“Definitely recommended!”

Ranked #136 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Richmond, Virginia
“Definitely recommended!”
Reviewed 15 August 2011

Stayed here with some friends for a short birthday weekend. Hotel is very nice with decent rooms and a half-indoor/half-outdoor pool! The staff there was friendly and helpful when accommodating our party of 6. And, being only 5 miles from the beach was a good thing – far enough away to avoid most of the beach traffic and closer to the outlets and more restaurants!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
USA
Reviewed 19 July 2011

I used my credit card to pay which almost everyone does. Well when I tried to use my card my bank put a hold on it to alert me of some sort of fraudulent activity. When I called my bank I found out the hotel charged me twice for my stay. I talked to an associate at the desk and she assured me that they corrected the problem (NOT!). When I checked my account the money was still taken out when I called they told me that it might take up to 5 days and there was nothing else they could do.I understand that may be the policy, but they didnt even offer me anything to accomondate for their mistake. I never even talk to a manager he had someone from the front desk to relay the message!!Will not stay here again!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank INSPIRED11
jderossc439, General Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 8 August 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review the Clarion Hotel. We appreciate you coming to stay with us. I apologize for the confusion with the credit card and any inconvenience this has caused. We are addressing this issue and our procedures to prevent this in the future. I would like to apologize again for the inconvenience, if you have any questions please feel free to contact me direct.843 236 1000. Thank You, David Dozier

Travellers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

North Carolina
Reviewed 17 July 2011

I booked this hotel because most of the hotels along the beach were either booked solid or very expensive. Did not know that this Clarion does not include a free continental breakfast like all the other hotels in their class. I could have stayed at a comfort in closer to the beach for about 25.00 more. For what we had to pay a restaurant for breakfast the comfort Inn would have been the better value!! No ice machine on our floor, the tap water smelled like a swamp. The room was outdated but I will admit the bed was comfy. We will not be staying at this Clarion in the future. Pay the extra money and get a free breakfast with unlimited coffee and tea. Oh the location was okay but in an area that all the buildings were vacant, for example: malls and the Hard Rock Cafe amusement park, which is also closed...

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank harleymom
Thank you for taking the time to review the Clarion Hotel. We appreciate you coming to stay with us. I apologize for the confusion with no continental breakfast and any inconvenience this has caused. If you would like to discuss this further please feel free to contact me direct.843 236 1000. Thank You, David Dozier
Elberton, Georgia
Reviewed 8 July 2011

This hotel is an OLD Holiday Inn. I think Clarion must mean "Old Holdiay Inn" because the last three I have stayed in have been just that. Rooms are out of date. Furnishings are worn. What bothers me is the balconies are not safe for children. I have no idea what building code this place was built to comply with, but the slats on the balcony railing are so far apart that my son could have easliy walked between them. The slats were 4" wider than his head. There is no excuse for this safety risk on the fourth floor. Out of date cosmetic features are one thing, but out of date safety features can not be excused. The restaurant is extremely slow. The food is OK, but in the amount of time it took them to make me a Philly Cheese Steak sandwich, they could have prepared a gourmet meal. The restaurant can not blame the poor service on being busy; my wife, my son, and I were the only ones in the restaurant.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Reynolds357
Monroe, NC
Reviewed 5 July 2011

I liked this place better than I thought I would. The room was up-to-date and perfectly clean. Nice lobby and a lounge, but the lounge closes too early. There was an arcade and a nice pool. The hotel was also on a waterway and we enjoyed sitting on the balcony and watching the boats go by. There was also some sort of walkway along the waters edge but we didn't get a chance to go down there and walk. It looked pretty from our balcony. The outlet mall was just down the road and there was a happening bar next door to the hotel. But I will warn you that this hotel is in an area where where are quite a few closed down businesses, but there did not seem to be any sort of safety issues.

Room Tip: Waterview rooms are nice
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Fayetteville, North Carolina
Reviewed 1 July 2011

This hotel was better than I expected. I read a lot of reviews on different websites to get an idea of what condition it was in ... most gave great reviews, but I'm always a bit sketchy when staying at new places. I didn't expect the Clairion Hotel to be as nice as it was. Upon entrance, we were greeted right away. My room was really clean and the beds were soooooo comfortable! There is about a 15-20 minute drive from the hotel to the beach or the hotel to Family Kingdom, but after being around crowds of people all day, you'll enjoy the QUIET! There is also a lounge. I didn't eat there, but the prices did look reasonable. I will stay here again without hesitation.

Room Tip: I found the best price on Clarion's website
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Statesville, NC
Reviewed 29 June 2011

Stayed for one night as a lay-over hotel... was driving into Myrtle Beach after midnight and just needed a place to sleep before checking in to our resort on Saturday. I booked because I am a Choice Priviliges member and it was an opportunity to earn points. When approaching the hotel, I was very skeptical. It is in a part of town that has had ups and downs. The once-popular outlet malls moved and the abandoned buildings are still out front of the hotel. After the outlet malls, a theme park moved in next door and promptly went bankrupt. Needless to say, the hotel is just kinda 'there' on the Intracoastal Waterway with no real purpose surrounding it.

I arrived at the hotel at 1:30am and walked into a BEAUTIFUL lobby. If anything in this hotel has been upgraded/changed, this is definitely it! The desk member on duty followed me inside from her cigarette break and was one of the nicest employees I have ever encountered at a stay. She recognized me as a Choice Priviliges member (which has never been done before) with complimentary cookies and beverages as well as a late check-out, which was GREAT! I had reserved a standard view king room, but was given a double by accident. She changed my reservation without issue, and upgraded me to what seemed to be a King suite with an amazing view of the waterway and pool area. While the furniture in the room was a little outdated, the overall cleanliness was great, and the bedding/accomodations were wonderful.

Complaints: outdated hallways that smelled of mildew and location.
Positives: amazing staff and a great nights sleep!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends