“La Quinta visit 2014”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach at 48th Avenue
Ranked #53 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Great place to stay if you vacation with your pet! The staff overallis nice and the rooms are reasonable. I have a two year old and he enjoyed himself. I only wish we had a little more space, but it worked for its purpose. The pricing is reasonable and I would recommend. Being next to Friendlys also helped! Great place to eat with fido!

1  Thank Desiree M
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach at 48th Avenue

Reviewed 15 August 2014

Even though the room was "non-smoking" it wreaked of smoke. The A/C did't cool the room properly and the room, bed sheets and comforters, carpets & bathroom were filthy! (Sticky carpets, mascara on the pillows & hair in the bathrooms-Just to name a few!) There was even a fight outside our room door where a man was beating his dog in the hallway. My young daughter over heard the entire incident. We were given a full refund along with a list of excuses from the manager stating she knows the rooms are dirty and she has asked corporate to fix it and they simply will not. I have never given a review much less a negative one but this stay was for pleasure (it was our daughters birthday) and it was a miserable night of sleep in a FILTHY smoke smelling room with unprofessional management. I travel often and was so beyond disappointed. We will not return to a La Quinta especially if their corporate offices refuse to take action on a prime location hotel in a resort town. That says quite a bit in my opinion on how little they value repeat business, supporting their management and the overall quality of their hotels.

1  Thank Lisa M
A TripAdvisor Member
mt.holly n.c.
Reviewed 14 August 2014

This was the first time i used my points for a free stay. It was so easy and every one involved were so nice and friendly. The blonde lady manager at 48 ave was who got me to sign up for points and I thank her very much............

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 13 August 2014

There were several dead bugs laying on the bathroom floor! The room & floor smelled of mildew & damp carpet & the ceiling was peeling.

I stay in LQ hotels often & I must say this was by far the worst experience I've had.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Hattie at front desk was exceptional - gave us a room with microwave and fridge at no extra charge which was very nice - However, they were both pretty dirty. I felt it necessary to spay down the tub, shower curtain and bathroom counter with Clorox spray as they didn't appear clean. No seat to cover the toilet completely grossed me out & a single towel per guest is unacceptable. Housekeeping was very friendly and provided extra items when the front desk was not so helpful. This hotel is in an excellent location so it's a shame they don't update it and keep the animals on the first floor. Our final morning there we were awakened by a cat howling in the hallway & someone allowing their kid to run up and down the halls. The room is adequate but needs cleaning & updating. Just having a new TV doesn't do it for me...I want clean floors and bedding & pet friendly would be a turn off for me in the future.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

The room was not worth the money paid. It started out fine. But when the ANTS invaded our 3rd floor room that's when it started going down hill. And the main light was out in bathroom. Being older in age the light is much needed. We told the desk and the promptly sent someone up. However we were getting ready to leave for the day. The maintenance guy wanted to take an assessment of room and chatted, alot. He said that he would pass along the info to the other maintenance guy just in case he couldn't get to it. Which he DID NOT do. We told him that we were leaving and to give us 15 minutes to return. This was 9:15 am. When we returned at 3 pm to have lunch the ANTS were still crawling all over the dresser. When we called the front desk again the clerk told us that we were rude to the maintenance guy and that they didn't know when were leaving for the day, so they didn't know when it would be a good time to spray. I explained to the clerk very nicely that we told the maintenance guy exactly when we would be leaving/returning for the day. And that I wanted it sprayed earlier in the day so the smell would dissipate. Well they sent up another guy with an over the counter spray that smelled horrible. We had to prop the door to our room open so we would not have to smell the fumes of the bug spray. Then we asked about the light in bathroom. He left for awhile and when he come back he told us that their was nothing he could do about the light because they don't make those lights bulbs any more. For 200.00 a night I expect a ant free room with light that work. Is that to much to ask??? I don't think so.
It's sad that people/companies used to be proud of the service they provide, not its just about making a dollar. Would I stay here again...NO. I am sure there much nicer places to stay in Myrtle Beach for the same amount on money....Keep Looking don't use this hotel.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

I had to check into this hotel because the one I had booked was disgusting. I loved this place. The rooms were clean and they had a roll-in shower which was great for a wheelchair user like me. The elevators were fast. I couldn't even tell that there were pets in the hotel because I rellly heard no barking. I only saw them when I was outside. It's nice because there is a Friendly's next door. It's a very short walk/drive to the beaches and a short drive to Broadway at the beach and the strip

Room Tip: I just walked in and got a good room at a reasonable price. You may have been able to get it cheaper...