“Nice weekend getaway”

Ranked #45 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Radford, Virginia
“Nice weekend getaway”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I stayed at the Gazebo Inn with my girlfriend from August 13th - 17th. We really enjoyed it. Everyone was very nice to us and helpful. the room was comfortable as well. I highly recommend the Gazebo if your looking for a quality hotel at a good price.

Room Tip: we stayed oceanfront king size bed. that's the way to go
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CCampbell7506
Myrtle Beach J, Owner at Gazebo Inn Ocean Front, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
There is nothing better than a little weekend getaway, is there? I am so happy that you enjoyed yours here with us! That is fantastic. We really want to offer our guests the kind of quaint and quiet atmosphere that we look for in a place when we travel. I am so happy to hear that you found just that when you stumbled upon our little place.

We truly appreciate your business, and we are hope to see you again the next time that you take a trip to the beach!

Julie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
North Carolina
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I got a great room rate at the Gazebo Inn by taking advantage of the 4 night cash special mentioned on their website. It was only $55 per night for an oceanfront room with private balcony. I much prefer smaller "mom and pop" type places like this one rather than the impersonal high rises, as long as they're clean and comfortable, which the Gazebo Inn is. With the Memorial Day holiday just passed, we had no problem finding a parking space in the street level lot, but they also have a parking lot underneath as well if your vehicle isn't too tall. Our checkin at 3:00 pm was smooth even if it wasn't swift, and they had a room ready for us on the 3rd floor, oceanfront as requested. There is no lobby to speak of and no public restroom, so if you get to town before check in time, you might want to stop at a fast food place to use the restroom or change clothes before arrival.

Our room size was average for a hotel room with 2 double beds, and it had a chest of drawers, and a half size refrigerator/freezer with a microwave on top. There was a closet with a few hangers, and a small table with 2 chairs by the picture window. The ocean front view was gorgeous, rain or shine. Instead of sliding glass doors to the private balcony, there is a real door with a deadbolt, and instead of plastic chairs, their balconies all feature wonderful handmade wooden rocking chair that are a real step up from the usual cheap plastic chairs most places offer.
There was a TV with remote control (not flat screen but a good sized TV) and a stand up card listing the channels they offer which was very helpful. The room was clean (though there were a few cosmetic issues of the type you would expect in an older oceanfront hotel) and our housekeeping was done by two different ladies in the 4 days we were there, both of whom were efficient and pleasant. The beds and linens were not luxurious, but they were clean and comfortable. The bathroom wasn't large, but not cramped either, and had plenty of counter space for two people's toiletries. The shower had surprisingly good water pressure, something you don't always find in hotels much more expensive. The towels and wash cloths were clean and absorbent, and the maid brought fresh ones each day. There was no hairdryer or amenities such as shampoo, conditioner or lotion, but for the money I saved on our room rate I'm just as happy to bring my own from home. (If one were flying in and didn't want to check a bag, you could always pick up shampoo, conditioner and lotion from one of the nearby stores like Dollar Tree or CVS on King's Highway.) The wifi was a huge improvement from when I stayed here last year. They have obviously upgraded their equipment, and I really appreciated that! They give you the wifi password when you check in.

The air conditioning worked fine, but for those who are picky about these things, I will mention that it is a little loud when it runs. Our room was right across from the ice machine, and we could occasionally hear a little noise from that, but nothing bothersome. There's no restaurant on premises, but there is a drink machine and a snack machine on site, and across the street is a nice pancake house that serves breakfast and lunch, and a hot dog/ice cream stand that is open for lunch and dinner or an evening treat.
If you are looking for a resort with a lazy river or water slide, this isn't the place, but the Gazebo Inn's swimming pool and hot tub seem to have been resurfaced since my last visit here, and both were very clean.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank TarHeelLady
Mom and Pop is the perfect way to describe us. Thank you! I am so happy to hear that you found us to be such a great little place. Thank is awesome! I also appreciate you taking the time to write such a detailed review. It was fantastic. We did a lot of work to the place over the winter, and I really appreciate you taking the time to highlight a lot of our efforts. That was great. As you mentioned in your review, we are not a big fancy kind of place with all of the bells and whistles that the much higher priced resorts offer. We are a simple clean, quiet, reasonably priced place that caters to families and couples. I am happy to hear that our little place fit your wants and needs perfectly. That is terrific.

We would like to thank you and your family for your business and we are definitely looking forward to seeing you all again the next time you visit the Myrtle Beach area.

