My husband two kids and I stayed at the Holiday Inn West at Waccamaw this past weekend. The hotel is nice and clean, the room was clean and average sized. We received a great rate which included breakfast for two and the kids ate free. The food was very good. The pools were clean and well kept, nice lobby, friendly staff and my husband enjoyed the drinks at the bar. a quiet hotel. Flaws about the hotel is the housekeepers are slow in cleaning the rooms. The first morning we left the hotel quite early to attend a track meet, three hours later after our return the room was not cleaned yet. We left a few minutes later for the pool, an hour later, the room was not cleaned, the maid then asked if we need service we replied "yes". We left again for at least 2 hours, guess what, the room was not cleaned! Instead she left a bag of towels sets and shampoo in front of the door. After complaining to the front desk, a maid came 30 minutes later and made the beds and set up the bathroom. Another flaw is the the tricky roads leading to the hotel. Be sure to follow the road sighns on hwy 501, lots of construction going on. Otherwise the hotel location is not bad, walking distance to an outlet mall and a nice waterway scenary in the back of the hotel. Good place to stay if you don't mind being ten minutes away fromt he beach and the very busy Ocean Blvd.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to our hotel, Clarion Hotel and Conference Center, located directly on the Intracoastal Waterway in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, just minutes from the sandy beaches of the Grand Strand! A place where visitors return time and time again to enjoy more than sixty miles of sunny, sandy beaches. Visitors enjoy golfing on championship courses, gourmet restaurants, exciting nightlife, retail and outlet shopping, and much more. Myrtle Beach, South Carolina embraces fun for everyone, offering key attractions like Broadway at the Beach, Ripley's Aquarium, Brookgreen Gardens, Huntington Beach State Park, Barefoot Landing, House of Blues, Alligator Adventure, La Belle Amie Vineyards, miniature golf, and amusement parks. The hotel is just minutes from great shopping at the Coastal Grand Mall, Tanger Outlets and the New Market Commons. While visiting, check out our huge line up of family dining and entertainment...Pirates Voyage, Medieval Times, the Palace Theater, Alabama Theater, Carolina Opry, Legends in Concert, IMAX 3D Theater, Planet Hollywood, Margaritaville, Rioz Brazilian Steakhouse, and many, many more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Clarion Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clarion Hotel And Conference Center
- Clarion Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Holiday Inn Myrtle Beach
- Myrtle Beach Holiday Inn