“Very Clean Mom and Pop Place”

Gazebo Inn Ocean Front
Ranked #48 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Ohio
“Very Clean Mom and Pop Place”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Have stayed here atleast 4 times now and for the money, it is a great mom and pop hotel. Very clean, comfortable and friendly staff. Large rooms and balconies. New elevator so no waiting. I would recommend this hotel and I have researched them all in Myrtle Beach, this one is more for a great price.

Room Tip: OF on 5th floor
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sunseekerOhio
Myrtle Beach J, Owner at Gazebo Inn Ocean Front, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Wow! Thank you for such a great review. We really appreciate that! We are so happy that you find us to be such a neat little place, and that you and your family choose to stay with us each time that you return to Myrtle Beach. There is nothing better than that. On behalf of my family and crew, I would like to thank you for your loyal patronage. We are certainly looking forward to seeing you again the next time you are at the beach!

Julie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Massillon, Ohio
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We read all the reviews and looked at the pictures and felt okay to book this hotel. After checking in we were only there 5 mins. Before I asked for a refund . The room was very dirty, there were stains on the sheets and piles of things on the floor, the lock on the door didn't work. Overall this was the worst hotel I've ever booked. We ended up moving down the road and had a much better experience. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
7 Thank Rachel K
Myrtle Beach J, Owner at Gazebo Inn Ocean Front, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
I am sorry that you felt the need to write such a unfair review, however for the benefit of the other folks that have read it I will respond. There was absolutely nothing wrong with your room, you were simply upset because you wanted to be on a higher floor and there was nothing available. You also stated that you wanted a kitchen. You reserved a 1st floor room WITHOUT a kitchen. As soon as you were told there was not a higher floor efficiency available, you then started making complaints about the room and requested a DISCOUNT not a refund. You came down several times with various complaints to include stating that the sheets were dirty. They were not, however your linens were changed. You also stated that the door lock did not work. The door lock worked perfectly, you just put your key next to your cell phone which deactivated the key card. You were issued new keys. In the morning you stated that you had a gun in your room and that you would take care of any issues yourself relating to noise at the pool. For the safety of other guests and staff you were asked to leave the property and you were given a refund for the remaining balance of your stay. Shame on you. What I should have done is call the police.

Virginia
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

We've stayed at the Gazebo Inn two times now. The first was July 2012 and the second was last week. Both stays were perfect. We brought our children, ages 2 & 5, this time. This hotel made us all feel safe and cozy. Sure, it's not full of thrills, but it's clean, the people are super nice, it has a perfect location, and you can't beat the price.

We had some family travel down a few days before us. They had reservations at Sea Mist. Once hearing us brag, they decided to move to Gazebo Inn for an additional two days.

You can't beat this place if your looking for a clean, inexpensive room on the beach. We will never stay anywhere else in Myrtle Beach! Thank you, Gazebo Inn, for providing us a great a place to stay without emptying our pockets. We will see you next July!

3 Thank TheAsbury6
Myrtle Beach J, Owner at Gazebo Inn Ocean Front, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Thank you so much for writing such a lovely review! It is great to hear that you enjoyed your visit in 2012 so much that you brought your children back to stay with you this time. I am also happy to hear that you felt safe and secure during your stay, and that you still found us to be such a great deal. I also appreciate you recognizing our friendly staff. Personally I feel that there is absolutely nothing worse that to be treated rudely when I am spending my hard earned money at a business, therefore we work hard to offer our guests excellent service with a smile during their stay. It's great to know that you were treated well and felt welcome while you were here. That's fantastic and I will certainly share your review with the Gazebo crew!

I would like to thank you and your family for your business. I would also like to thank you for recommending us so highly to your other family members and encouraging them to stay a couple of days with us as well. I am so happy to hear that all of you plan to stay at the Gazebo when you return to Myrtle Beach, and we are truly looking forward to your next visit!

gastonia,nc
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is a dump we pulled up and was so disappointed but went in anyway. At check in the man was very rude at every question we asked him I then asked if I could speak to a manager and he said he was the owner and if I didn't like his answer I could take my business elsewhere. We ended up leaving he still charged our card 100.00 but it was still worth it not to stay in a roach motel. We found a much nicer hotel for the same price please people looked elsewhere you will regret booking here.

4 Thank acarson26
Myrtle Beach J, Owner at Gazebo Inn Ocean Front, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
I guess that I shouldn't be surprised by your review based upon your actions at the front desk, or for that matter your unfavorable reviews of many of the other well respected businesses in Myrtle Beach to including the highly rated Ripley's Aquarium and Crabby Mikes Seafood Buffet. Apparently your are not an easy family to please, therefore I am sure that this reply will fall upon deaf ears but here goes.

First and foremost I find it rather amusing that you are labeling us as a "roach motel" when you never made it past the front desk. When you came to check in you asked to shorten your stay from 3 days to 1 day. You gave no explanation for the cancelation request. Nobody was rude to you. We simply explained to you that you had reserved and confirmed for three nights and that we would be unable refund your deposit or shorten your stay as requested at check in. Not only do we have a 14 day cancelation policy as stated in the confirmation that you received, but we do not rent for one night only in season.

When your request was denied, you became irate and asked to speak to the manager at which time you were told that you were speaking to the owner. Nobody told you that if you did not like what we had to say that you could take your business elsewhere. You told us that you were going to go and try to find other accommodations for one night. We never did hear back from you , however the room was still held in your name as a confirmed reservation.

In closing I would like to say that I am happy to hear that you were able to find other lodging that better met your needs and that you do not intend to return to the Gazebo in the future.

Best of luck to you,

Julie & David
Pulaski, Virginia
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

I was skeptical at first, the after hours check in process had me a little worried since we were arriving after midnight. However, everything went as planned and there were no problems at all. The rooms were clean, nothing at all below par. The hotel was quiet and safe. The money we saved by staying here allowed us to do some other things that we would have normally had to pass up, so we were all very pleased with that. I would say to any review that complained about the maid service- have some self respect. We stayed here with 3 kids and 2 adults. I expect the kids to pick up and put away their things even while on vacation. And as an adult, you should do the same. We had no problem paying the $25 deposit up front and no problem getting it back when we left, because we didn't leave a mess. Nobody should have to clean your mess, even if you're staying at the Ritz-Carlton.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Sweetness828
You go girl! I couldn't have said it better myself. Sadly there are people out there that simply do not have respect for themselves never mind the property and their fellow guests. And you are right...even the Ritz Carlton is going to charge you for leaving the kind of filth behind that those folks did. I would like to THANK YOU so much for giving credit to our hardworking housekeeping staff. I really appreciate that. They truly do an outstanding job and it is always goes a long way with them when one of our guests recognizes their efforts. I will be sure to show them your review. That's fantastic.

I am so happy that you and your family found the Gazebo to be such a pleasant surprise and a great value. That is wonderful. We truly appreciate your business and are we are all happy to hear that you would definitely consider staying with us again the next time you are in Myrtle Beach. We are looking forward to seeing you soon.

Julie :-)
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

I couldn't wait until I got home to wemrite a review! We just left after a 4 night stay (boo hoo!!) abd wanted to share my thoughts on the gazebo inn. First I will say that I am a tripadvisor junkie. I read all the reviews before I stay at a hotel or eat at a restaurant. After reading the reviews of previous guests and the responses by the owners ( ok Julie!) i knew I was going to be happy staying at the Gazebo Inn.

I have stayed at some of the most exclusive and some of the most run down hotels around the world and many in between. The Gazebo Inn is a frill free- basic hotel that gives you great value for the price. However, what it lacks in lots of amenities, it makes up for in many many other areas.
We stayed in room 1308 and while it wasn't ocean front, it is angled in such a way that you have a great ocean view from your balcony. Leave the door open and you can watch the waves while you eat breakfast.
Room was clean and the kitchenette had practically new appliances in top condition, including coffee maker.

Our housekeeper was wonderful, friendly and cleaned our room well and made sure we had fresh towels daily.

Sure, there are some areas that have water stains or places that are a little dated. WHO CARES!! If you are looking for the Ritz, stay at $400 per nt hotels! We were there for the beach and were pleasantly surprised at how comfy the rooms were.

Most important, the owners and staff are very proud of this little hotel and defend their reputation and guests when necessary. It was quiet, family friendly and the beach area right in front of the hotel was PERFECT!! If you looked left or right up the beaches you could see the hoardes of people on top of each other, while the guests at Gazebo Inn enjoyed a relatively quiet, less crowded beach.

Pool area is cleaned nightly. The ONLY negative I have is that I would love a smoke free pool area. :)

All in all, if you are looking for a budget hotel, this is it. Just don't expect to pull one over on Julie - you want to lie or cheat your way to a room, she'll get you every time. :)

Thanks to Julie and Jane and all the staff for really allowing us to have a very relaxing vacation!

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank LoveToTraveI
Myrtle Beach J, Owner at Gazebo Inn Ocean Front, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
I LOVE IT! What a FANTASTIC review! Thank you so much! You guys are the BEST, and we certainly enjoyed having you as much as you enjoyed being here. Having fun folks like you around makes what can be often times long hours very enjoyable ones. I am so happy that things went so well, and for the record I agree with the smoke free pool deck. Just tough to do here. Maybe someday :-)

Thank you so much for your loyal patronage! We are all looking forward to having you as our guests at the Gazebo Inn again...hopefully in the very near future.

Winfield
Reviewed 13 July 2014

The Gazebo Inn is the best place to stay! It is by far the best value in Myrtle Beach. The location is perfect, our room was spotless, and everyone down to the maid staff were so friendly and nice. I look forward to coming back to stay here :)

• Stayed July 2014
I am so happy that you had such a wonderful time during your stay with us. That is terrific! We greatly appreciate your business, and we are definitely looking forward to your next visit! See you at the beach~

Best regards,