first stay at the Gazebo Inn. I have to say the staff was great. We had a oceanview room w/ 1 queen bed on the 5th floor. It was perfect for the two of us. The veiw was great. Everything was clean and in order. I am so glad I found this place. Very affordable and great location. We had breakfast right across the street and plenty of resturants just up a couple blocks up on Hwy17. We parked the car and didnt have to move it for our entire stay:-) I am already planning on another visit! Thanks to everyone at the Gazebo Inn for a wonderful stay. Hope to see you again soon!!!

Kristy B. - Virginia

Room Tip: 4th & 5th Floor Rooms have the best view.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kristy B
gazebojulie, Owner at Gazebo Inn Ocean Front, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive Gazebo experience with other travelers. I am so glad that you found us, and happy to hear that you enjoyed our little cozy slice of the Carolina coast so much. Repeat customers are very important to our business so its good to know that you plan on being one yourself! We look forward to having you as our guest once again, hopefully in the near future.

Best,

Reviewed 10 August 2012

We stayed there last yr in the 2nd week of Sept, but it wasn't our first time staying there and definitely won't be the last. We found this place the 1st time because I wanted to go a day early and needed somewhere to stay the night before we went to where we had reservations. It's not a fancy place where you're paying for all the extra amenities and decor and some things I can do without since I'm down there to play in the ocean and to walk down thru the water, and sunbathe and whatever else people do at the beach. I'm not going to drive over 300 miles to stay in the room, when I can do that at home. But ever since the first time, we've managed to come back from time to time to stay there esp. when you're on a budget and their rates are very reasonable! I didn't find anything falling apart like in some of the reviews I've been reading and our commode worked fine and nothing rickety about the balcony like it's going to fall down. At least there are a few Mom and Pop motels left, because of the condo's going up and rooting the smaller motels out. I'm glad this family hasn't sold their business, because this is a hard time and families need a place that doesn't charge an arm and a leg for their rooms. I'd rather spend less on a week's stay and have money left over to do other things like seafood, shopping, miniature golf and of course money to go back home on and for gas to get around town, etc., etc. We've never had any compaints about our stay and I recommend Gazebo Inn to anyone who wants a clean place to stay, but without all the frills which I've found in other places--you have to pay extra to have all that. We stayed at Compass Cove in "03" and it was no better than Gazebo Inn and didn't have time to use all of the pools, and other things they offer and even in Oct. the rates were over $80 for an O/F one-room efficiency with only the basic stuff. I'd rather pay what Gazebo charges for the same kind of room or an ocean view which we don't mind, cause you can still a good part of the ocean! At least check it out for yourself and try it out one time and see for yourself. Even if the room isn't ready, I can use that time to go get groceries. I also like not having to park across the street like we've had to do at other places! And it's easy to find, because there is a gazebo in the corner of the parking lot and it is right beside the Palace Resort.

Room Tip: Unless you really want an ocean front room, you can get a good view from the side too at a lower cos...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank kp51
gazebojulie, Owner at Gazebo Inn Ocean Front, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive Gazebo experience with other travelers. It's nice to know that your hard working family has been so happy with the efforts of ours. We also appreciate you returning year after year, and we have ABSOLUTELY no intention of selling out! This little Mom and Pop is here to stay, thanks to greatly appreciated repeat business from loyal customers like yourself. We hope to see you in the Myrtle Beach sand again very soon.

Many thanks ~

Reviewed 9 August 2012

I kinda agree with some of the other reviews-When I was there in June we had to change rooms 3 times! Toilet broken-Microwave didn't work-was given wrong information by employee!It was like one long running joke.If you stepped out in bare feet for any reason bottom of your feet would be black!lol I think what you do for our Military is very nice.Your anger seems over the top.I know this is your business and you want to defend it,but if you can't stand peoples opinion then why have a place for people to leave them?Take a chill pill lady!

