“VERY COMFORTABLE STAY”

Ranked #44 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Columbus, Ohio
“VERY COMFORTABLE STAY”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

If you are expecting a resort experience, stay at one of the resorts. We just needed a comfortable hotel with a pool that was near the beach, and that is what we had. The staff was very accommodating, the pool and exercise room very appreciated, and the walk to the beach was better than I expected. (Though I wouldn't enjoy it with small children, strollers, coolers or chairs.)

The bathrooms did need an update, but they were clean. The breakfast was disappointing, but there IS a pancake/waffle house everywhere Pet friendly hotels are a crapshoot (no pun intended), and we had no problems.

We have certainly paid more for worse accommodations, and we would not hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank carolt130

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I have been staying at this hotel every other weekend for the past two years and the staff is great! They accomodate my stays and are always friendly. The rooms are clean and not far from the beach and shopping. Although they accept pets I have never been a room where I can hear the barking.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank norman380
Mason, Ohio, USA
Reviewed 18 July 2014

This was my second visit to Myrtle Beach and I stayed in the same two room suite I stayed last time, they have made many improvements since then, very close to the beach, less than 5 minutes of walk to the beach.

1 Thank 548ajayv
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Let me say this first i am a silver member for laquinta. I have been going to La Quinta for quite sometime all over the country and this place is just horrible. As usual I called ahead of time to see what was the earliest i could check in because some places will flex the time so you can come in earlier and i was told 1230 if rooms were available, so i came in about 1 and was told that the policy was 3 o'clock no earlier. Mind you this was the manager that was talking to me and she was very rude and i brought up the fact that i called ahead of time and all she did was tell me that whoever said that was wrong. She just gave me an ugly look and "attempted" to help us check in early. If you have a policy of no earlier than 3pm, then make sure you tell all of your employees so that we don't have to deal with your rudeness just because we were told by one of YOUR employees that we can check in earlier. Also i don't get why we get charged twice for the one night we stayed. They told me the first charge was a "pending" charge and here i am 2days later with both charges finalized and my bank told me nothing was just a "pending" charge. This was the first la quinta i have ever been too where when you checked in they charged you for the room and hold it as a "pending" charge and then when you leave they charge you for the actual stay. This is a very shady operation in my opinion. Because now i'm being charged twice for a one night stay and they will not and cannot do anything from their side. They blamed my bank for doing it. I'm sorry i've had my bank account for 18years and this is the first time they messed up...WRONG it was their fault and they just kept on brushing it off as a bank error.

Once we finally checked in, the Room was"clean" however the t.v. was still on, drawers open, bed looked "made" up but it looked more like someone rushed to make it appear clean. Fridge was broken, wouldn't close all the way. The microwave had food remnants everywhere. The shower was moldy an we had only two towels, no wash cloths, shampoo, floor towels etc. ice bucket smelled like someone put fish in it and left it for days. three of the 5 pillows had yellowish stains on them.

Breakfast was horrible. They had a line formed for the waffle machine and some elderly woman was the only one allowed to use it and it took forever for her to make us breakfast. and there were only 2 of the 3 machines functioning. Then she put out new bagels and muffins with no gloves on and when she went back into the storage room she was blowing her nose, and didn't wash afterwards. The apple juice and orange juice ran out and nothing was done about it. cereal was stale, two of the yogurts floating in the ice were expired, just horrible and the managers/ desk people didn't even care to lend a hand or anything. Everyone here was just rude.

I am very disappointed at this place. myrtle beach was supposed to be a relaxing place but this hotel experience ruined it. If you have even $20 extra, stay somewhere else. this place is horrid.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank John A
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We stayed at your myrtle beach location for one night on July 4, 2014. I can honestly say this is the WORST hotel I've EVER stayed at. I've been MANY hotels throughout the country, and this was BY FAR the most disgusting room I've seen. First of all, they charged us $304 + tax (for one night!) which ended up costing $340 which is rediculous. We could have stayed in a 5 star hotel for cheaper than that. We only stayed because we desperately needed a place for our 16 month and 3 year old to sleep. The room was so disgusting I actually felt dirtier when we left the room the next morning. The bathroom was so GROSS... There was urine on the toilet seat (a large amount), LOTS of black hair in the shower and on EVERY towel. The sink had dirt in it, and the bathroom floor looked like it hadn't been mopped in years. The shower curtain was moldy and dirty. I wouldn't let my children step foot in there. The sheets appeared ok, although I was scared to inspect too closely, but the next morning, my 16 month old woke up with 10 bites on her, which I can only assume were bedbugs. Ugh, the thought of it makes me sick. I did mention some of this to the woman at the front desk the next morning, who was very kind and refunded me $50. I was satisfied at the time, but after thinking about it, have decided that I would NEVER, EVER stay at a La Quinta Inn again, or ever let any of my friends or family even CONSIDER staying there. I wouldn't even take my DOG there. People need to know, I wish I would've.

• Stayed July 2014
7 Thank Nicholegill
Reviewed 7 July 2014

This hotel is a bit less expensive than others in the area, but there is a good reason for that. The hotel, including all areas needs a good make over. It's a good candidate for Hotel Impossible. It's dirty and outdated and just makes you feel unclean being in it.

2 Thank Z9644YLlaurad
Myrtle Beach, United States
Reviewed 7 July 2014

This is not the LaQuinta Inns & Suites that I'm used to. I've stayed at a few and this one is truly SUBSTANDARD! Room was dirty and so was the Ice container. The bath tum was filthy! Rust and dirt! I would not recommend this hotel to a friend was .

5 Thank Judy B