“Very Nice Hotel in Myrtle Beach” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach at 48th Avenue

La Quinta Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach at 48th Avenue
Ranked #55 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
New York City, New York
“Very Nice Hotel in Myrtle Beach”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2012

I just stayed here for a mini vacation, and overall found this to be a nice hotel with a friendly staff. I was pleasantly surprised to see both a microwave and fridge in my room, as I wasn't expecting that, and it wasn't on their site as a room amenity. The daily free breakfast was nice, typical waffles, cereal, juice, etc, due to my itinerary I only had it once. The location was good, not necessarily where all the action is, but still close to the beach, restaurants, convenience stores, etc. Yes, this hotel allows animals, but I only saw a few small dogs, and all were on leashes and I heard no barking or other noise while in the room or hotel in general. Only very minor thing is the carpet was pretty clean in the room but did have some stains in some areas (looked like maybe from juice/wine/ink and a water stain around the fridge), which didn't detract from the stay but was noticeable. But overall I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank missddc

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
vacationer33
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

Very friendly staff. Unexpected visit and the staff were very friendly and compassionate. Pet friendly with smoking and non smoking rooms available. Went for 2 nights and extended the stay for 2 weeks with no problems

• Stayed February 2012
EASTON
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2012

I'd seen some of the negative reviews of this establishment here on TripAdvisor and other review sites and was somewhat leery of booking here, but i took a leap of faith and booked anyway.We're so glad we did!! The staff, from housekeeping staff to maintenance to front desk people were extremely nice and helpful. The room was roomy and very clean and well furnished, the bed was so comfortable! The location wasn't too bad, but it's winter and we weren't going to the beach. There were restaurants and grocery stores nearby. It was our 26th wedding anniversary, and we enjoyed our Valentine's Day anniversary stay and would recomment this facility to anybody!

Room Tip: This particular LaQuinta Inn had people with pets on the first floor, and those without on the other...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Dave A
San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2012

The ladies at the front desk, both daytime and night, were the nicest, most helpful people and I appreciated their help in locating an address in the 'burbs of MB. I shared my homemade biscotti with them. I do pick La Quintas because I have two dogs. The facility does need some updating but, again, the kindness and friendliness of Bonnie and the other cute blonde lady were more important to me. Besides that, the room was clean and comfortable and my breakfast waffles tasty

Room Tip: stayed 2 nights in January; not crowded at all and I could have had my pick of rooms.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank bichonwheaten
Nags Head, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2011

We needed to make a road trip to Myrtle Beach and like La Quinta because it is pet friendly and very accomadating with pets. The rates were good and the front staff were very friendly. The room was ok but not outstanding or, in my opinion really acceptable. The bed was comfortable but there was pet dander everywhere, which wasn't as much of an issue as the whole room needed to be dusted and really "underneath" cleaned. The floors had been vacumed but around everything, you could tell nothing had been moved in quite a while as the corners held a lot of dust and debris. The bathroom floors had been mopped but really needed to be scrubbed. There were no bags in the trash cans, so they needed cleaning, not that I put my hands in trash cans, its just another corner I felt was cut. There were no dirty laundry bags available and the counter was stained with some kind of hard stuff, maybe super glue. While I wasn't freaking about the state of the room, if we had been staying longer than 2 nights, we would have left or changed rooms for sure. We were there just to sleep and shower. The drawers and underneath the sink at the kitchen counter had not been cleaned in a while. All in all, the room was ok for a sleeping place but housekeeping is surely not doing their job. My complaint would be with the housekeeping supervisor as if he/she inspected this room and called it acceptable, then they need to raise their standards or be replaced.

The breakfast area and front reception was outstanding. As I said, staff was very friendly and helpful. This isn't the best La Quinta we have stayed at, but it is acceptable for just sleeping. The grounds were well kept as well. Being at the rear of the hotel wasn't great as we heard water flowing every time someone above us flushed or showered. That's not anything the staff can fix though but we will def stay up front or higher up if we ever have the need to stay there again. The fold out couch is nothing I would have slept on had we needed it - it needed to be replaced in the worst way.

Room Tip: We were at the rear on the 3rd floor and heard water running every time someone above us flushed or...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank RnB13
South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2011

I visit Myrtle Beach frequently for a quick getaway.
I stayed here this trip to the beach because it was a little cheaper and closer to the beach.
I decided to give it a try but I was very disappointed.
While the staff was very friendly polite and helpful the hotel itself was struggling to be average.
It was within walking distance to a couple of nice restaurants....but that was it.
You cannot walk to the beach or any where else.
It's on a main 4 lane drag and backs up to a residential area.

The "upgrade" that I had to a king sized suite with a microwave and a fridge was a joke.
The room was tiny (the bathroom so small you could hardly turn around in it).
The placement of the appliances was so awkward it was laughable.
The hall was NOISY and one of the elevators was out of order.
There was a weird thudding noise over and over (I think it was coming from the broken elevator.
A bus tour group of seniors came in at 11:00 at night and it sounded like a herd of elephants clumping down the hall.

While the people were friendly and kind, this is not my idea of a pleasant beach weekend place.

I don't think I will choose this La Quinta again when I go to the beach. .
I'll pay the extra couple of bucks and definitely stay at the Broadway at the Beach location.
(Newer, nicer, cleaner and better location)

I am a woman who travels alone and my question is always: "Would I let my mother stay here?"
The answer this time? A resounding NO!

Room Tip: Don't get a room anywhere near the elevators or the ice machines!
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo