“A small diamond amid the rhinestones.”

Gazebo Inn Ocean Front
Ranked #45 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
York, South Carolina, United States
“A small diamond amid the rhinestones.”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

My husband and I researched our trip before coming to Myrtle Beach and I must confess I was very disappointed that we were going to stay yet again in Myrtle and not at another location. I have had so many negative experiences in this area that I was not really expecting much when we arrived. We are here 5 days Aug.10-15.Boy was I surprised. The staff was friendly and helpful and our side view efficiency room was very neat, clean, and well supplied. Off to a great start.The location is good for us as it is near enough to what we came for.The hotel requires all of us to be quiet and respectful after 10 pm and I actually got great sleep during our stay! Add the fact that parking permits are limited to one per room and we actually got to park at our hotel and not blocks away! We are no longer spring chickens and walking is done as needed only. We Need to walk the beach and this is another point of satisfaction. The ease of reaching the beach is among the best. We have stayed at the bigger more trendy places and been disappointed. I will gladly come back and stay in Myrtle as long as we can stay here at the Gazebo Inn! Now time for a swim and beach walk while we are still here.

Room Tip: Our efficiency was well supplied and the "side view" was an awesome view! Very nice and cl...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Suzy B
Myrtle Beach J, Owner at Gazebo Inn Ocean Front, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
A small diamond amid the rhinestones! I love it! Thank you so much. I am so happy to hear that you were able to enjoy yourselves so much while staying with us, and that you found us to be such a great location and value. You were so much fun to have around, and all of us here hated to see you go! We truly appreciate your business, and we are looking forward to your next visit to the beach!

Warm Regards,
Julie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
PRINCETON, wv
Reviewed 13 August 2014

WE had just spent a week in Murrells Inlet and decided to stay a couple more days in myrlte. Decided we would check at the first vacancy sign. Went to inquire at front desk about a room. Awesome customer service!! Room was not yet ready but she took our phone # and called us when it was cleaned. Nice room. Loved the rockers on the balcony instead of the usual plastic chairs!!Was able to drink our morning coffee rocking away while watching the sun rise. Only problem was that we only had two days to stay. Will be back when in Myrlte. Can tell that renovations/updates are being done. Nice family atmosphere. As far as people complaints, YOU CAN'T PLEASE SOME PEOPLE!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ALMOST HEAVEN W
Myrtle Beach J, Owner at Gazebo Inn Ocean Front, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Thank you so much for the fabulous review! I am so happy that you stumbled across our little place, and happier still that you enjoyed it as much as you did. That is fantastic! Fun folks like you really make the long hours worth while, and what can sometimes be a tough job a very enjoyable one. I would also like to thank you for mentioning our hard working staff. They really are amazing, and we feel very fortunate to have them all.

I closing I would like to say that we truly appreciate your business! I am also happy to hear that you plan on staying with us again the next time you visit Myrtle Beach! We are all looking forward to seeing you again.

Warm Regards from the Coast~
Huntington, West Virginia, United States
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We recently stayed at "The Gazebo Inn" from Aug 3rd - 8th. Before deciding on a place to stay I researched and decided to give The Gazebo a try. I am so glad we did. If you are looking for a clean oceanfront hotel this is it. The owners are very honest that this is a "no frills" place to stay but who needs all that. I will say we have stayed at other resorts and you pay for the amenities and most of the time you don't use them. The Gazebo Inn met our expectations and needs and the money we saved allowed us to do other things at the beach. The staff were very nice and even stopped what they were doing to say hello and speak to my little girl every morning on our way to the beach. If you spend most of your day on the beach and just need a place to put your things and lay your head down at night then this is your place. I will be staying again next year you can not beat it.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Myrtle Beach J, Owner at Gazebo Inn Ocean Front, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Cute and Cozy! What a terrific compliment, and especially so since that is exactly the kind of atmosphere we hope to offer our guests when they stay here with us. As you mentioned we are not a fancy resort with all the bells and whistles, however if clean and quiet are what you are looking for (not to mention a much nicer price) the Gazebo Inn is your kind of place. I couldn't agree with you more, and to be honest with you I look for exactly the same kind of property whenever I travel. Who wants to spend all of their money on a place to lay their heads.

In closing I would like to thank you and your family for your business. We truly appreciate your patronage, and we are definitely looking forward to seeing you again the next time you are at the beach ~

Best,
Ledgewood, NJ
Reviewed 9 August 2014

My family and I recently completed a 5 night stay at the Gazebo Inn and would definitely recommend this property to others who are looking for beachfront accommodations. It is owned and operated by a family who does their utmost to provide a comfortable, safe, and cordial environment for their guests. While it does not offer significantly upscale amenities such as imported toiletries and designer linens, the Gazebo Inn is very comfortable and entirely liveable. Everything is very well-maintained and unquestionably clean; the staff does a superlative job. If you are looking for an excellent value for your vacation dollar, the Gazebo Inn is an outstanding choice. We would certainly return!

Room Tip: Oceanfront rooms offer unparalleled views!
2 Thank TripmomLedgewood_NJ
Myrtle Beach J, Owner at Gazebo Inn Ocean Front, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Thank you for sharing your latest Gazebo Inn experience with other travelers. We always enjoy having you and your family as our guests, and it is certainly nice to know that we met all of your needs and expectations during your most recent visit with us. Our repeat guests are so very important to the success of our business and I want you to know how much we value yours.

I hope that you enjoy the next leg of your journey as much as you seemed to enjoy this one. We are definitely looking forward to seeing you all again the next time you visit Myrtle Beach!

Best Regards,
Kings Mountain, North Carolina
Reviewed 9 August 2014

My husband and I booked a last minute weekend getaway and everything was booked until we happened to find this little place. Some of the reviews made us unsure if it was worth the stay, but this trip was a reward for my daughter being potty trained, so we decided to book anyways since nothing else was available. However, we were really glad we did. The staff was friendly, the room was clean and a perfect oceanfront room. I had a 2 year old and a 7 week old with me, so the fact that it was actually quite there after 10pm was a huge bonus as well. We would defiantly stay again and I recommend it to anyone!

1 Thank 120TracyS120
Thank you for the kind review. I am so happy that you decided to give us a try, and of course even happier that you found us to be such a great little family vacation spot. That is awesome. We really do work hard to offer our guests a clean, comfortable, affordable family friendly experience so its so nice to know that we hit that mark with you. We truly appreciate your business and we are most definitely looking forward to your next visit to the Gazebo Inn!

Warm Regards,
York
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Very dissatisfied with the lady at the front desk Friday morning I went to check out and told her we wouldn't be staying Friday and Saturday night and she was so rude like you're not getting a deposit which I hadn't paid a deposit to be refund when was on the fourth floor and out in the hallway it smell like a shank it was real bad smell.

• Stayed July 2014
4 Thank August1964
Myrtle Beach J, Manager at Gazebo Inn Ocean Front, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
I am sorry that you feel that you were treated rudely at checkout. That was certainly not our intention. We simply stated that we wished that you had let us know earlier that you did not intend on keeping the rooms as we had turned down several customers looking for the same rooms the night before.

You came in without a reservation Thursday night and only had enough money for one night. You asked us to hold two rooms for you for Friday and Saturday nights until Friday morning when you would have access to the additional funds that you needed. We went ahead and held these rooms for you (without payment) and in good faith, turning down several other customers in the process. Friday morning the weather turned bad, so of course people were not coming in off the street to rent rooms as they had been the night before. Rather than letting us know early that you were not going to stay, you waited until AFTER checkout time then came up and turned in your keys and said that you decided to not stay. I merely said that I wished you had let us know sooner so that we could have released your reservation and had the opportunity to rent the rooms to another family. I didn't realize that there were any bad feelings on either side.

As for the odor that you speak of, I honestly do not know what you are referring to. I don't recall any such issue and had not other complaints. I truly feel that the bad weather played a factor here, and I hope that you journey home went a little smother for you.

Hillsville, Virginia
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We just got home today after spending 6 nights here. We stayed there last year and enjoyed our stay both times. We had room 1512 and really loved this room .very clean and great oceanfront view. We witnessed a rowdy family get asked to leave so its good to know they have no problem telling you to leave if you cant follow the rules.

• Stayed July 2014
Myrtle Beach J, Owner at Gazebo Inn Ocean Front, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Thank you for the great review guys! I am so happy that you enjoyed the place and that you found us to be such a great spot for your family vacation. I am sorry that you had to put up with that rowdy crew at the pool. It never ceases to amaze me how inconsiderate some people can be, however as you mentioned we will not tolerate that kind stuff here and they were asked to leave the property immediately.

In closing I would like to say that we are all happy to hear that you plan to stay with us again the next time you are in Myrtle Beach, and we are most definitely looking forward to seeing you once again when you do!

Best Regards~