Best Regards,
Reviewed 19 August 2014

My husband and my 2 boys traveled to Myrtle Beach during tax free weekend a couple of weeks ago, while we didn't make reservations we assumed we could find somewhere to stay. It was raining and I was steady getting out of the vehicle running in to Hotels to check for availability and price...Wow! One Hotel attendee pushed a price in front of me for $309 for ONE NIGHT, most wanted a 2 night stay...so we went to the Gazebo Inn, where we had stayed years ago! I walked in she let me look at the different rooms styles, the room wasn't quite ready for check in so she took my cell number and called once it was ready. It was so CLEAN, PEACEFUL and everything else good that you could imagine. We will hopefully be visiting and staying next weekend...LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

Room Tip: Either type of room is great! You will see the Ocean no matter which room you get!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Kristie H
Thank you so much! You are a blessing to us too, believe me. There is nothing better than hearing about such a positive experience from a new guest. That is fantastic. We really depend on repeat business, therefore excellent service is a must. I am so happy to know that we succeeded with you and your family. We do our best to offer our guests clean and comfy accommodations without breaking the bank. I am glad to know that we hit that mark with you.

In closing I would like to thank you once again for you business . It is nice to know that you would definitely stay with us again the next time you are in Myrtle beach, and we will certainly be glad to see you again when you do!

Beattyville, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed 18 August 2014

we have stayed with the gazebo inn for several years and often 3 or 4 times a year and we have always enjoyed each and every stay and the quality and price us wonderful and we have always recommended the gazebo inn to everyone that we know
thanks to the staff, owners, and other patrons of the gazebo you all are well worth my repeat visiting thanks for making us feel like people not numbers to share holders thanks again

Room Tip: ocean front always is excelent
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Dg M
You guys are the BEST! Thank you for sharing such a fabulous review with the other Trip Advisor members that might be considering a stay with us. I really appreciate that. There is nothing better in this business than repeat and referral business so THANK YOU so much for both. That is great. You are always a blast to have here each and every time that you stay with us, and we always look forward to your next visit the minute that you leave. So THANK YOU for making US feel so special. It is truly a blessing to have such loyal friendship and patronage.

We look forward to seeing you all on your next trip to the beach~

Blacksburg
Reviewed 16 August 2014

First, I would like to say Julie is one of the nicest people you could ever meet. I took my mom & dad who are 80 & 81 years of age to spend a week at beach. They had a fantastic time. Both are handicapped and Julie went out of her way to make our stay the best possible. The rooms were very nice. The housekeeping was excellent and all the staff were very nice. I highly reccomend The Gazebo Inn on your next visit to Myrtle Beach!

• Stayed August 2014
You guys are so sweet! Thank you so much for the beautiful compliments. They mean a great deal to all of your friends here at the Gazebo, you can believe that! We really enjoyed having you and your parents here with us for the week, and it is certainly nice to hear that the three of you enjoyed your stay with us as much as you did. That is terrific. Having guests such as yourselves on a regular basis definitely make this business fun. Thank you for that.

We really enjoyed meeting you all, and we sincerely hope that you will choose to stay with us once again the next time you visit the Myrtle Beach area.

Bes Regardst,
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Can't say enough good things. Great first impression upon check in. We arrived well before our check in time but went ahead and paid for our room. Left my number with the desk and they called us to let us know our room was ready. Clean room. Courteous staff. Convenient. Had a wonderful stay. Will stay again. Thanks for a great week!

• Stayed August 2014
I am so happy to hear that from start to finish you had such a wonderful experience at the Gazebo. That is fantastic. Excellent service with that personal touch is in my opinion one of the most desirable qualities that can only be found in a small family owned and operated business. I am also happy to hear that you would definitely choose to stay with us again, and would recommend us to your friends and family members. There is nothing better than that.

We truly appreciate your business, and we are definitely looking forward to having you as our guests again in the near future.

York, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed 14 August 2014

My husband and I researched our trip before coming to Myrtle Beach and I must confess I was very disappointed that we were going to stay yet again in Myrtle and not at another location. I have had so many negative experiences in this area that I was not really expecting much when we arrived. We are here 5 days Aug.10-15.Boy was I surprised. The staff was friendly and helpful and our side view efficiency room was very neat, clean, and well supplied. Off to a great start.The location is good for us as it is near enough to what we came for.The hotel requires all of us to be quiet and respectful after 10 pm and I actually got great sleep during our stay! Add the fact that parking permits are limited to one per room and we actually got to park at our hotel and not blocks away! We are no longer spring chickens and walking is done as needed only. We Need to walk the beach and this is another point of satisfaction. The ease of reaching the beach is among the best. We have stayed at the bigger more trendy places and been disappointed. I will gladly come back and stay in Myrtle as long as we can stay here at the Gazebo Inn! Now time for a swim and beach walk while we are still here.

Room Tip: Our efficiency was well supplied and the "side view" was an awesome view! Very nice and cl...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Suzy B
A small diamond amid the rhinestones! I love it! Thank you so much. I am so happy to hear that you were able to enjoy yourselves so much while staying with us, and that you found us to be such a great location and value. You were so much fun to have around, and all of us here hated to see you go! We truly appreciate your business, and we are looking forward to your next visit to the beach!