“Family affordable and great location”

Gazebo Inn Ocean Front
Ranked #35 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Going on vacation is pricey for a family of five but Gazebo Inn makes spring break affordable for us!! As a returning vacationer I knew Julie would take care of my family during our stay!! They finished their new pool this past week and are going to be installing a new hot tub. The oceanfront balconies with rocking chairs give it that country feel that I like. I would recommend this family location to anyone that wants a quiet place to getaway with their family!! I'm looking forward to next years spring break.......I'll need room 211 or 212 Ms Julie!!! Thanks again for a great stay!!!

• Stayed: April 2014
gazebojulie, Owner at Gazebo Inn Ocean Front, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2014

Thank you so much for your kind remarks. It was a pleasure to have you and your family stay with us as always. Our very special guests are what make this sometimes very tough business an enjoyable one, and you are absolutely at the TOP of the very special guest list. It is always fun to see our dear friends come back year after year. When I travel I always try to find the little quaint "Mom and Pop" hotels like the Gazebo. There is noting better than the personal service that you get from the family owned and operated places where people still take pride in the product and services that they offer and where the customers business is truly appreciated. I hope that you have a fantastic summer, and of course we are all looking forward to your next visit. Until then....

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 5 March 2014

My daughter and I have stayed at the Gazebo Inn for the past several years and love it. The rooms are clean and the staff is friendly and helpful. As a single parent I really appreciate the value and the family friendly atmosphere. If it weren't for the great room rates, I may not be able to afford a yearly vacation for my daughter and myself. We look forward to the beach and the Gazebo all year long. It may not be the shiniest jewel on the strip, but it is a gem nonetheless! I'll be making my reservation for this summer soon!!

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Robin U
gazebojulie, Owner at Gazebo Inn Ocean Front, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2014

I LOVE IT! What a perfect way to describe us! I am so happy that you and your daughter found our little gem, and that it has since become your favorite place to stay when visiting Myrtle Beach. Like you said, we are not a fancy place, however my family and I work hard to offer clean rooms at very low rates in a family friendly environment where our guests can feel safe and comfortable. Repeat business is so important to us, so I am excited to hear that you and your daughter plan to vacation with us again this summer. By the way we have done quite a bit of work around the hotel this year to include some remodeling in the rooms, a new elevator, and resurfacing the pool and hot tub. We can't wait for you to see it all. Again many thanks for your valued and loyal patronage ~

Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

Comfortable accommodations and convenient location. Friendly and helpful management. Oceanfront 5th floor room was fantastic! Nice size rooms and balconies. Can get adjoining rooms when traveling with groups. Will definitely be back.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rtwallace
gazebojulie, Owner at Gazebo Inn Ocean Front, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Clean and Affordable, that's our goal! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive experience with other travelers, and most importantly thank you for your business. We truly appreciate it and we hope to have you as our guests once again the next time you visit the Myrtle Beach area. Until then....

Julie & Family ~

Reviewed 1 February 2014

While this facility is older, the rooms are clean, very comfy beds. I brought my son and a friend along for 3 days. Love that we had an efficiency oceanfront to save some $$ on food. Friendly, efficient staff. Great rates and great rooms...I will not be staying anywhere else...

Stayed: June 2013
5  Thank bdaandmksmom
gazebojulie, Owner at Gazebo Inn Ocean Front, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2014

Thank you so much for the great review! It is always nice to hear from folks that have enjoyed their time with us as much as you and your family did, and of course we LOVE to hear that you plan on making the Gazebo Inn your vacation spot for all future trips to the Beach. Building repeat business is definitely one of the most enjoyable and rewarding aspects of running a small "Mom and Pop" property, It's great to know that we achieved that goal with you. We genuinely appreciate your business, and we are looking forward to seeing you and your family again, hopefully in the very near future ~

Reviewed 22 December 2013

My fiance and I had a lovely vacation last August in Myrtle Beach. We are young and poor (lol, college life) so we found the cheapest/safest place we could. Unfortunately the place we did stay was musty and we had to drive about 10 minutes to the beach. We decided to check out a few places before we went back home to Indiana for our future vacation and we stopped by Gazebo Inn because of the prices we found online. The woman at the desk gladly let us take a look at two rooms and we fell in love with the ocean front room that had the king sized bed. Walking into the room was a breath of fresh air compared to the place we had stayed! This place was older, but it was not smelly or dirty at all. We also noticed how well their air conditioning worked :) Though I have not stayed here yet, I have to say that my mini visit met my expectations. My future hubby and I will definitely be staying here next year!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Paige A
gazebojulie, Owner at Gazebo Inn Ocean Front, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2013

I am so happy to hear that you had such a wonderful experience when you stopped by to check out our little Inn. As you mentioned in your review, we are a "Mom and Pop" hotel that offers clean and quiet rooms for a very reasonable rate. We are a family owned and operated property that has been in business since 1972. Our goal is to offer our guests a pleasant vacation experience without breaking the bank. I am pleased to know that you found us to be an excellent option for your future vacation plans in the Myrtle Beach area. We are looking forward to seeing you the next time you are in Myrtle Beach!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 5 December 2013

My husband and I recently stayed one night in an oceanfront room at the Gazebo Inn in Myrtle Beach. It was what we expected for the low price we paid...pretty standard older hotel that was clean but in need of a facelift. The room was very large and had a pretty comfortable bed. There was a small frigde and microwave in the room as well as a table and chairs. The room also had two comfy armchairs to sit in while watching tv. An average size balcony with two chairs and an awesome view was the best part of all!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sarah J
gazebojulie, Owner at Gazebo Inn Ocean Front, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers. We are nothing fancy, however are rooms are very clean and are rates are extremely low. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and I hope that you will consider staying with us the next time you are in the Myrtle Beach area.

Best,

Reviewed 3 November 2013

We came here and it was a fast and easy process to get a room. Ocean view on the 5th floor was awesome. I caught a picture of the eclipse that next morning November 3 2013. I could suggest to somebody that if you're planning to stay at a awesome place; next to a variety of things, then this is the place to stay. You have golf cart rentals as well as mopeds that looks like a car that can be rented 6 blocks down south ocean blvd.. You have hot tubs in range as well as pools. We came in there and an older guy welcomed us there and gave us our card and we were off to our room. I've learnt you can't hold an electronic device next to this card for your room because it will "deactivate" the card and you wouldn't be able to get back in your room so that's why they give you two of them. Make sure you bring you some food and snacks to put in the refrigerator as well to save you from finding a vending machine. Out of all, this place is well established, clean, comfortable, soothing ocean views, laid back atmosphere, genuine, and worth it. Thanks and everybody have a great evening.. And thanks to the older guy that helped us at the desk.

Room Tip: Pick out the ocean view on the 5th floor on down to the 3rd floor. Great sunshine so bring sunshades...