“Great affordable place to stay.” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Days Inn Myrtle Beach-Grand Strand
Ranked #150 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Akron, NY
“Great affordable place to stay.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2011

Spent a few days in Myrtle Beach to visit friends. Mickey and her staff were always ready to get us what we needed and told us the best places to go.

There were no issues with check-in or the room. This is an older hotel, but is well-maintained and clean. You won't pay the high end rate found in some of the resorts.

The ocean is across the street. There is a nice, clean pool on the property, but we did not use it.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank thequeenofheat2

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Thinnisantaonorgus
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2011

I had the task of planning out a fairly complicated New Years Eve adventure involving myself and around eight other people staying in separate rooms, so when it came time to deciding on a motel I found this specific Days Inn and figured it was worth a shot. I've stayed in many motels (what can I say, I'm a frequent traveler), so I thought I knew what to expect.

Luckily, I found that the Days Inn Grand Strand easily surpassed my expectations - very clean and inviting, just a quick walk away from the beach, and supplied with accommodations that I hadn't been expecting, such as a microwave and fridge. In addition, the staff was incredibly friendly, honest and courteous of our somewhat over sized group - especially Mickey at the front desk.

Overall, highly recommended and very affordable.

• Stayed December 2010
1 Thank TheTarman
Middle-West Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2010

Got in late, did not have reservation, took what we can, stayed 1 night, just passing through. Quick walk to the beach, would reccommend staying close to Broadway at the Beach inland a couple blocks. That is where my wife and I spent most of our time.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Gulf Shores, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2010

I came to get relaxation and have family fun... That I received... From the Front Desk clerks (Mickey ) (Lyle) were Excellent.. Great personalities.. Fun.. Helpful.. Just amazing .. I wished that all the hotel that I stayed in was as helpful as they were.. Mickey showed us places to go..Ideas for things to do.. and A Hit!
We went to Pool everyday as well as the beach.. Folks.. It is a hop-skip and jump to the beach.. Just across the street..
I read all the negative things that people wrote and come to a conclusion.. Cant just make everyone happy.. My say was Excellent.. I will be back and send more people to your hotel.. Keep up the great work.. See ya all again in the fall..

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Anna246
Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2010

We had seen negative reviews for this motel, but , after staying there, we have no idea what they were talking about. It was clean, the breakfast was good, and the staff was so helpful! The room was much larger than we expected. We had to cross the street to get to the beach, but that was not a problem for us.
The pool was clean and there was not a lot of noise. We stayed there for three nights and would do so again.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Whooze
pilot mountain, nc
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2010

there was rat terds in the sleeper sofa, the room stunk, and there was trash in the pool, it needs to be updated very bad, it was awful, i couldn't wait to leave, never again will i stay at a Days Inn!!!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank shawtcake

Travellers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Kentucky
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2009

We have stayed at this place numerous times. The first time we stayed there it was great, but each time I've stayed there it is going downhill. I am not one of these super picky people that expects everything to be perfect for a $39.99/night room, but this place could use some serious renovations. I'm an old redneck that can skin a deer then eat a bologna sandwich using the same knife, but c'mon now. This will most likely be my last stay. Specifically, our room was only cleaned once while we were there. The tub is filthy. Carpet and fixtures were nasty and filthy. If they could just do some simple upgrades, like new carpet and fresh paint it wouldn't be a bad place. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. The night manager that lives there could not be a more helpful person. The place is also very quiet. But, pay a little more and you'll get a much better room.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family