Room Tip: not on the bottom floor won't be able to see the ocean!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank elizabeth c

Thank you for recognizing the many Military families that stay with us at the Gazebo Inn. They are certainly a loyal bunch and deserve all of the support and respect that the rest of us can give them. As for comments regarding our property and the services that we provide, I always welcome any that are honest and fair. That is how any great business is built. Unfortunately there are some folks out there that will choose to post comments that are simply not true. I agree that the carpets can get dirty, especially during the height of the summer season. We are at the beach and that happens when people are in and out to the pool or the sand, especially when they will often times come in wet. Keeping a beach house in perfect condition in the summer months is a very tall order however we make a very strong effort to do so to include having the carpets professionally cleaned several times per year.

As far as moving three times goes, I am assuming that was done to accommodate you staying longer than you originally booked in for. We have so many repeat guests that stay with us year after year and these guest will often times request specific rooms. If you choose to stay longer than expected in a room that has already been reserved by another guest, we will offer to move you to another room that is open for the additional nights that you wish to say. I wish that your microwave had not broken, however these things happen when they are used so often by so many people. As soon as anything in one of our rooms is reported as not working we have it repaired or replaced immediately. I am sorry that you were unhappy with your stay. I truly hope that you are able to find accommodations that better meet your expectations on your next visit to Myrtle Beach.

Regards,

Reviewed 3 August 2012

We made reservations here even though there was some negative reviews we arrived on July 26th almost 2hrs before check in and our room was ready.The office staff was very friendly and helpful.Our room was clean and i was very impressed with the view it was amazing to be an oceanview.I would have to say i have stayed at the expensive hotels and honestly i had more fun here with my kids than i ever had anywhere else.The lower level parking garage wasnt scary and i preferred to park there instead of having my car bake in the sun the entire visit.We were a group of 5 two women and 3 children all girls and i could honestly say we all felt safe.So all these negative reviews shouldnt keep anyone from staying here.We had a great time Gazebo Inn my girls didnt want to leave but i promise im bringing my family back next year and reserving the room we had.Thanks so much its exactly what me,mom and the girls were looking for and more!

The Church Family

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank regina c
gazebojulie, Owner at Gazebo Inn Ocean Front, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2012

Dear Church Family,

Thank you for sharing your positive experience at the Gazebo Inn with other travelers. We truly appreciate you giving us a try in spite of the couple of negative reviews that you read, and we are so very happy that you and your family found us to be the great little hidden gem that we strive so hard to be. It's families like yours that make this business such a pleasure to be in. Thank you so much for staying with us. We are looking forward to having you as our guests again the next time you decide to vacation in Myrtle Beach.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 2 August 2012

if ur planning a trip to mb s.c , dont stay at the gazebo inn. Its the dirtiest facility ive ever been in. Their toliets turn over on you. The exterior walls are falling down, their pool sucks, their deck chairs are mostly broken. The jacuzzi barely fits one the balconies are rotten and fallingthe hotel was built in the 50's and not many updates have been made since.The landscaping left little to the visual appeal.overall cleanliness 0.i personally will never stay their again nor would i recommend it to anybody i cared for ,not even my dogs!!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
18  Thank Kimberly R

I am very sorry that for whatever reason you felt the need to write such a malicious review. Not only is it written in bad taste with foul language, but it is also not true. Sadly it seems that whoever you are, you and your friends seem to have nothing better to do than to try and harm the good reputation of a hard working family and their business. Fortunately for us I think that most folks understand that you cannot please everyone and will take into account all of the outstanding reviews that have been written by other guests this year. As you are well aware, the Gazebo Inn is in excellent repair and we offer very clean rooms for exceptionally low rates. Best of luck to you where ever you decide to stay on your next vacation. I am happy to hear that you will not be staying at the Gazebo Inn again on your next visit. We appreciate that.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 2 August 2012

We arrived at Myrtle Beach after two days on the road at 12:30 pm, went in to see if we could check in early, was told our room was not ready as the previous person had not left until 11 am. Asked when would the room be ready was told one hour. I asked if I could use the restroom and was told there was no public restrooms. We asked where the pool was and was told down the hall, walked to the pool carpet was ripped in several spots including the stairs, pool was old, the hot tub was a square hole in the ground. We left and got something to eat came back in hour and was told our room was not ready and it would be another twenty minutes, at which time I turned to my husband and said we are not paying a cheap price at 128 per night. Left came back in 45 minutes, sat in office waiting for the desk help to get off phone and check out two housekeeping then a couple came in and she checked them in, total ignoring us. After they checked in and left I asked her if our room was ready she told me no I was they upset. She told me check in time is not until 2:30 and I asked her what time was it and was told there is a clock on the wall (2:19 pm). My husband at that time told her that we where going to leave feedback on the web and she did not know who she was dealing with. She said are you threating me, he told he no I walked outside at this time. My husband camed out two minutes later and told me that she was not going to let us stay here and was calling the police as I was outside bad mouthing their customer. My husband told her go ahead so we could have a police report. I was only asking them if they had stay here before, they told me no. I just wanted to see if it was worth staying here as everything I had saw at that point was not impressive. She did refund our money that they charged my credit card two months in advance for one night rental. We where then force to find another place to stay. Went two doors down and found a wonderful place to stay with several pools and hot tubs plus lots of other extras including full kitchen. She did not ruin our vacation just made it better. Would not recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
14  Thank Yadams
gazebojulie, Owner at Gazebo Inn Ocean Front, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2012

After reading your review I feel that most people will agree with management's decision to give you a full refund which by the way we do not have to do. However we do not want anyone here that is so obviously dissatisfied, and who is also being abusive to the staff and disturbing other guest. Had you called the police, they would have told you the same thing.

I am sorry that you were on the road for two days, but unfortunately we cannot ask other guests to check out early to accommodate you. Check-in is not guaranteed until 3 pm as was clearly stated on the confirmation that you received. We do our best to check people in earlier if at all possible, however on heavy check out days that is often time impossible to do. We want to make sure that all of our rooms are very clean when our guest check-in, and that cannot be done if the housekeepers are rushed through their job.

The hotel is an older property, and as was customary when it was built the property it does not have a formal lobby area with public restrooms. The bathrooms are all located in the guest rooms. Most guest that pay our very low rates do not expect to find a full service resort with all of the amenities. We offer very low rates for clean, basic accommodations. I am happy to hear that you were able to find accommodations elsewhere and that you do not plan on staying at the Gazebo Inn again anytime in the future. Best of luck to you.

Regards,

Reviewed 31 July 2012

The Gazebo Inn is a budget motel, but it is clean and right on the beach. The housekeeping staff was very friendly, the rooms were kept very clean and the pool was perfect. The pool was always clean and there were always chairs available at the pool. The hotel is about 20 blocks or so from the boardwalk strip, so you may want to drive to the shops. We enjoyed coming back to the quiet area for the night after spending the evening on the boardwalk!

Some people have complained that the second level parking area was dark and scary. Well it definitely was not scary or dark! The hotel next to the Gazebo Inn is a little run down, but it was not scary.

If you are looking for a clean, budget priced hotel on the beach, the Gazebo Inn is great! If you are looking for a full service resort, then you will not be happy with this hotel. We would definitely return to this hotel in the future.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 855Michelle
gazebojulie, Owner at Gazebo Inn Ocean Front, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2012

I am happy to hear that you were so pleased with your stay at the Gazebo Inn, and I especially appreciate you mentioning the friendly housekeeping staff and clean rooms. Our girls work very hard and it is always nice when their efforts are recognized. As you mentioned, we are not big and fancy but we are clean and cozy and a great option for folks that are looking for an inexpensive vacation spot. We truly appreciate your business and we are so happy that you will consider staying with us again the next time you are staying in the Myrtle Beach area.